You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JD Out Protests

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 18>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 8:41am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I’m presuming there was plenty of banners confiscated last night?

Wasn’t there but doesn’t seem that way. Similar to Gibraltar, think they know the spotlight is on them or they know end game is here.

All we are waiting for now is a statement with ‘behind every man is their children’ which he played at the meetings recently within the resignation statement
Sponsored Links

LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 8:45am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Hope is is fcuked out.
Hope he is prosecuted and banned from being a company director for ten years.
Hope it hits him in the pocket as he's robbed Irish football and taxpayers for far too long.
Hope she leaves him.

LOL
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 8:48am

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Wasn’t there but doesn’t seem that way. Similar to Gibraltar, think they know the spotlight is on them or they know end game is here.

All we are waiting for now is a statement with ‘behind every man is their children’ which he played at the meetings recently within the resignation statement

Last night actually reminded me of the footage you see from the late 80's when all those Eastern European regimes were on their last legs
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Deco79 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 8:59am
Watched the game on Sky but the build up/HT/full time analysis on RTE, Duff was embarrassing last night and rolling his eyes and pulling faces whenever Richie Sadlier put across a lot of valid reasons about the protest and reasons for change within the FAI. I am by no means a fan of Sadlier but he put out a good opinion of how most fans feel about the situation and then unfortunately not backed up by one of Ireland's best players who could have escalated the issue but chose to sit on the fence.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

That’s good to hear, watching on tv I didn’t notice any hence the question. 

Another story out this morning about his financial dealings, this time with a property company he part owns 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 9:12am
  • Whatever your views on the method of fan protest - the value of doing it when the country is watching is obvious. National team matches have been used as a distraction from Irish football's problems for far too long - only right to flip that around.

• Replying to
    @McDonnellDan
    30 tennis balls,the world is ending , loads of supporters tonight thought it was a silly protest and stupid. If you want to protest don’t turn up. 40,000 was a huge crowd

Judging by the reply to Dan McDonnell's tweet his little minions are wound up I see

Edited by Denis Irwin - 27 Mar 2019 at 9:12am
    Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
    t_rAndy View Drop Down
    Robbie Keane
    Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 9:19am
    In fairness to Duff, I think his overall point of view is that we should be here to talk about football but it's all been about JD and protests and he was frustrated that it was the discussion. He wasn't backing JD or anything 
    I guess he didn't get the point that JD and the board have brought it on themselves and fans felt this was the best way to make their feelings knownp

Edited by t_rAndy - 27 Mar 2019 at 9:21am
    Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
    Jack Charlton
    Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 9:27am

Searches going into South Lower were far less stringent than they've been in years. Something is changing, whether that's down to trying to reduce the heat is a possiblity but stewarding was lower key. 
    Blog: A False First XI
    Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
    Facebook: A False First XI
    drog addict View Drop Down
    Jack Charlton
    Jack Charlton
    Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 9:45am
    Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Searches going into South Lower were far less stringent than they've been in years. Something is changing, whether that's down to trying to reduce the heat is a possiblity but stewarding was lower key. 

I noticed that. I though we would have been penned in by hi vis apes. No bother with them at all.
    Pipkin View Drop Down
    Liam Brady
    Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 9:48am
    Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

I noticed that. I though we would have been penned in by hi vis apes. No bother with them at all.

Father Ted Delaney banner hung for the whole match I believe in East upper. 

Times are a changingClap
    9fingers View Drop Down
    Paul McGrath
    Paul McGrath
    Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 9:50am

Good to hear Thumbs Up
    eireland View Drop Down
    Ray Houghton
    Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 9:51am
    Bbc news covered it again just there. It will probably feature on their sport news all day. 
    Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
    Moderator Group
    Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 10:03am
    Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Couple of the papers saying there's an FAI Board meeting 

My money is on Professor Plum with the candelstick
    Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
    gufct View Drop Down
    Jack Charlton
    Jack Charlton
    Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 10:06am
    Best chant was the stand up for Delaney out at the start.
    One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
    Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
    Moderator Group
    Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 10:08am
    Fair play to McHammered for orchestrating everything too. Well done sir Clap
    Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
    Donegalman View Drop Down
    Liam Brady
    Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 10:09am

It was the most lax search i can remember going in. Wasn't even patted down. Joked to the security are you not gonna take my banner off me he replied with 'as long as you don't have tennis balls'. They can't win now. Banners don't get into the ground it causes a stir. Likewise if they do the media have picked up on it.
    greengooner View Drop Down
    Liam Brady
    Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 10:10am
    Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

In fairness to Duff, I think his overall point of view is that we should be here to talk about football but it's all been about JD and protests and he was frustrated that it was the discussion. He wasn't backing JD or anything 
    I guess he didn't get the point that JD and the board have brought it on themselves and fans felt this was the best way to make their feelings knownp
    sorry TR - I can't accept that.
    Duffer brought up the protest!!  So if you bring up something then you gotta be prepared to take what comes out the other side. 

Damian Duff knows what's going on in irish football, with the FAI and with Delaney.  THe fact that he made a fool of himself on TV is his problem and he didn't think that Richie (or anyone on the panel for that matter!) would stand up for the fans and explain what the reason for the protest was, why the fans were protesting and what needed to happen.

I get it that Duffer wants to remain loyal to the FAI as there's money to be made with them, but don't dress it up that he was there to talk about football. 

TBH Duffs behavior last night on TV was appalling and he got called out on it.
    Platini are you listening
    You'd better keep your trophy glistening
    Cos we'll be over next year
    To drink all your beer,
    Walking in an Irish Wonderland.
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 18>
      Share Topic