EURO 2020 qualifiers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 9:44pm
It would also mean they'd lose the right to host their bit of it. Messy! 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sponsored Links

cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 9:42pm
What could the ramifications be if Russia actually gets excluded from the tournament? Would it go to the highest ranked team that hasn't qualified, highest ranked host, Scotland, or a team of Russians playing under a name that isn't Russia like the past Olympics? 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 5:19am
I'd say every Irish fan thought the same about him after the Euro 2016 qualifiers LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I here ya

Tons of effort and always gets under the oppositions skin. Sometimes that can actually help. In the past, Naismith's moaning **** persona and arguing over almost every rough challenge has led to us getting free kicks that led to goals or else got other players booked or sent off. In a team with such limited ability, you need players like that.

I bet you guys would have loved him if he was Irish ! 

Wales actually tried to get him once. He has a Welsh born grandparent. When he was about eighteen or nineteen, they named him in their U21 squad but he wasn't interested.

Edited by ErsatzThistle - 20 Nov 2019 at 1:12am
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Kazakhstan 1-0 up against Scotland LOL

..... And Scotland 3-1 up against Kazakhstan at the final whistle Thumbs Up

It wasn't pretty by any means but it's a win and that's all that matters. 

John McGinn has been brilliant since Clarke moved him further up the park to play as an attacking midfielder rather than his previous role as a defensive midfielder which he was poor at. That's seven goals in four consecutive games he's scored now. 

It was also nice to see Steven Naismith get a well deserved goal. Even at thirty three he is still one of the most enthusiastic, hard working Scotland players from recent years, I'm sure Ireland will have had a number of similar players. 

Another thing about Naismith is that he never fails to be a deeply irritating, petulant little bastard towards the opposition LOL Yet off the park he's a lovely guy who puts in a lot of time with charity work.

I here ya
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

..... And Scotland 3-1 up against Kazakhstan at the final whistle Thumbs Up

It wasn't pretty by any means but it's a win and that's all that matters. 

John McGinn has been brilliant since Clarke moved him further up the park to play as an attacking midfielder rather than his previous role as a defensive midfielder which he was poor at. That's seven goals in four consecutive games he's scored now. 

It was also nice to see Steven Naismith get a well deserved goal. Even at thirty three he is still one of the most enthusiastic, hard working Scotland players from recent years, I'm sure Ireland will have had a number of similar players. 

Another thing about Naismith is that he never fails to be a deeply irritating, petulant little bastard towards the opposition LOL Yet off the park he's a lovely guy who puts in a lot of time with charity work.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 8:28pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 10:40pm
big fan of the welsh now 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Here's an idea, wait until the finalists are all confirmed before doing the draw.

Where'd be the fun in that
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 10:56am
Here's an idea, wait until the finalists are all confirmed before doing the draw.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 10:55am
Reading through the possible way the draw and seeds are going to be, They've really made it confusing as hell this time LOL

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Colum Colum wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

When are the play offs

Are they doing the euros draw before them?

Playoffs are played next March.
Playoff draw is made next Friday 22nd Nov at 11am, draw held in Switzerland.

Draw for actual finals for 20 teams already qualified is on Saturday 30th Nov at 5pm, draw held in Romania.
There will be 4 empty spots in this draw, to be completed by the 4 playoff winners next March.

A further draw may be required on (yes you’ve guessed it) April Fools Day 2020 if there are groups that cannot be finalised at the time of the final tournament draw

I'm puzzled about this second draw. What would be a scenario that a group couldn't be decided in the November draw? 

For example just say we qualified tonight and ourselves and Spain were drawn into a group with Finland , could the last slot not be decided if a winner Of Path A, B,C or D happens to be drawn in it?

Or is it a case that they leave 4 groups that have a Playoff Winner assigned to it and then the March draw is an open draw where any of the playoff winners can be drawn into any of the 4 groups? 

I assume it's the latter. 

They've probably factored in the possibility of Russia/Ukraine or Serbia/Kosovo being paired. The former can be dealt with in the main draw next week as both have automatically qualified but the Serbia/Kosovo option is still on the cards but won't be certain until after the playoffs. 

Ah right. Good post Thumbs Up
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 10:51am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

When are the play offs

Draw for actual finals for 20 teams already qualified is on Saturday 30th Nov at 5pm, draw held in Romania.
There will be 4 empty spots in this draw, to be completed by the 4 playoff winners next March.

A further draw may be required on (yes you’ve guessed it) April Fools Day 2020 if there are groups that cannot be finalised at the time of the final tournament draw

I'm puzzled about this second draw. What would be a scenario that a group couldn't be decided in the November draw? 

For example just say we qualified tonight and ourselves and Spain were drawn into a group with Finland , could the last slot not be decided if a winner Of Path A, B,C or D happens to be drawn in it?

Or is it a case that they leave 4 groups that have a Playoff Winner assigned to it and then the March draw is an open draw where any of the playoff winners can be drawn into any of the 4 groups? 

They've probably factored in the possibility of Russia/Ukraine or Serbia/Kosovo being paired. The former can be dealt with in the main draw next week as both have automatically qualified but the Serbia/Kosovo option is still on the cards but won't be certain until after the playoffs. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 10:38am

When are the play offs

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 10:36pm
I know we have only played 7 games, some teams have played 8,9,10......but we’ve only conceded 4 goals.
Only Belgium (2) and Turkey/Italy/Poland (3) have conceded less.
Ukraine have also conceded 4.

On the other hand, we have scored only 6 goals.
40 countries have scored more than 6.
13 have scored less than 6.
Bulgaria have also scored 6.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 10:16pm

When are the play offs

Pubes View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 9:22pm
I've just started to try and get my head around them..
Cant wait to see this draw next week with 4 teams still to qualify..

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 9:18pm
When are the play offs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
  Share Topic