You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JD Out Protests

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 18>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 10:11am
Felt proud last night lads at the protests

Fair play to whoever did their part

Consensus from neutrals and otherwise is they were right

Duff banging on about drawing to Georgia all because of our CEO sounds like an awful contradiction to his point.

Sponsored Links

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 11:29am
Originally posted by greengooner greengooner wrote:

TBH Duffs behavior last night on TV was appalling and he got called out on it.
I said a while ago on here that Duff was a prick.
Glad he made a fool of himself last night.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Beavis View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 11:32am
Likewise, thought it was good; glad to see people aren't putting up with the regime anymore and if it means stopping a game for a few minutes to so that so be it.

My favourite part was when the bell ringing guy, who was trying to drown out any chants with his drum/bell, was giving "Stand Up for the Boys in Green" a good go when it morphed into "Stand up for Delaney Out" ...the look of horror at being caught up in it LOL... "ahh I was standing for something else!"
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 11:54am
The tennis balls worked out great, fair play to the lads that took them to the game.

The TV would never have picked up the anti-JD chants, the tennis balls have made the news here and across the water, I'm sure internationally too!

A great night all around Clap
Reillers88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

The tennis balls worked out great, fair play to the lads that took them to the game.

The TV would never have picked up the anti-JD chants, the tennis balls have made the news here and across the water, I'm sure internationally too!

Definitely won't pick them up when the microphones are turned off as is the rumour! If that is true then shame on RTÉ 
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Beavis Beavis wrote:

Likewise, thought it was good; glad to see people aren't putting up with the regime anymore and if it means stopping a game for a few minutes to so that so be it.

My favourite part was when the bell ringing guy, who was trying to drown out any chants with his drum/bell, was giving "Stand Up for the Boys in Green" a good go when it morphed into "Stand up for Delaney Out" ...the look of horror at being caught up in it LOL... "ahh I was standing for something else!"

Made a fool of himself in Aarhus too. 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Reillers88 Reillers88 wrote:

Definitely won't pick them up when the microphones are turned off as is the rumour! If that is true then shame on RTÉ 
I watched the game back and could hear very little from the singing section even though the atmosphere was very good last night. Not quite like Germany, Bosnia and start of Denmark game but was much better than the nations league games. It was by far the loudest anti-JD chants in the last few years yet only only time i could hear it watching back was when the tennis balls were thrown out. Poor form from RTE turning the mics off and the two boys commentating saying how it was a disgrace and Duff and Darragh Maloney in the studio. Time for a few f#ck RTE chants aswell.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Originally posted by Reillers88 Reillers88 wrote:

I watched the game back and could hear very little from the singing section even though the atmosphere was very good last night. Not quite like Germany, Bosnia and start of Denmark game but was much better than the nations league games. It was by far the loudest anti-JD chants in the last few years yet only only time i could hear it watching back was when the tennis balls were thrown out. Poor form from RTE turning the mics off and the two boys commentating saying how it was a disgrace and Duff and Darragh Maloney in the studio. Time for a few f#ck RTE chants aswell.

I've just been skimming through the Off The Ball commentary, the chants are far louder on that then they were on RTE. Clearly audible.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 1:43pm
I could hear them clearly via rte2
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

same. Could hear them throughout the game
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

Haven't watched it back yet, was going off what people had posted on here. Very clear on radio commentary anyway.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

Haven't watched it back yet, was going off what people had posted on here. Very clear on radio commentary anyway.

Watching on Sky Sports and they were very clear.
@AntrimMan85
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 4:38am
Same as on Bein Sports, you could definitely make out what was being chanted.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 2:59pm

A pal of mine sent this on to me as a potential idea for keeping the Protests in the public eye with the inevitable lull given the lack of international action for the coming months. 

Your a YBIG man, was thinking this would be a great way of protesting Delaney out: Pick two consecutive gameweeks in the LOI and everyone who wants delaney out goes to their nearest LOI game, even if they don't usually go, bring the Delaney out banners and sing the delaney out song during the game, make sure the journos present know whats happening and make enough noise to get it reported, should get good coverage while also giving LOI clubs a good boost to the coffers, the reason I said two weeks in a row is so every club can get the benefit, Imagine close to 8,000 turning up to Tallaght and the impact that would make, or Athlone Town etc selling out games, would be headline news
El Puto Amo
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 3:09pm
Should be a big protest outside the dail the day hessup before the pac. The man is shameless and will hang on in the Fai no matter who wants him gone.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

A pal of mine sent this on to me as a potential idea for keeping the Protests in the public eye with the inevitable lull given the lack of international action for the coming months. 

Your a YBIG man, was thinking this would be a great way of protesting Delaney out: Pick two consecutive gameweeks in the LOI and everyone who wants delaney out goes to their nearest LOI game, even if they don't usually go, bring the Delaney out banners and sing the delaney out song during the game, make sure the journos present know whats happening and make enough noise to get it reported, should get good coverage while also giving LOI clubs a good boost to the coffers, the reason I said two weeks in a row is so every club can get the benefit, Imagine close to 8,000 turning up to Tallaght and the impact that would make, or Athlone Town etc selling out games, would be headline news
He can't be Irish!LOL
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 6:22pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 7:12pm
Eamons the king of the barstoolers, lost touch years ago when he started to afford better drugs. Never really got over making a bollocks of the job at milltownLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 18>
  Share Topic