FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 97>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2023 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

It's Pinnocks mistake initially for sure, but should Collins not get to the cut back?

No, if he does it would be an unbelievable interception. Collins is high and wide up the pitch as Brentford have the ball, Pinnock literally passes the Arsenal player in on goal and Collins has to sprint back to cover. The odds are massively against him stopping the pass, he's sprinting back towards goal and the Arsenal man has space and time to pick out his team mate for an easy finish, which he does.

Ok, I'd like to see it from another angle before I comment further.
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2023 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

It's Pinnocks mistake initially for sure, but should Collins not get to the cut back?

No, if he does it would be an unbelievable interception. Collins is high and wide up the pitch as Brentford have the ball, Pinnock literally passes the Arsenal player in on goal and Collins has to sprint back to cover. The odds are massively against him stopping the pass, he's sprinting back towards goal and the Arsenal man has space and time to pick out his team mate for an easy finish, which he does.
We're decent enough..
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2023 at 8:37pm
Idah Dream!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2023 at 8:28pm
YBIG adds an extra 3 characters to the link making it a 404.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2023 at 8:28pm
He almost intercepted it but might've been better to stay on his feet and close the Arsenal player maybe?

Might be bit harsh though as he certainly wasn't the main culprit who made such an insane backpass under that press. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2023 at 8:25pm
https://twitter.com/i/status/1707108744356639151

Not sure why link doesnt work, but if you copy and paste it in to browser it will

Edited by John Nice - 27 Sep 2023 at 8:26pm
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2023 at 8:24pm
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2023 at 8:21pm
Pinnock passed the ball straight to an Arsenal player putting him in on goal, Collins fault? LOL
We're decent enough..
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2023 at 8:20pm
No
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2023 at 8:13pm
Just caught a clip of it there on twitter, but is that another oh dear moment for Nathan?
Idah Dream!
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2023 at 12:20pm

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

"Armchair fans" coming from a lad who when you check the match thread the next day he's always on it so clearly doesn't go to a game home or away. 

Was on the the Dutch game thread lecturing people on the correct Germanic pronunciation of the Dutch players names LOLLOLLOLLOL

Hadn't realised the Aviva was a 4G blackspot?

Germanic pronunciation? Dutch people speak Dutch. You were b*tching about how a Dutch players name was being pronounced by a commentator, when in fact he was pronouncing it correctly and you were talking out of your hole. I wouldn't even compliment you by calling you an armchair fan, you're just a good old fashioned clown Clown
I never once mentioned or bitched about how any Dutch players name should be pronounced so you have me mixed up with someone else, that's why I thought it was bizzare and even more  bizarre now if you were at a match(which I doubt) on YBIG, posting about it.  But you get called out that many times by other posters for your relentless child like green tinted obsession, I can see how you lose track of who it is.Thumbs Up
PaddyMaddenIsCounty! View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyMaddenIsCounty! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2023 at 10:53am
How Dawson is doing this season is irrelevant. Last season he took Collins place and kept him out of the team. Collins got move and if he doesn’t become a bit more battle hardened he will be out of the team again before long. He needs to wise up and improve his concentration.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2023 at 10:20am
He's a bit like John Stones at that age. He does his best work with the ball.

Hopefully he will improve defensively with more experience.
Salmon of Knowledge View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salmon of Knowledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 11:14pm

Originally posted by Salmon of Knowledge Salmon of Knowledge wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Going by the highlights on MOTD, he had a very poor game. Is directly responsible for the 1st and 3rd but also doesnt win a header in the run up to McNeil’s chance and then himself and the RB lose Doucouré again as he hits his the bar. 

A young defender playing in the PL will have bad days no matter the opposition. Wouldn’t be panicking just yet.

It seems to be a trend with Collins though. He put in similar performances for Wolves and ended up getting dropped for Craig Dawson, who wouldn't be half as good a footballer but who knows how to defend.

Hoping he improves and quickly because the PL is ruthless, a manager is not going to let a central defender "bed in" if he's costing them games.

Not doing him much use on the evidence of this season, was all at sea vs Luton yesterday as well.

Well I haven't seen much of Dawson this season, but his signing kept Wolves up last season, I have no doubt about that. Maybe his form has dipped since Lopetegui left. 

But the point remains the same, Nathan's basics of defending need to improve if he wants to remain a first choice PL defender. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Salmon of Knowledge Salmon of Knowledge wrote:

Going by the highlights on MOTD, he had a very poor game. Is directly responsible for the 1st and 3rd but also doesnt win a header in the run up to McNeil’s chance and then himself and the RB lose Doucouré again as he hits his the bar. 

A young defender playing in the PL will have bad days no matter the opposition. Wouldn’t be panicking just yet.

It seems to be a trend with Collins though. He put in similar performances for Wolves and ended up getting dropped for Craig Dawson, who wouldn't be half as good a footballer but who knows how to defend.

Hoping he improves and quickly because the PL is ruthless, a manager is not going to let a central defender "bed in" if he's costing them games.

Not doing him much use on the evidence of this season, was all at sea vs Luton yesterday as well.
We're decent enough..
Salmon of Knowledge View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salmon of Knowledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 9:16pm

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 7:46pm
Just as I read that. 

The Who's song has just come on the tv. Who Ajer? 
It would damage this forums' reputation
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 6:04pm
Surprised he was starting over Ajer. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 97>
  Share Topic