You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Hurling 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 31>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 5:53pm
Start of the Championship only a week away and this could be a great one and please christ a good one for Waterford
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 2:16pm
Last year's munster championship attendance was up 95%. With limerick the champs I wonder can it go up again?

Cork at home to Tipp should be big and the following week Limerick at home to Cork could be close to a sell out. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Last year's munster championship attendance was up 95%. With limerick the champs I wonder can it go up again?

Cork at home to Tipp should be big and the following week Limerick at home to Cork could be close to a sell out. 
Wasn't there a load more games?LOL
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 2:42pm
Arnt Waterford allowed to play at home this year too?
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

There was LOL
New format last year. 
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Ya, it should lead to a big increase in Waterford season ticket holders.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 8:40pm
Looks like a pretty pathetic Clare crowd is gonna travel Sunday week,we're plagued with injuries and are severely depleted, but still...............
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 5:05am
Originally posted by familyguy familyguy wrote:

Looks like a pretty pathetic Clare crowd is gonna travel Sunday week,we're plagued with injuries and are severely depleted, but still...............

But still, we haven't won a championship game since August 2017. Is it true ye might not take up yer full allocation for it ?

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 5:13am
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Ya, it should lead to a big increase in Waterford season ticket holders.

It didn't- mainly as the status of WP as a championship venue was unconfirmed when ST's went on sale. We have less than 1000 ST holders, and to be quite honest, other than about 3,000, have an absolute sh*te core hurling support anyway. To put that into perspective, seemingly up to 2000 Mayo football fans have made the journey to NYC tomorrow, we couldn't even get that many to go to fcukin Limerick 2 hours down the road last year. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 2:03pm
To answer your question minty we’ll be lucky to take half our allocation from what I’m hearing at home....
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

There was yeah. I wasn't saying the 95% boost was impressive although the munster hurling championship is very well attended.

I'm wondering after it's maiden year can it hold that number or see another increase. 
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 1:03pm
YBIG Championship 2019 Prediction League setup

If you don't have an account at FaceTheBall yet, please sign up at http://www.facetheball.com

Once you logged in, join GAA - 2019 Hurling Championship competition, click Join Mini League and enter code: HJsuNh1a5CjB

Edited by LO SCIENZIATO - 07 May 2019 at 1:03pm
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 12:35pm
Buzzing for Sunday, managed to get a ticket and heading down for the weekend. Not feeling too confident as we have a few injuries, namely Ian Galvin who apparently injured himself running through a bonfire.

Should be a tight game.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Buzzing for Sunday, managed to get a ticket and heading down for the weekend. Not feeling too confident as we have a few injuries, namely Ian Galvin who apparently injured himself running through a bonfire.

Should be a tight game.

are you going to wear your half and half clare/limerick jersey Confused
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

YBIG Championship 2019 Prediction League setup

If you don't have an account at FaceTheBall yet, please sign up at http://www.facetheball.com

Once you logged in, join GAA - 2019 Hurling Championship competition, click Join Mini League and enter code: HJsuNh1a5CjB

DON'T FORGET FOLKS. SIGN UP ASAP! 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 12:40pm
Never supported Limerick GAA in my life Confused live 10 mins from the markets field which is why I have always followed Limerick FC 
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 12:42pm
Very little Tipp representation in this threadSmile 
GAA do a horrible job of marketing what is a fantastic competition. You would barely know the championship is back. Heading to Cork on Sunday, anything less than a win for Tipp and the media will be on Sheedy's back I'd say, Tipp fans are a bit like English Football fans.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 12:51pm
Agreed, seems to be no buzz around at all for it, Most clubs in Clare haven't sold their very limited allocation for the Waterford game.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 31>
  Share Topic