You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JD Out Protests

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 18>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/he-made-an-eejit-of-himself-eamon-dunphy-blasts-richie-sadlier-over-tennis-ball-protest-comments-37960883.html

Lack of self awarness from Eamon

The man who wore the Cameroon colours for the opening game of World Cup 2002. LOL

Incidentally, did anyone notice Richie Sadlier putting a little tennis ball on his desk at the end of the night?

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 28 Mar 2019 at 7:34pm
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 7:37pm
Dunphy has aged surprisingly well. He looked 104 in 2002, yet he only looks 105 now.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 8:19pm

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/he-made-an-eejit-of-himself-eamon-dunphy-blasts-richie-sadlier-over-tennis-ball-protest-comments-37960883.html

I usually get a laugh out of Dunphys madness but that reads like a simpleton commenting on what happened. 'Ronnie and Duff are great football people' ' So called football people' . Just an article to take pop after pop at Sadlier. Absolutely no doubt if Sadlier had said the protests were moronic, Dunphy would have ranted about Ruby Walsh, Henry Shefflin and all the other great Irish people and their constitutional right to protest. 

Dunphy, and all those lads at RTE should be mortified by their comments around this episode. Sadlier, who I'm not a fan of at all, was spot on in everything he said. Sadlier Clap
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 9:17pm
A lot of posters saying that they don’t particularly like Sadlier. Must say I always enjoy his punditry and listening to him speak in general. A clever f**ker. Don’t really see what’s not to like about him. Eamo has had an absolute mare with that article. Embarrassing from him
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 9:23pm
Dunphy or brady never rated sadlier or respected him. Think brady got wound up with him one evening during one of the tournament games. Cant think which one. Think the game was delayed due to rain and you could tell brady just didnt like him. 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 9:53pm
Yeah I always liked Richie. Despite what that other clown said, I would have regarded him a proper "football person". Has often spoken about grassroots and development and our short falls. I like him 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Should be a big protest outside the dail the day hessup before the pac. The man is shameless and will hang on in the Fai no matter who wants him gone.
Good idea
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 12:33am
His decision to postpone the Dail appearance in February must be up there with the vantage club debacle as the worst he ever made; Rock and Murphy look to be going to town on him. O Riordan has plenty of disdain for him too. The other donkeys will still want to make a name for themselves. Though I see another on the Conmittee with a conflicting interest is Ruth Coppinger. Her brother Eugene as steward was confiscating banners back at the Scotland game. A noble FAI man
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 12:39am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

His decision to postpone the Dail appearance in February must be up there with the vantage club debacle as the worst he ever made; Rock and Murphy look to be going to town on him. O Riordan has plenty of disdain for him too. The other donkeys will still want to make a name for themselves. Though I see another on the Conmittee with a conflicting interest is Ruth Coppinger. Her brother Eugene as steward was confiscating banners back at the Scotland game. A noble FAI man
Any chance of writing up an email with all the f**k ups that we could send to the other TDs Pipkin?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 12:47am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Isn't a bit unfair to be singling Coppinger out for something she hasn't done? She can't be held accountable for either her brother's actions or her participation in a meeting with the FAI that hasn't yet taken place.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 1:02am
Ah yes Eugene, the suit clad top dog of the section who around the same time as anti JD protests started, was himself a regular protester on the streets around Dail Eireann and elsewhere over other social issues. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 2:13am
In fairness that’s a stretch lads, I’d have far more faith in Coppinger than most involved.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 9:03am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

In fairness that’s a stretch lads, I’d have far more faith in Coppinger than most involved.

Time will tell I suppose but it seems a happy coincidence that her brother works for the FAI and she hasn’t said anything publicly on the matter. He was also the goon that threw the journalist from the junior soccer portal out of Tallaght a couple of years ago on video. Another flattering indictment of a councilor’s character
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

The man who wore the Cameroon colours for the opening game of World Cup 2002. LOL

Incidentally, did anyone notice Richie Sadlier putting a little tennis ball on his desk at the end of the night?

That's his stress ball from having to listen to Duff all night.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 9:37am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Isn't a bit unfair to be singling Coppinger out for something she hasn't done? She can't be held accountable for either her brother's actions or her participation in a meeting with the FAI that hasn't yet taken place.
In the real World, yes.

But we are talking about Irish politicians and the FAI here with their combined history since day 1 of nepotism, cronyism and corruption.

Its a Father Ted sketch mixed with Monty Python with a sprinkling of the Simpsons.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 10:21am
So she is guilty because of the crimes of others? I would say that attitude is part of the problem.
You can’t complain about nepotism while vilifying  her because of her brother.
Let’s at least wait until after the event before crucifying her.

Edited by pre Madonna - 29 Mar 2019 at 10:22am
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 10:25am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

So she is guilty because of the crimes of others? I would say that attitude is part of the problem.
You can’t complain about nepotism while vilifying  her because of her brother.
Let’s at least wait until after the event before crucifying her.
Love the Python reference Wink
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 10:37am
Well done on getting it.Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 18>
  Share Topic