URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=56907
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 2:35pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: JD Out Protests
Posted By: L.A.A.D.
Subject: JD Out Protests
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 4:04pm
Long time lurker former poster 

This has been a rollercoaster week. And with so littel time to plan anything we should just try and encourage as many fans to bring their own banners/14 sheets or whatever into the Aviva on Tuesday.
All ideas and organisers welcome to start something here through the Irish fans 

LAAD organised the Bike admobile that was at the convention centre and Dublin city for the Euro 2020 draw. It didn't create too much of a ripple but we can get it out again on Tuesday 4 hours before the match. Really put the pressure on him 

So if Irekland fans want to help fund it we need around €300

http://www.gofundme.com/the-john-delaney-out-ad-mobile - https://www.gofundme.com/the-john-delaney-out-ad-mobile

Sign LAAD petition 
http://www.change.org/p/football-association-of-ireland-remove-john-delaney-as--of-the-fai - https://www.change.org/p/football-association-of-ireland-remove-john-delaney-as-head-of-the-fai

Replies:
Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 6:40pm
https://www.gofundme.com/the-john-delaney-out-ad-mobile" rel="nofollow - https://www.gofundme.com/the-john-delaney-out-ad-mobile

Working link there 

Posted By: JamieRed
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 8:53am
Lads
Myself and a good friend have been working on this one for ages. The friend is a graphic designer, did a massive job on a JD out flag. They are easily 12ft x 12 and on really thin material so it fits onto a small bag/backpack. We have three made. One coming with me and a couple of mates in 110 in the corner. The other in 502 to be draped down. Perfect for TV view. The other one will be near the dugouts. Hopefully this will get the message across. 

Get as many flags in as possible.

-------------
Peter Schmeichel will be like a father figure to Kasper Schmeichel.

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 8:59am
Originally posted by JamieRed JamieRed wrote:

Lads
Myself and a good friend have been working on this one for ages. The friend is a graphic designer, did a massive job on a JD out flag. They are easily 12ft x 12 and on really thin material so it fits onto a small bag/backpack. We have three made. One coming with me and a couple of mates in 110 in the corner. The other in 502 to be draped down. Perfect for TV view. The other one will be near the dugouts. Hopefully this will get the message across. 

Clap Ensure you have someone ready to record in case that it gets taken off you

Posted By: niftof9
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 8:59am
Why doesn't every one going to the Aviva tonight wear an item of black clothing, jacket, t-shirt, jumper..whatever it is over their jerseys or kit. A few minutes of wearing it at start to signal the death or funeral of Irish football if john Delaney remains. Then remove for green and everybody can support the team?

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:01am
Originally posted by niftof9 niftof9 wrote:

Why doesn't every one going to the Aviva tonight wear an item of black clothing, jacket, t-shirt, jumper..whatever it is over their jerseys or kit. A few minutes of wearing it at start to signal the death or funeral of Irish football if john Delaney remains. Then remove for green and everybody can support the team?

Bit late in the day now, most will have left for the day already

Posted By: 50%lesssugar&salt
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:01am

Lads

Good of you to give the FAI advanced warning

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:21am
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Lads

Good of you to give the FAI advanced warning

All eyes are on the FAI tonight. Flags that get confiscated will get more publicity than those that don’t if done right and there’s evidence 

Posted By: niftof9
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:21am
Yeah thats a fair point, black tape then over the arm. or someone get down to pennys and stock up on some 2.5 black tees :)  its a symbol of protest and less disruptive to team. also wouldn't lead to fines or fan division. 

Posted By: Amamac
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:24am
Hi lads,
another  lurker of the site.
I have a very simple idea for a protest. That can get everyone involved.

Show JD the red card. 
No paper required just use our phones.
 MDownload a red background image from google. Saved to your photos. make sure the red image covers the whole screen. 
At a certain time the whole place shows the red card (screen)

Maybe it wouldn’t work but it’s definitely a protest they can’t hamper. Plus everyone has a phone

Posted By: houghton88
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:42am

Lads

I hope these are fake locations and will be unveiled in different areas. Otherwise you just told Delaney's Lurkers where to watch out for. 

Best way to smuggle the small flags and banners in is through premium. They dont search you going in there. They can be then dropped down over the balcony onto 114 or you can walk down from the premium to the bottom tier. 

-------------
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Amamac Amamac wrote:

Hi lads,
another  lurker of the site.
I have a very simple idea for a protest. That can get everyone involved.

Show JD the red card. 
No paper required just use our phones.
 MDownload a red background image from google. Saved to your photos. make sure the red image covers the whole screen. 
At a certain time the whole place shows the red card (screen)

Maybe it wouldn’t work but it’s definitely a protest they can’t hamper. Plus everyone has a phone

That’s actually a really good idea. Feel it’s too late to get word around now though.

Posted By: DangerHere
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:11am
not at all too late. Download it yourself...and tell anybody you know who is going. It takes 1 minute to download. I've got mine ready

Certain time...lets say the 10 minutes in?

Posted By: Amamac
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:39am
Not sure how effective a red screen would be under stadium lights though. It would work if the whole stadium was involved and the best way to plan that would be in advance with a Facebook event set up and all social media utilised to get the word out. To fans and media. Maybe an idea for a future match, if the cowboy still has his new job.

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:44am
Originally posted by DangerHere DangerHere wrote:

not at all too late. Download it yourself...and tell anybody you know who is going. It takes 1 minute to download. I've got mine ready

Could the red card get enough attention? if it was shared on ybig Facebook and twitter it would be easily done and could be screenshotted. It wouldn't be long generating interest also as its easy to do and should spread quick on social media.

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:44am

Are we to be treated to the drummers who like to start banging away at very strategic moments this evening? I hope they get slaughtered if they are there 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: gmfc90
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:48am
Trumpet band might make an appearance again

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:03am
Lads we have set up a whatsapp group detailing the protests for tonight if you want added to the group send a PM to Mc Hammered.

Posted By: RayHoughton
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:17am
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Trumpet band might make an appearance again

Will the drums of Africa make an appearance again. They were class!

-------------
George 'The Baggio brothers, of course, are not related' Hamilton

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:22am

Be interesting how all this pans out tonight , I would say the smart people are the ones who have plans made in private we will see .

Should be rocking in 114 one way or the other .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:22am
The bell and the drum duo were keeping the jd beat alive in Gibraltar 🤡🤡🤡

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Posted By: Bogumit
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:28am
As long as the protest matches the intensity of the protest at the Convention center in December it will have its effect.

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Originally posted by DangerHere DangerHere wrote:

Could the red card get enough attention? if it was shared on ybig Facebook and twitter it would be easily done and could be screenshotted. It wouldn't be long generating interest also as its easy to do and should spread quick on social media.

If there were a lot of people doing it then I think it would. Obviously if it is just a couple of people here and there then it wouldn't be noticed.

Protesting aside I wonder would that be a good way to welcome the team onto the pitch in the future...with a green phone display

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 12:12pm
All the bluster about tonight and what might happen, one thing is for sure the super mouths on here will be the last in to the ground after squeezing the last drop of brave juice into themselves, why can’t you all get into the ground at least half an hour before kick off and do your protesting then and again at half time and stay back after the game if needs be and stop fcking up the game for the rest of the supporters ?

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

All the bluster about tonight and what might happen, one thing is for sure the super mouths on here will be the last in to the ground after squeezing the last drop of brave juice into themselves, why can’t you all get into the ground at least half an hour before kick off and do your protesting then and again at half time and stay back after the game if needs be and stop fcking up the game for the rest of the supporters ?

True dat!!!! I have seen many a march down to Lansdowne end up not happening because "sure we'll have another pint"

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 12:33pm

LOL

Posted By: ed_1982
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 1:01pm
can the protests be done before the game or after so that it doesnt impact the players or performance? or wait until we are winning before doing so....doing it when 0-0 or losing just makes matters worse. 

ill gladly join any anti fai march or protest as long as it doesnt impact the game. 

the cameras will still pick it up. the message will still get across but  the team needs our support.  even a gathering outside FAI headquarters on tomorrow and repeatedly would serve more purpose than tonight. 

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by ed_1982 ed_1982 wrote:

can the protests be done before the game or after so that it doesnt impact the players or performance? or wait until we are winning before doing so....doing it when 0-0 or losing just makes matters worse. 

ill gladly join any anti fai march or protest as long as it doesnt impact the game. 

the cameras will still pick it up. the message will still get across but  the team needs our support.  even a gathering outside FAI headquarters on tomorrow and repeatedly would serve more purpose than tonight. 
Do you really think that the players are going to care if someone has a Delaney out banner or something like that for feck sake? Fair enough if everyone spends the game changing about Delaney and the fai but it’s still noise at the end of the day. The players will hopefully be getting on with the game anyway and not listening to the lyrics of the chants😂😂😂

Posted By: Reillers88
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 1:36pm
Just from reading all this it looks like, while people's intentions on a protest are legitimate, there is no one course of action that has been agreed by a substantial number to make it noticeable. Of course I could be wrong and something major could take place in the Aviva tonight but realistically until one concrete form of protest is agreed on its serves very little purpose.

Posted By: ChesterCopperpot
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 2:04pm

Do you really think that the players are going to care if someone has a Delaney out banner or something like that for feck sake? Fair enough if everyone spends the game changing about Delaney and the fai but it’s still noise at the end of the day. The players will hopefully be getting on with the game anyway and not listening to the lyrics of the chants😂😂😂

They might do. Would you think the majority of players would want him gone, ot to stay!

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

They might do. Would you think the majority of players would want him gone, ot to stay!
If they players are effected by a few anti Delaney or fai chants then they might as well retire. Do you like the players honestly would be better? Half of them couldn’t give a toss about them I’d say. It’s likely too that a lot of them would like to see him go judging the amount of retired players who have spoke against him. Even before the last Euros a group of players had to sit down and negotiate tournament fees with him.

Posted By: fatherhernandez
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 2:14pm
Lads we have set up a whatsapp group detailing the protests for tonight if you want added to the group send a PM to Mc Hammered.
Can't PM for whatever reason, any chance you could PM me. ST holder in East stand lower

Posted By: kerryman95
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 2:16pm
Its ridiculous to suggest it will affect the players. There is no doubt they would be glad to see the back of him going by what very recently retired players such as walters have had to say, but to try and say it will have any tangible effect on the outcome is foolish.

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by kerryman95 kerryman95 wrote:

Its ridiculous to suggest it will affect the players. There is no doubt they would be glad to see the back of him going by what very recently retired players such as walters have had to say, but to try and say it will have any tangible effect on the outcome is foolish.
Some people are trying to use any excuse possible in case went don’t win tonight😂😂

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Reillers88 Reillers88 wrote:

Just from reading all this it looks like, while people's intentions on a protest are legitimate, there is no one course of action that has been agreed by a substantial number to make it noticeable. Of course I could be wrong and something major could take place in the Aviva tonight but realistically until one concrete form of protest is agreed on its serves very little purpose.
Good afternoon abbottstown

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: kerryman95
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 2:31pm
It does seem that way. I am as fed up with Delaney as the next man, and would be of the opinion that turning our backs on the game in the 16th minute (is it 16 years he has been CEO?) for the entire minute. It is a bad state of affairs when Niall Quinn when pressed about his interest in the CEO's job said he wouldnt becaused he felt it was only half of a CEO's job and that working with Delaney still involved would be impossible. He has served his time, people have different opinions on his tenure but Jesus man when your time is up your time is up. Move aside and give someone else a fresh start, without you looking over their shoulder hampering the new man/woman.

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 2:56pm

Good afternoon abbottstown

LOL

Posted By: daveyc
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 4:19pm

The "substantial number" should be be clearly audible tonight

Posted By: JamieRed
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 4:39pm
All systems go lads . You’ll all see us in the stadium . Hopefully we will make the TV too.

-------------
Peter Schmeichel will be like a father figure to Kasper Schmeichel.

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 4:51pm

Just an FYI, I’m not the chief organizer of any protest but cheers for the shout out Brendan88 you kunt 😁 
Sorry to disappoint the lads who sent through the PMs

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 4:56pm
LOLLOLLOL

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Just an FYI, I’m not the chief organizer of any protest but cheers for the shout out Brendan88 you kunt 😁 

Suuuuure you're not.

Anyway all levity aside you'll be pleased to hear we are all systems go for the airplane flying over the stadium to drop c. 1,000 tennis balls on to the pitch Commander MC.

Posted By: Hans Moleman
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

LOL

-------------
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 5:37pm
There were anti Delaney protests at the cup final. The FAI hired a group to bang drums when certain songs were sung. Fans threw flares at them. They then left. Pyro solves everything.

Posted By: AnCearrbhach
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

There were anti Delaney protests at the cup final. The FAI hired a group to bang drums when certain songs were sung. Fans threw flares at them. They then left. Pyro solves everything.

Not sure many on  here have the stomach for that LOL you need 30+ games a year of being furious with the FAI for that not 4.

-------------
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.

Posted By: Bogumit
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 6:06pm

Could the admins please pass the email address of this user to the FAI.

Posted By: counterlock
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 6:07pm
I saw three drummers with bad intentions along Lansdowne road 

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Bogumit Bogumit wrote:

Could the admins please pass the email address of this user to the FAI.
LOL

Posted By: McGuigan89
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 6:41pm
Goin in turnstile q and over heard the security sayin to each other to ale sure and check every flag tryin to get through

Posted By: colmoc
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 7:47pm
f**k Delaney and the fai goin early👍🏻👍🏻

Posted By: BaileNuisBhoy
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 8:41pm
So much for the tennis ball thing being a no go 😂

-------------
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!

Posted By: Scamper
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 8:44pm
f**king gobsh*tes....

-------------
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====

Posted By: colmoc
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 8:47pm
Richie Sadlier defending the tennis balls.
Duff disgusted.
They seemed to be coming from all sides in the Telly?

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

Richie Sadlier defending the tennis balls.
Duff disgusted.
They seemed to be coming from all sides in the Telly?
These new televisions are a wonder...

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: eireland
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 8:56pm
All the snowflakes rattled from a little protest. We scored after anyway so happy days. Maybe we should do it every game. 

Posted By: kimbap
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:19pm
jeez, the word snowflake is thrown about a lot these days

Posted By: Rocko
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:50pm
Did I hear the Fuk Delaney & the Fai chant after the final whistle??

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Rocko Rocko wrote:

Did I hear the Fuk Delaney & the Fai chant after the final whistle??
Yes

Posted By: Killowen Celtic
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:56pm
Good work.

Posted By: RKeane
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:03pm
Snowflakes are rattled! 

-------------
YESSSS! IT'S THERE

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:04pm
Few weirdos giving me stares for trying to get the f**k Delaney chant going in the south stand. 

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

jeez, the word snowflake is thrown about a lot these days
It is very hard to take anybody that uses it seriously.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:10pm
Plenty of Uncle Tim's on RTE tonight afraid to ruin their FAI career chances. Duff especially but commentators pretending they didn't know what was happening was pathetic. 

-------------

Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Plenty of Uncle Tim's on RTE tonight afraid to ruin their FAI career chances. Duff especially but commentators pretending they didn't know what was happening was pathetic. 

They said it was stupid and pathetic. Which it was.

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

For what reason to you feel it was either stupid or pathetic. The only way I would call it pathetic is that it didn't go nearly far enough but baby steps. 

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:29pm

For what reason to you feel it was either stupid or pathetic. The only way I would call it pathetic is that it didn't go nearly far enough but baby steps. 

Were trying to get to the euros here. What will throwing tennis fcking balls on the pitch possibly disrupting our game do anyone. What will it actually do? Fcking nothing. Im with duffer on this. Fcking stupid. Im not against protest but have a march or something. Dont disrupt our chances during a game. 

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:29pm
Why tennis balls in Ireland? What is the reasoning behind that? In Germany it is sarcasm, in Ireland it is surrealism! 

Was AbuAbu alright after the riot it caused? I hear O'Connell street is burning.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:34pm

Were trying to get to the euros here. What will throwing tennis fcking balls on the pitch possibly disrupting our game do anyone. What will it actually do? Fcking nothing. Im with duffer on this. Fcking stupid. Im not against protest but have a march or something. Dont disrupt our chances during a game. 

First off I would back any protest that caused change in the FAI. I realise that many people on here only care about the senior team but if you think the disruption caused tonight was excessive (we scored a goal 10 seconds after) then you clearly have no desire for a protest of any kind. I would advocate for far larger and more disruptive protests until Delaney and his cronies are consigned to history. 

-------------

Posted By: Bham_McDermott
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:37pm
Were RTE prominent in showing the banners/balls? Sky showed and discussed it a number of times at half-time/full-time coverage

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:41pm
Was against it but worked well, fair play lads 

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

+1 

Ensures it's in the papers again tomorrow 

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: The White Cafu
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:42pm
I rather the Tennis Ball protest than nothing at all, Duff saying this is not the time or place for any sort of protest, other avenues have been tried with little to no publicity so I don’t see this as much of a bad thing as everybody else seems to. Why tennis balls I don’t know but at least it attracted some proper attention this time. 

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:43pm

How? What did it achieve exactly. 

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:45pm

What would any protest achieve exactly?? Are you against all forms of anti-FAI protesting

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:45pm

Keeps Delaney in the papers again tomorrow despite the result

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:46pm

I thought it was funny myself as there seemed to so few tennis balls LOL but at least it got noticed and keeps the pressure on John the Baptist.

Where are people getting this nonsense notion that players were going to be totally distracted when the tennis balls came on. Are most of the Irish players avid tennis players? Would they all be dreaming of a nice game of tennis instead of concentrating on their jobs after the balls came on?

Maybe the Georgians are more into their tennis? Maybe they spent the night thinking of a nice knock around at the local tennis club and it resulted in us winning? 

-------------
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:49pm
The only way to get peoples attention these days is to annoy them.

New balls please..

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

What would any protest achieve exactly?? Are you against all forms of anti-FAI protesting

No just dont do it during an important game disrupting the teams chances. As duffer says 4 mins added on due to disruption where they could have scored and almost did. Now i know thats a bit of a stretch but its a point. March before the game, sit in after etc etc. Dont disrupt the game. Thats my own view. Embarrasing to watch.

Posted By: GoneToShowgies
Thought Duff let himself down tonight. No idea of what Irish football fans are thinking or feeling about the game in this country. Couldnt see the bigger picture tonight based on his comments. 

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:50pm

Iconic moment now after we scored straight after itLOL the lads that threw them can say they were the 12 fan! Yeah I'd be of the same idea as you vidic

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:51pm
Duff is an absolute ape. Trying to be controversial there I think. If anyone thinks that protest could have affected the result today they need their head checked. 

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:52pm
Richie S with a very articulate statement on Irish fans frustrations post match.

https://twitter.com/rtesoccer/status/1110670164859584512?s=21" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/rtesoccer/status/1110670164859584512?s=21

No just dont do it during an important game disrupting the teams chances. As duffer says 4 mins added on due to disruption where they could have scored and almost did. Now i know thats a bit of a stretch but its a point. March before the game, sit in after etc etc. Dont disrupt the game. Thats my own view. Embarrasing to watch.

It's the same amount of time to be played whether there's stoppages or not. That's an incredibly weak argument. You protest during the game as it's visible on television and the commentators are forced to mention it. Other less regular attendees might also become curious as to the reasons for the protest. It's a basic concept and it happens in many many countries. 

-------------

Duff is an absolute ape. Trying to be controversial there I think. If anyone thinks that protest could have affected the result today they need their head checked. 

We scored straight after it but yet it was the cause of them scoring LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:53pm

Can anyone explain this massive disruption the Irish players felt?

How come they were so disrupted by a stoppage in play, that's all it was, but the Georgians supposedly weren't?

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Richie S with a very articulate statement on Irish fans frustrations post match.

Not a Sadlier fan at all but he spoke very well and hopefully put pressure on the Oireachtas committee with his comments.

I thought Darragh Moloney was acting like a total gobdaw and buffoon. As if he hadn't a notion why anyone would be upset around the Irish football scene at the moment.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:55pm

International media coverage, recognition of the serious discontent within the game against JD. 

Posted By: ontheball
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:00pm
Was initially against it but thought it worked well.  Got media attention and negative media glare onto JD.  Some may feel that it interrupted the game, it didn't, it was at a time when a free kick was about to be taken and we scored.  The bigger picture here is getting rid of the greatest blight on our game in a generation.  If a few tennis balls highlights this, so be it.

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:01pm

https://twitter.com/rtesoccer/status/1110670164859584512?s=21" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/rtesoccer/status/1110670164859584512?s=21
A million percent?Angry Duff is a f**king eejit.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:03pm
We were so terribly disrupted we scored. 
I was initially against the idea but it worked, everyone’s talking about it now including Duff, although he was more interested in having a go at the fans than the CEO when given the opportunity, shouldn’t be surprised really though. 
It’ll be all over the papers tomorrow & keeps the pressure on the corrupt **** 

Posted By: Twoinarow
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:15pm

The first half had 49 minutes due to stoppages (3 mins for tennis balls) 

If the tennis balls had not have happened, the first half would have been 46 minutes. 

No extra minutes of play was added 

-------------
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I can imagine you going ballistic over that and all the "for me" LOL

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

The first half had 49 minutes due to stoppages (3 mins for tennis balls) 

If the tennis balls had not have happened, the first half would have been 46 minutes. 

No extra minutes of play was added 
Doherty & Damien Duffs heads have just exploded 

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I can imagine you going ballistic over that and all the "for me" LOL
Ballistic is pushing it a bit!Although a little bit of cheese on toast fell in my tea, which was disappointing! He isn't the brightest of lads though, that's for sure!
I don't always agree with Sadlier, but he is a clever fella who speaks very well. He is a decent writer too. He does come across as a bit of a **** though.

-------------

Posted By: Pauldaly1984
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:40pm
What were the words to the Delaney chant. All I could make out were f**k Delaney and the fai

Posted By: eireland
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 12:02am
Duffer is a f**king Donkey. He'll rise fast within the FAI with an attitude like that. Lost all respect for him.

Rte muted the mics on the singing section too. They know no bounds.

Next they'll be putting a sound proof glass wall and roof around the fans. 

Duffer every time St. Delaney was brought up. 

Posted By: Deane
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 12:28am
Was the drummer by the Ballybrack flag in the premium section initially trying to change the anti Delaney chants? I got that impressiin anyway. 

Also I was against the tennis ball protest but it seems to have worked so fair play

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 12:50am
Watching RTE facebool there, what happened in Gilbraltar someone protesting being escorted out by police?

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 1:01am
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

What were the words to the Delaney chant. All I could make out were f**k Delaney and the fai
'He always cheats, he always lies...' Then the bit you were able to make out.

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Posted By: Ecumenical Matter
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 1:30am
No problem with 
JD protest - he must go - although it needs to be about the  board as much as the CEO.  They need to go as well.

What I can’t understand is the timing.  I realise some of the people with the tennis balls and the chants are one IQ point above plant life but a protest when we have an attacking free and, worse still, when we are defending a corner? Come on.  If you put your protest ahead of the team then you are not an Ireland supporter. Stay in the pub because you are f**k all use in the ground.  

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net