Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mr Grealish knocked over

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 10:27am
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

A YBIGGER wouldn't miss ! Ps I don't mean that for real. 
Some people take the game way too seriously. As Shankley said " Football is not a matter of life or death, it's much more important then that".

And it was the biggest load of bollocks that ever came out of Shank's mouth.

Absolutely scumbucket behavior, fair play to Grealish how he dusted himself down, didn't roll around like a tool, got up and got on with getting the winner, he's gone up hugely in my estimation.

It's lucky too for the bastard that attacked him that the steward got there before Glen Whelan who looked he wanted to burst him. LOL
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 10:42am
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 10:48am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Some people take the game way too seriously. As Shankley said " Football is not a matter of life or death, it's much more important then that".

Absolutely scumbucket behavior, fair play to Grealish how he dusted himself down, didn't roll around like a tool, got up and got on with getting the winner, he's gone up hugely in my estimation.

It's lucky too for the bastard that attacked him that the steward got there before Glen Whelan who looked he wanted to burst him. LOL

Whelan and Tammy Abraham looked like they both wanted to kill him
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 11:14am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

What is needed is a moat around the pitch, though it may lead to more incidents like this

Newcastle were well ahead of the curve on this when they allowed Raoul Moat's ashes to be sprinkled around the St. James's Park pitch. 

Moaty is still missed. I hope he's up there now on that riverbank in the sky, fishing and eating his chicken and beans for lunch, washed down with a can of lager.

Gazza's here, Moaty, Gazza's here. 
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 11:46am
Originally posted by mandrake mandrake wrote:

on motd2 last night shearer wants st andrews closed down...

You'd swear there had been a terrorist attack with multiple fatalities the way Shearer was going on last night.
George Zip View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Zip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by mandrake mandrake wrote:

on motd2 last night shearer wants st andrews closed down...

You'd swear there had been a terrorist attack with multiple fatalities the way Shearer was going on last night.

Yeah, you would swear the pitch invader kicked Grealish in the head, or something like that.
"Tell them to get out there and give it all they got and win just one for the Zipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Doc," he said, "but I won't smell too good, that's for sure."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

The quote was tongue-in-cheek, Proud seemed to grasp the intent with which it was delivered. It was the greatest quote every made on football because it grasped both its importance and complete lack of importance at the same time. It is mad how often it is taken out of context.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 1:54pm
Bielsa asked about the Greealish attack in his presser today. What a man...

The person who does the thing we saw yesterday expresses a series of frustrations which are not necessarily linked to football. Because the more satisfied you are with your personal life, the less you need to do this kind of act.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Bielsa asked about the Greealish attack in his presser today. What a man...

The person who does the thing we saw yesterday expresses a series of frustrations which are not necessarily linked to football. Because the more satisfied you are with your personal life, the less you need to do this kind of act.
Spot on. You got to love El Loco!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 1:58pm
You have to laugh at this standard line when something like this happens - "they aren't a real football/Birmingham City fan"

How do you know? He maybe has a season ticket and has had one for years.

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

What is needed is a moat around the pitch, though it may lead to more incidents like this

I like this idea. Put obstacles above the moat they must traverse as well. Could be like an episode of Takeshi's Castle where the winner gets to dig a footballer of choice in the back of the head. 
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 2:13pm
Although I wouldn't say it myself I get the "Not a real football fan" comments. He's a man who clearly does not care about being detrimental to the sport as a whole, and could have single-handedly sent the game back years if the cages and other things suggested are brought back to grounds. Case could be made that he's certainly not a "real" football fan if he has caused such a negative impact on the game, and created a negative stereotype of "real" football fans from what he's done.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 2:20pm
Jack Collison says we need armed police in grounds
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Although I wouldn't say it myself I get the "Not a real football fan" comments. He's a man who clearly does not care about being detrimental to the sport as a whole, and could have single-handedly sent the game back years if the cages and other things suggested are brought back to grounds. Case could be made that he's certainly not a "real" football fan if he has caused such a negative impact on the game, and created a negative stereotype of "real" football fans from what he's done.
Because he obviously wasn’t thinking about the consequences or caring about the image it gives to his club. You could even argue he cared too much, enough not to stop and think that his intense hatred for Villa could destroy his life.
In reality, it wasn’t that either. He obviously has other problems in life, as Bielsa said.
This idea that fans who do things that other fans don’t condone, can’t be ‘real’ fans is a nonsense. It is like there is some sort of rule book for being a fan. Is he not a real ‘man’ either? Because I am sure a ‘real’ man wouldn’t attack someone blindsided and throw a punch? Or not a real (insert job title here) because this gives his profession a bad name? Or is he a real Brummie even? Bringing his city/area/village into disrepute!
 When you pay your money and you emotionally invest in a team, you’re a fan. In this instance, it just so happens that the fan happens to have been a f**king idiot.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Jack Collison says we need armed police in grounds
Given the police murdered 96 people at a football ground, I would feel safer with none at all there.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 2:29pm
They should ban those ridiculous looking peaky blinder style caps, at least that would be one positive to come from this whole episode.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

They should ban those ridiculous looking peaky blinder style caps, at least that would be one positive to come from this whole episode.
Clap
I don’t know why lads wear them, they may as well put on a neon sign that says “I like illegal drugs”. 
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 3:15pm
Not a real fan argument doesn't stand up.  Plenty of "real" fans like causing trouble, they go most/every week and act the maggot and want to fight.

I was in Birmingham a year ago, Birmingham v Villa was on the day I was leaving so we went down the Irish Club in Digbeth to watch it before going to the airport.  It was full of Blues, not one Villa fan and I can honestly say, the vast majority of them were absolute headbangers.  I wasn't surprised Grealish got attacked, the mob in the Irish club that day were nuts, atmosphere in the place was insane.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic