Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EURO 2020 qualifiers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 19>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I think the results we want tonight are as follows:

Germany to beat Northern Ireland
Netherlands to beat Estonia
We want Germany and Netherlands to qualify out of that group

Slovakia to beat Hungary
Croatia to beat Azerbaijan
We want two from Slovakia, Wales and Croatia to qualify out of that group

The Poland v Austria one is tricky but probably Austria to beat Poland and Israel and Slovenia to draw
We want Poland and Austria to qualify out of that group

In fairness I'd want ISIS and Al Qaeda to qualify out of that group if they were in with those sh*tebags up the road. 
Embarrassed

Not to be taken seriously Bronze. Thumbs Up

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Slovakia to beat Hungary

The Poland v Austria one is tricky but probably Austria to beat Poland and Israel and Slovenia to draw

In fairness I'd want ISIS and Al Qaeda to qualify out of that group if they were in with those sh*tebags up the road. 
LOL
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 5:55pm
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 7:57pm
I also forgot that of course we want Belgium to beat Scotland and Russia to beat Kazakhstan.
Paul Andrew White View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Andrew White Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 8:02pm
Scotland surrendered after just 8 minutes. Unbelievable!!!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 8:24pm
3-0 
3 de Bruyne assists 

Scotland very poor.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Paul Andrew White Paul Andrew White wrote:

Scotland surrendered after just 8 minutes. Unbelievable!!!
They can take our points... But they'll never take our... 

Edited by eireland - 09 Sep 2019 at 9:14pm
Paul Andrew White View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Andrew White Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 9:47pm
Shame on you Scotland!! I think the only one who can bring them back again is king Kenny Dalglish
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 9:48pm

Slovakia to beat Hungary

I also forgot that of course we want Belgium to beat Scotland and Russia to beat Kazakhstan.

Northern Ireland 0 v 2 Germany - tick
Estonia 0 v 4 Netherlands - tick
Netherlands and Germany looking stronger now and Northern Ireland probably need 4 points v Netherlands now which is a huge ask.

Hungary 1 v 2 Slovakia - tick
Azerbaijan 1 v 1 Croatia - nope
This was probably the biggest group and the Slovakia win the biggest result of the night - even with Croatia dropping points, it was a good night for us in this group. The key point is that Hungary not qualifying is more likely now than it was before, especially as they have to go to Croatia and Wales.

Poland 0 v 0 Austria - nope
Slovenia 3 v 2 Israel - nope
This group is looking tighter now and we could do with Austria getting their sh*t together from here - Slovenia v Austria next month is a big game and we could do with Austria going there & winning.

Russia 1 v 0 Kazakhstan - tick
Scotland 0 v 4 Belgium - tick
This group is close to over now and the results tonight were excellent for us - this group could be completely over after the next games, if Kazakhstan and Cyprus draw and Russia beat Scotland.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 09 Sep 2019 at 9:49pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 9:56pm
On tomorrow night's three groups, the results we want are as follows:

England v Kosovo - an England win, especially as it both aids their qualification and harms Kosovo's
Montenegro v Czech Republic - Czech Republic win - this is the most important game tomorrow night for us, as the Czechs are far from certain qualifiers at the minute

Lithuania v Portugal - a Portugal win but that should hopefully be a given anyway
Luxembourg v Serbia - asking a lot for Serbia to drop points here

In the France, Turkey and Iceland group, it doesn't really matter, as all are ranked above us. It is probably best if Iceland beat Albania just to keep them out of contention.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 10:01pm
The Scotland post match is grim..

"we're really poor but we hav'ny hit bottom yet...we're close ,but not quite"

GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 10:08pm
Just to clarify, if we finish 3rd in our group, we want the following teams to qualify from their groups:

Group A - England & Czech Rep
Group B - Portugal & Ukraine
Group C - Germany & Holland
Group D - Switz & Denmark
Group E - 2 from Croatia/Wales/Slovakia
Group F - Spain & Sweden
Group G - Poland & Austria
Group H - 2 from France/Iceland/Turkey
Group I - Belgium & Russia
Group J - Italy & Bosnia

Is that right?
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Paul Andrew White Paul Andrew White wrote:

Shame on you Scotland!! I think the only one who can bring them back again is king Kenny Dalglish

How would Dalglish do things differently ?

Steve Clarke took up a huge challenge with things already wrecked before he even signed his contract. I'm fully behind Clarke and will give him time. I am reminded of the atrocious start Michael O'Neil made as the IFA team manager but how it very gradually began to get better for them.

I am expect another doing when we go to Moscow next month, so he must start to rebuild slowly but surely with a home win against San Marino, an away win against Cyprus and a home win against Kazakhstan.

Anyone who was expecting him to work miracles against a top team such as Belgium clearly can't tell the difference between a Football Manager 2020 or FIFA 20 game and harsh reality.

I do have some hope that players such as Billy Gilmour, David Turnbull and Fraser Hornby may progressively improve things.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 10:15pm
I still feel that Scotland do have a significant number of better players, at an individual level than we do. But it does show that having PL players at decent clubs, and lots of European football is perhaps a little over-rated.
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I still feel that Scotland do have a significant number of better players, at an individual level than we do. But it does show that having PL players at decent clubs, and lots of European football is perhaps a little over-rated.

That's not really new though.

Take Brian McClair, Graeme Sharp, Alan Hansen & Paul Sturrock from yesteryear. Really good club level players. Incapable of doing anything at international level for some reason, and they had some good international teammates too ! 

Darren Fletcher sometimes really struggled at international level. 

And yet in the past I've witnessed supposedly bang average club players like Paul Hartley, Gary Caldwell, Kenny Miller, Graham Alexander, Lee McCulloch, David Weir and Gary Naysmith play brilliantly against teams like France and Italy.

Edited by ErsatzThistle - 09 Sep 2019 at 10:29pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

That's not really new though.

Take Brian McClair, Graeme Sharp, Alan Hansen & Paul Sturrock from yesteryear. Really good club level players. Incapable of doing anything at international level for some reason, and they had some good international teammates too ! 

Darren Fletcher sometimes really struggled at international level. 

And yet in the past I've witnessed supposedly bang average club players like Paul Hartley, Gary Caldwell, Kenny Miller, Graham Alexander, Lee McCulloch, David Weir and Gary Naysmith play brilliantly against teams like France and Italy.

Agree that it’s not a new phenomenon. However, I think a lot of Irish fans see us having only one player in Europe this term, and see that as a representation of the quality.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 10:35pm
I think the scots should have kept strachan. Did a decent job. Defo have some decent players on paper anyway. Really made a balls of this group tho. Belguim aside they should be challenging for 2nd spot. 

Edited by doherty - 09 Sep 2019 at 10:36pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 10:40pm
You aren’t going to do much with Charlie Mulgrew still starting 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 19>
  Share Topic