You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Hurling 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 31>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 6:40am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

League semi final weekend

Limerick vs Dublin- Limerick who had last weekend off are supposably near full strenght and so far this season have been very impressive and are out too make a statement. Last weekends win against Tipp will do Dublin wonders who have found there feet under Mattie Kenny and have great potential. Think Dublin will do it again and win by 2/3 points 

Waterford vs Galway- A repeat of 2 weeks ago when Waterford came out winners after a last min goal. Both were very impressive in the QFs and both will have learnt a lot from the previous meeting. As a Waterford fan im very happy with the way were playing atm and the more games we get the better and hoping a big crowd travels up Sunday for the game. Galway are starting too find there feet and will have a big say this year. Galway by 1 in a close game

I imagine the final will be played next Sunday 31st March before or after the Div 1 Football final. Thurles prob the most likely venue 

Waterford Limerick final it is!

Well done Healy LOL
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 1:35pm
yeah my predictions were stop on at usual LOL

anyway NHL Division 1 final Croke Park Sun 31st March Limerick vs Waterford. Limerick didnt play partcually well vs Dublin but still got over the line and deff have more in them. As a Waterford fan i dont knw how we won the semi final but ill take it. 

Looking forward too sunday not is it only a game in Croke Park this early but a game against the current AI champions. Limerick could easily run away with it too cause Waterford have been playing 3 weekends in a row with Limerick having a break 2 weeks ago. Few good battles await Barron vs Cian Lynch, Peter Casey vs Callam Lyons (if he plays FB again) etc

Limerick by 5pts but a Waterford win would be nice
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

yeah my predictions were stop on at usual LOL

anyway NHL Division 1 final Croke Park Sun 31st March Limerick vs Waterford. Limerick didnt play partcually well vs Dublin but still got over the line and deff have more in them. As a Waterford fan i dont knw how we won the semi final but ill take it. 

Looking forward too sunday not is it only a game in Croke Park this early but a game against the current AI champions. Limerick could easily run away with it too cause Waterford have been playing 3 weekends in a row with Limerick having a break 2 weeks ago. Few good battles await Barron vs Cian Lynch, Peter Casey vs Callam Lyons (if he plays FB again) etc

Limerick by 5pts but a Waterford win would be nice

you heard it here first folks, back Waterford by the handicap on Sunday 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 2:47pm
First time limerick in the final since 2006 and they haven't won it since 1997. They've won it 9 times in total. 

Waterford last in the final in 2016 and were champions in 2015. They've only won the league 3 times. 

A win on Sunday will mean a lot to either county. 

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 3:18pm
It will & it won't eireland, don't get me wrong- we have very few national titles & won't be turning up our noses at winning another one- while Limerick will likely see it as an opportunity to rubberstamp their current standing in the game. Having said that, we would take 3rd in Munster ahead of it (Limerick probably not, as they would likely be looking a bit higher). That's not really a reflection on the National League, its just the way the new structures have played out & the difficulty of getting out of Munster. 

Whatever the result, we're happy with the league- blooded a fair few new lads, particularly in defence, and after last years poor performances, got back to a level of consistency by beating decent Clare & Galway teams & engaging in a close game with Dublin, who I think will get out of Leinster this year & make the last 6. It's not a reliable indicator that things will all go well in championship, but between that & the fat we play 2 home games this year, we're looking like we are at least back in contention. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 8:46pm
Hon Limerick!!!
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 6:48pm
hup
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 1:30am
Delighted for Limerick. First league title since 97. Funny though there's no guarantee they'll get out of Munster. 
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 9:48am
Delighted to get the second trophy. 

We need to get the full back line sorted though. 

Mike Casey came in at half time for Condon who got scalded a few times in the first half. Sean Finn is definitely better in the corner. 

We've seven weeks til our first game in Munster so hopefully Casey is back fully fit to take #3 jersey by then. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 10:18am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 10:42am
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 11:57pm
Taught a lesson by Limerick yesterday, but might not be any great harm in the long run. If there was any doubt before, we now know how far away from them we are at the very least, and hopefully the management will have seen the level required to get out of Munster. 

Its the odd part of league finals, had we lost narrowly to Galway in the S/F, most would have felt we had a good league & had a good base to start the championship, lose comprehensively like we did yesterday (Limerick were probably at least another 6 points better than the scoreboard) and the doubts start coming back, particularly on the back of last year's horror show. 

It's still the league, and I'm neither writing us off, or anointing Limerick AI champions just yet, though they are unquestionably the best team around right now. Long way til June though, never mind past that. 

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 8:58am
Think the real worry about yesterday is Limerick showed that you double team Austin Gleeson, and you beat Waterford.

They're gonna have to figure out a way to avoid that happening in 4 games in Munster this year.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 11:56am
2017 Galway won AI from 1B
2018 Limerick from 1B
2019 Waterford??
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 12:20pm
[QUOTE=reddladd]
2018 Limerick from 1B
2019 Waterford??
[/QUOTE I've a feeling for Kilkenny this year

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 02 Apr 2019 at 12:20pm
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

2018 Limerick from 1B
2019 Waterford??
Dublin? 

I actually feel kilkenny might not get out of Leinster this year. Dublin didn't last year but they've improved. Galway without canning could be dodgey but I feel they'll just about do enough.

For me it's between wexford and kilkenny. Based off the league I pick the cats but they've the ballyhale lads back now. Wexford v Kilkenny in the group stage is huge and could well decide who gets through. It would be unique if the top 3 in Leinster were Dublin, Galway and Wexford. Would love a Dublin v Wexford final. 
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 3:32pm
overall decent league campaign for Waterford and was nice too get a game in Croke Park but Limerick were a different level and never looked like losing the game. U could argue Waterfords game plan and tactics didnt work sunday and a lot of players didnt show up but Limerick were awsome and are a serious team

5 weeks til the start of the championship and Munster will be dog eat dog and anyone of the 5 teams can beat each other. Think if Waterford dont get out of Munster this year than it could be damaging for future years. Leinster will also be competive with any of 3 of Dub/Wex/Kil/Gal going through. Dublin have improved a lot and will be out too prove a point. Wexford under Davy can be impressive on there day and hard too beat in Wexford Park, kilkenny are kilkenny. Galway will miss Joe Canning but have a few weeks too prepare without him

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 12:40am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Think the real worry about yesterday is Limerick showed that you double team Austin Gleeson, and you beat Waterford.

They're gonna have to figure out a way to avoid that happening in 4 games in Munster this year.

There's days he does so little (involvement wise) that the opposition would be just wasting the 2nd man by double marking him, one would be more than enough. There's other days 3 men wouldn't be enough to mark him. He's had an odd league though, came into it unfit, played in defence in most games due to injuries elsewhere, and his return to the forwards on Sunday didn't yield much. There's any amount of lads around here (usually the traditionalists) that will claim his best position is as a defender, obviously, they are all entirely mad. Even on a bad day, he's still a player capable of winning us a close game on his own, and very simply, you don't win a game by playing him at half back. 

It was one of the criticisms thrown at McGrath last year that they hadn't found an ideal position for him, but here we are, a year on, and that particular debate still hasn't been concluded. Mind you, there was a similar debate about Joe Canning for nearly his entire career until about 3 years ago, so it isn't new. Though even the most insane of Galway fans never thought about playing him in the backs, which just goes to show the particular type of loons that populate Waterford. 

Generally, that's far too simplistic an analysis though, TDB & Barron are far more important players for us in general play, Limerick stifled them too on Sunday, not every team will manage that. Tactically, we were a bit all over the shop on Sunday too, as several commentators have pointed out. I can't add too much to that only hope they get it sorted in the next few weeks. The way the game is gone, there isn't a single style of play that guarantees anything, John Kiely/Limerick have it right at the moment, it's all about individual & team decision making in the moment- push up on opposition puck outs, drop off them, go long, go short & through the lines when ya have the ball- Limerick can do all of these things in the same game, that mastery of several styles is probably what it will take to win the AI, for any team. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 31>
  Share Topic