You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nottingham Forest under Martin O-Nil / Fallout Boy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nottingham Forest under Martin O-Nil / Fallout Boy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 5:03pm
  1. Default Re: It's Martin !

Don't think I could accept MO'N being manager next season.

Can't accept what he's putting together. Can't only try and win games in the final 20 minutes.

It's turgid, ugly, 1990's football that if it produces results people will tolerate it. But it's not producing results.

2. Today, 16:59 #2814

Default Re: It's Martin !

Said at the time it was the wrong choice from the board, PR stunt gone wrong. It isn't getting better despite being told it would. If he stays next season I don't want to think how much damage he'll do to this team.

3. Today, 16:59 #2815

Default Re: It's Martin !

Terrible football every match under MON to be honest. Never once looked like the better side
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 5:03pm
Rotherham are the "Moldova" of that league. Tough game.

It's their first league win against Forest since 1956. I think it was during Brian Clough's playing days. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 5:08pm

Default Re: Matchday 40: Rotherham United Vs Nottingham Forest

Quote Originally Posted by FrustratedRed View Post
f**king garbage.
I`ll say what most of you are scared to say.
Sack the twat before we start next season.
Absolutely confused football
No I have said call for his head already

Please I really don’t want him here next season please for God’s sake

Quote Originally Posted by CommonTree View Post
Would presumably be quite expensive to pay off yet another management team. How much is Roy on the same page as MON? Would it help if MON stepped down and let Roy take over?
No they can both get f**ked.

Martin O’Neill please leave.

Quote Originally Posted by FrustratedRed View Post
f**king garbage.
Still losing games and now producing some of the worst football I've watched in over 40 years supporting the club, and I've seen some crap!! Bye bye Martin, loved you as a player but f**k your a sh*t manager these days!

Walking back to the car and what can you say. Poor poor football against a poor side so what does that say about us? We can’t pass the ball hopeless anti football hoofs dreadful just dreadful.

Well. Thank god for that, lets not pretend we are anywhere near a fluent team..totally inconsistent, and we are a very poor away from home, and simply lucky at home.
For MON, what can you say..I don't want the owner to give him any money whatsoever, he's not worth the risk, and importantly the type of football witnessed has been simply disgraceful at times
Do we want a new manager? is it worth it?
At least it's not a relegation fight! LOL

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Rotherham are the "Moldova" of that league. Tough game.

It's their first league win against Forest since 1956. I think it was during Brian Clough's playing days. 
Clough's debut season (I think) at his hometown club. He never played for Forest though, or had any connection to the club or city prior to 1975.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 5:19pm
Just goes to show how sh*t the Scottish League is.  MON was considered a genius based on a few good seasons up there.  He has always been totally overhyped and a false myth built around him hence why I was against his appointment.  In fact I'd say he is almost a spoofer.  Talks articulately and tips his glasses and looks like he's smart but is just a dinosaur with no idea about tactics or how to play football.

Fair enough we beat Italy at Euro 2016 but it was a Hail Mary effort of changing the team up and had the luck of playing Italy B with nothing to play for.  He kept throwing sh*t at the wall hoping something would stick.

All the bullsh*t about 'we dont have the players to even attempt to roll a ball 10 yds along the ground to one another' was trotted out to protect his 'messiah' image amongst celtic die hards and IRA sympathisers.  He had an inordinate amount of luck that kept him going way longer than he should have in the EIRE hotseat.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Just goes to show how sh*t the Scottish League is.  MON was considered a genius based on a few good seasons up there.  He has always been totally overhyped and a false myth built around him hence why I was against his appointment.  In fact I'd say he is almost a spoofer.  Talks articulately and tips his glasses and looks like he's smart but is just a dinosaur with no idea about tactics or how to play football.

Fair enough we beat Italy at Euro 2016 but it was a Hail Mary effort of changing the team up and had the luck of playing Italy B with nothing to play for.  He kept throwing sh*t at the wall hoping something would stick.

All the bullsh*t about 'we dont have the players to even attempt to roll a ball 10 yds along the ground to one another' was trotted out to protect his 'messiah' image amongst celtic die hards and IRA sympathisers.  He had an inordinate amount of luck that kept him going way longer than he should have in the EIRE hotseat.

You don't half talk some bollocks! As I have said to you before, you undermine your own arguments by taking them to illogical lengths. "False myth"! What's a true myth? MON being passed his sell by date goes to show nothing but that.

MON was considered a good manager because he took Leicester up and established them as an upper mid-table EPL side. Leicester have won 4 major domestic trophies, MON was in charge for two of them. He then went to a Celtic side that had finished 21 points behind Rangers the previous season and finished 15 points ahead of them. On its own that would be considered impressive, the fact it was proved that Rangers were cheating with EBTs, to the point where Stefan Klos was earning he same at Rangers as David Beckham was at Madrid, gives you an idea of the achievement. 
Now, I am not sure that makes him a footballing genius, even with Seville thrown in, but he does mean he was a very good manager at the time. I think it is unquestionable that his ideas on the game have become outdated, he isn't the only manager that has happened to, but it is silly to rewrite the past based solely on the present.

As for his time with Ireland, it was certainly a mixed bag. I think everyone of us could see he should have gone after the Denmark debacle and there was a lot of evidence to suggest that his ideas were outdated during the Euro '16 campaign. He did get a lot of luck, but he still probably overachieved with the players we had available. 

I can understand why people don't like him, he is a bristly character and his attitude towards the press, TOD in particular, was often unnecessary. There is even more reasons not to like Keane, in fact I think MON's biggest mistake was appointing Keane. There is absolutely no doubt that MON was a better manager with John Robertson beside him. I think Robertson nullified the most arrogant edges of his personality too. 
As much as I admired Keane as a player and enjoy his sense of humour that seems to fly over a lot of people's heads, particularly in England, he shouldn't be allowed manage or coach players. At this stage his reputation alone is toxic enough, even if he doesn't actually do anything wrong, which he usually seems to. 

There are loads of sticks you can beat both of them with, which is why I find it so odd that you pick the most ineffective ones to try and  beat him with.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

You don't half talk some bollocks! As I have said to you before, you undermine your own arguments by taking them to illogical lengths. "False myth"! What's a true myth? MON being passed his sell by date goes to show nothing but that.

MON was considered a good manager because he took Leicester up and established them as an upper mid-table EPL side. Leicester have won 4 major domestic trophies, MON was in charge for two of them. He then went to a Celtic side that had finished 21 points behind Rangers the previous season and finished 15 points ahead of them. On its own that would be considered impressive, the fact it was proved that Rangers were cheating with EBTs, to the point where Stefan Klos was earning he same at Rangers as David Beckham was at Madrid, gives you an idea of the achievement. 
Now, I am not sure that makes him a footballing genius, even with Seville thrown in, but he does mean he was a very good manager at the time. I think it is unquestionable that his ideas on the game have become outdated, he isn't the only manager that has happened to, but it is silly to rewrite the past based solely on the present.

As for his time with Ireland, it was certainly a mixed bag. I think everyone of us could see he should have gone after the Denmark debacle and there was a lot of evidence to suggest that his ideas were outdated during the Euro '16 campaign. He did get a lot of luck, but he still probably overachieved with the players we had available. 

I can understand why people don't like him, he is a bristly character and his attitude towards the press, TOD in particular, was often unnecessary. There is even more reasons not to like Keane, in fact I think MON's biggest mistake was appointing Keane. There is absolutely no doubt that MON was a better manager with John Robertson beside him. I think Robertson nullified the most arrogant edges of his personality too. 
As much as I admired Keane as a player and enjoy his sense of humour that seems to fly over a lot of people's heads, particularly in England, he shouldn't be allowed manage or coach players. At this stage his reputation alone is toxic enough, even if he doesn't actually do anything wrong, which he usually seems to. 

There are loads of sticks you can beat both of them with, which is why I find it so odd that you pick the most ineffective ones to try and  beat him with.

It's not bollocks at all.  Firstly John Barnes was the manager the previous season who wasa  total novice and never managed before or after.  He did however sign Petrov who MON didn't sign but a lot of people assume he did.  Neither did he sign Larsson who was the most influential player in that period.  Wim Jansen broke Rangers dominance.  Barnes hadn't a clue.  MON was subsequently bankrolled by an unprecedented amount upon his arrival.  And for Scotland that was huge. Celtic were already ready to break Rangers.  They just needed any sort of manager who had some sort of competency.
Like I keep repeating if his time there was so special it wouldn't have been repeated by Lennon and Strachan who lets be fair are mediocre managers.  If MON was such a good manager at the time those achievements would not have been repeated in his lifetime.
As for his time at Leicester.  2 league cups. Can you tell me why that is anything to be in awe of?  How many other jokers won the league cup in that era?  Spurs won it when they were sh*te, villa won it twice.  Brian Little was the messiah who achieved that feat.  What about Sheffield Wednesday, or Spurs who were useless back then.  Souness won it with Blackburn in that era also.  None of them I assume you hold in the same regard as MON.
As for undermining your own arguments, you are anti-racist, anti discrimination, and promote PC culture.  Yet you support Celtic who are involved in sectarianism and whose fans sing IRA songs, who the club owners allowed the Wolfe Tones sing IRA songs on their pitch for their official video at a time the IRA were killing innocent civilians nothing to do with the struggle.  You hate Australians and South Africans.  What's the story with that sort of inconsistency?

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 7:14pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

It's not bollocks at all.  Firstly John Barnes was the manager the previous season who wasa  total novice and never managed before or after.  He did however sign Petrov who MON didn't sign but a lot of people assume he did.  Neither did he sign Larsson who was the most influential player in that period.  Wim Jansen broke Rangers dominance.  Barnes hadn't a clue.  MON was subsequently bankrolled by an unprecedented amount upon his arrival.  And for Scotland that was huge. Celtic were already ready to break Rangers.  They just needed any sort of manager who had some sort of competency.
Like I keep repeating if his time there was so special it wouldn't have been repeated by Lennon and Strachan who lets be fair are mediocre managers.  If MON was such a good manager at the time those achievements would not have been repeated in his lifetime.
As for his time at Leicester.  2 league cups. Can you tell me why that is anything to be in awe of?  How many other jokers won the league cup in that era?  Spurs won it when they were sh*te, villa won it twice.  Brian Little was the messiah who achieved that feat.  What about Sheffield Wednesday, or Spurs who were useless back then.  Souness won it with Blackburn in that era also.  None of them I assume you hold in the same regard as MON.
As for undermining your own arguments, you are anti-racist, anti discrimination, and promote PC culture.  Yet you support Celtic who are involved in sectarianism and whose fans sing IRA songs, who the club owners allowed the Wolfe Tones sing IRA songs on their pitch for their official video at a time the IRA were killing innocent civilians nothing to do with the struggle.  You hate Australians and South Africans.  What's the story with that sort of inconsistency?
LOLLOLLOL
That's brilliant.

Strachan was a very good manager, actually.He is another one whose ideas became outdated. The reason MON's achievements are considered better is because of the financial cheating that Rangers were involved in was at its highest during his time at Celtic. Rangers were on their way down during Lennon's period, they were financially f**ked.
I never said it was anything to be in awe of, I merely said it showed that the 2 league cups, along with taking them from the second tier to being a good top division side showed he did a very good job there. I think it is pretty much universally accepted, except by you, that he did a good job at both Leicester and Celtic.

As for your bizarre and unrelated rant at me, well there aren't enough smiley faces that can be shown. 
I don't promote "PC culture", I don't even know what it is. I can be considered  anti-racist and anti-discrimination,in a way, but I fail to see how supporting Celtic is contradictory to that. I think you don't see that either, but I touched a nerve about your hatred for MON, which I have to say is a little irrational and unsettling.
I have also never claimed to be a pacifist. I believe in armed insurrection and revolution. I may be drifting more and more towards pacifism as I get older, but an oxymoron I hold dear is that true peace has to be fought for. I don't think that the peace that is being enjoyed in Ireland today could have been achieved without the IRA. I think an awful lot of their individual actions were unnecessary, but bad decisions are regularly made in any war. I do understand the counterarguments and why people are sensitive about it, but I  would say that the British, and to a lesser extent Irish, governments have to take a lot of responsibility for that.
Again, I fail to see what that has to do with me thinking you repeatedly  pick the wrong arguments when debating MON.

The hatred of South Africans is a new one, especially as the girl I live with and am in love with is proud of her SAfrikaner heritage, even though parts of that heritage cause her embarrassment. That's a true contradiction, like most people have.

As for my dislike of Australians, I hold my hands up.It is probably a  contradiction. I have loads,like most humans.  Anyway, if hating a nation for its refusal to address its racism, one that manifests itself so regularly in its citizens, makes me racist I don't really care. Which is why I clarified above that I am anti-racist 'in a way'. What I actually am in favour of is human advancement and progression, genuine societal change and improvement. Australia seems to be seriously struggling with that. 
That and I have met loads of them and struggled with them all, but then I dislike lots of people.
Again,I fail to see the connection between this and me saying some of your dislike of MON is irrational and you pick the wrong arguments.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 7:56pm
Just derailing the thread from MON's inadequacies but you have always been pro PC culture on here and said that political correctness is a good thing.  But you are politically incorrect when its suits you.  If you believe in armed struggles and revolution what is your views on Jihadism?  I'm sure they feel their cause is just. That the west bombed their kids and exploited their countries.  I'm not sure where you can draw a line and say this is a just war, but this isn't.  

I thought you hated white South Africans. I don't see why you don't considering they are as racist as you get and are at least on a par with Australians. Why one and not the other?  Slightly contradictory.

As for human advancement that you are in favour of:  Why do you like football considering a lot of fans are racist, bigoted, narrow minded ultra nationalists especially the fans in the country that you live? They wouldn't exactly be Charles Darwen's choice for natural selection and advance the species from.   For a man in favour of inteleectulism, societal improvement and progression to like football could be likened to a black man saying he hates racism and the KKK but loves to turn up to see the burning crosses.

As for MON I never said he did a bad job at Celtic or even Leicester.  I merely pointed out that any manager with any bit of competency could have achieved similar things up there with the squad he had inherited and was allowed to add to with millions from the owners that was unavailable to his predecessors until Jansen. Had Jansen stayed he could have achieved as much or more.

His time with Leicester was good but again nothing out of the ordinary.  Nothing that would make him stand out against say Gareth Southgate, Brian Little, Souness et al.   Little and Souness got Leicester and Blackburn promoted and subsequently won a league cup.   I'm just pointing out nobody in these islands lauded these managers as messiahs like MON was lauded.  Souness won everything in Scotland.  I disliked he was put on a pedestal by many (usually Celtic fans) as some great manager.  He was no more than a middle of the road manager who played ugly bully type football.  It was disguised at Celtic because they were playing absolute useless competition week in week out..  It was like the Harlem Globetrotters playing Knocknagoshel Harriers.

I was dead against his appointment and took flak on here for saying how crap a job he was doing and for ages people were saying it was the players.  He is destroying Nottingham Forest since he took over.  The posts on their forum have turned from ultra welcoming and positive at his arrival to outrage in what 2 months or so?  All the stuff I was saying they are now saying.  The wins were undeserved flukes where they were outplayed and had luck on their side and the outrage of his team selections and football are there even when they win.  If you read their forum now they pretty much all want him out.  They can't put up with watching Wimbledon 1987 week in week out even winning which they are not most weeks. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 8:02pm

Just derailing the thread from MON's inadequacies but you have always been pro PC culture on here and said that political correctness is a good thing.  But you are politically incorrect when its suits you.  If you believe in armed struggles and revolution what is your views on Jihadism?  I'm sure they feel their cause is just. That the west bombed their kids and exploited their countries.  I'm not sure where you can draw a line and say this is a just war, but this isn't.  

I thought you hated white South Africans. I don't see why you don't considering they are as racist as you get and are at least on a par with Australians. Why one and not the other?  Slightly contradictory.

As for human advancement that you are in favour of:  Why do you like football considering a lot of fans are racist, bigoted, narrow minded ultra nationalists especially the fans in the country that you live? They wouldn't exactly be Charles Darwen's choice for natural selection and advance the species from.   For a man in favour of inteleectulism, societal improvement and progression to like football could be likened to a black man saying he hates racism and the KKK but loves to turn up to see the burning crosses.

As for MON I never said he did a bad job at Celtic or even Leicester.  I merely pointed out that any manager with any bit of competency could have achieved similar things up there with the squad he had inherited and was allowed to add to with millions from the owners that was unavailable to his predecessors until Jansen. Had Jansen stayed he could have achieved as much or more.

His time with Leicester was good but again nothing out of the ordinary.  Nothing that would make him stand out against say Gareth Southgate, Brian Little, Souness et al.   Little and Souness got Leicester and Blackburn promoted and subsequently won a league cup.   I'm just pointing out nobody in these islands lauded these managers as messiahs like MON was lauded.  Souness won everything in Scotland.  I disliked he was put on a pedestal by many (usually Celtic fans) as some great manager.  He was no more than a middle of the road manager who played ugly bully type football.  It was disguised at Celtic because they were playing absolute useless competition week in week out..  It was like the Harlem Globetrotters playing Knocknagoshel Harriers.

I was dead against his appointment and took flak on here for saying how crap a job he was doing and for ages people were saying it was the players.  He is destroying Nottingham Forest since he took over.  The posts on their forum have turned from ultra welcoming and positive at his arrival to outrage in what 2 months or so?  All the stuff I was saying they are now saying.  The wins were undeserved flukes where they were outplayed and had luck on their side and the outrage of his team selections and football are there even when they win.  If you read their forum now they pretty much all want him out.  They can't put up with watching Wimbledon 1987 week in week out even winning which they are not most weeks. 

Go and have a glass of water and a run around in the backyard. Also, see a psychiatrist, I can recommend a couple! LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 8:08pm
Well I am going for a game of snooker soon and a few pints.  MON can't play snooker as he hits the cue ball into the air.  Its supposed to be rolled around the playing surface.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 8:12pm

Well I am going for a game of snooker soon and a few pints.  MON can't play snooker as he hits the cue ball into the air.  Its supposed to be rolled around the playing surface.
Stick to the minerals, for the love of superman! If you are that addled before the pints it can't end well.
LOL
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 3:14pm
TJ rewriting history LOLLOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

TJ rewriting history LOLLOL

I'm a historian.  For you see I've always had a special interest in dinosaursClap

Related image

Edited by Trap junior - 07 Apr 2019 at 4:22pm

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 4:34pm
Well this thread went up a notch but not in a good way. There is some amount of craziness on this forum  LOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 6:16pm
i know he always complained about the lack of time w the squad as an international manager compared to club but I think that actually suited MON more given the way the game has evolved. as discussed extensively on here and in the press seems like he didn't really devote much time to detailed tactical planning or anything like that. if anything, to me that would seemingly be more exacerbated at club level. I don't wish him failure he brought us some good moments but by the end the football was so horrible and the atmosphere was toxic he should've been gone earlier. since taking over at forest hes won 5, drawn 3, lost 5
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 9:22pm
MON working his magic again.  3-0 down to Sheffield Wednesday.

MON promised to bring the good old days back to Forest.  The 1880's.

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 9:41pm
LOLLOLLOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic