Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JD Out Protests

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 18>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Was against it but worked well, fair play lads 

How? What did it achieve exactly. 
Sponsored Links

The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

What would any protest achieve exactly?? Are you against all forms of anti-FAI protesting

Edited by The White Cafu - 26 Mar 2019 at 10:46pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:45pm

Keeps Delaney in the papers again tomorrow despite the result
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:46pm

Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Plenty of Uncle Tim's on RTE tonight afraid to ruin their FAI career chances. Duff especially but commentators pretending they didn't know what was happening was pathetic. 

They said it was stupid and pathetic. Which it was.

For what reason to you feel it was either stupid or pathetic. The only way I would call it pathetic is that it didn't go nearly far enough but baby steps. 

Were trying to get to the euros here. What will throwing tennis fcking balls on the pitch possibly disrupting our game do anyone. What will it actually do? Fcking nothing. Im with duffer on this. Fcking stupid. Im not against protest but have a march or something. Dont disrupt our chances during a game. 

I thought it was funny myself as there seemed to so few tennis balls LOL but at least it got noticed and keeps the pressure on John the Baptist.

Where are people getting this nonsense notion that players were going to be totally distracted when the tennis balls came on. Are most of the Irish players avid tennis players? Would they all be dreaming of a nice game of tennis instead of concentrating on their jobs after the balls came on?

Maybe the Georgians are more into their tennis? Maybe they spent the night thinking of a nice knock around at the local tennis club and it resulted in us winning? 

Edited by Hans Moleman - 26 Mar 2019 at 10:46pm
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:49pm
The only way to get peoples attention these days is to annoy them.

New balls please..
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

What would any protest achieve exactly?? Are you against all forms of anti-FAI protesting

No just dont do it during an important game disrupting the teams chances. As duffer says 4 mins added on due to disruption where they could have scored and almost did. Now i know thats a bit of a stretch but its a point. March before the game, sit in after etc etc. Dont disrupt the game. Thats my own view. Embarrasing to watch.
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:49pm
Thought Duff let himself down tonight. No idea of what Irish football fans are thinking or feeling about the game in this country. Couldnt see the bigger picture tonight based on his comments. 

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 26 Mar 2019 at 10:50pm
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:50pm

Iconic moment now after we scored straight after itLOL the lads that threw them can say they were the 12 fan! Yeah I'd be of the same idea as you vidic
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:51pm
Duff is an absolute ape. Trying to be controversial there I think. If anyone thinks that protest could have affected the result today they need their head checked. 
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:52pm
Richie S with a very articulate statement on Irish fans frustrations post match.

Edited by seanyshuffler - 26 Mar 2019 at 10:54pm
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:52pm

No just dont do it during an important game disrupting the teams chances. As duffer says 4 mins added on due to disruption where they could have scored and almost did. Now i know thats a bit of a stretch but its a point. March before the game, sit in after etc etc. Dont disrupt the game. Thats my own view. Embarrasing to watch.

It's the same amount of time to be played whether there's stoppages or not. That's an incredibly weak argument. You protest during the game as it's visible on television and the commentators are forced to mention it. Other less regular attendees might also become curious as to the reasons for the protest. It's a basic concept and it happens in many many countries. 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:52pm

Duff is an absolute ape. Trying to be controversial there I think. If anyone thinks that protest could have affected the result today they need their head checked. 

We scored straight after it but yet it was the cause of them scoring LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:53pm

Can anyone explain this massive disruption the Irish players felt?

How come they were so disrupted by a stoppage in play, that's all it was, but the Georgians supposedly weren't?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Richie S with a very articulate statement on Irish fans frustrations post match.

Not a Sadlier fan at all but he spoke very well and hopefully put pressure on the Oireachtas committee with his comments.

I thought Darragh Moloney was acting like a total gobdaw and buffoon. As if he hadn't a notion why anyone would be upset around the Irish football scene at the moment.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:55pm

International media coverage, recognition of the serious discontent within the game against JD. 

ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:00pm
Was initially against it but thought it worked well.  Got media attention and negative media glare onto JD.  Some may feel that it interrupted the game, it didn't, it was at a time when a free kick was about to be taken and we scored.  The bigger picture here is getting rid of the greatest blight on our game in a generation.  If a few tennis balls highlights this, so be it.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

A million percent?Angry Duff is a f**king eejit.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:03pm
We were so terribly disrupted we scored. 
I was initially against the idea but it worked, everyone’s talking about it now including Duff, although he was more interested in having a go at the fans than the CEO when given the opportunity, shouldn’t be surprised really though. 
It’ll be all over the papers tomorrow & keeps the pressure on the corrupt **** 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 18>
  Share Topic