You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Hurling 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 31>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 10:45pm
Kevin Martin sacked from Offaly. Don't think he is the cause of their issues, has all the hallmarks of a county board being seen to be doing something while doing fcuk all about the issues that led them to this point in the first place. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Originally posted by familyguy familyguy wrote:

Waterford season is over particularly with the significantly inferior scoring difference, they really seem to have regressed at an alarming rate,dunno how the f**k we’ll contain the Tipperary forwards bar shortening the pitch by bout 50 bloody yards Confused

i think ye will beat Tipp. there nothing special. Defo wont win the all Ireland 

Can’t just write off Tipp though. They’re good enough to win an AI.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 12:01am
Laois May be improving but Offaly have been going down for a while. Laois have had the upper hand over Offaly the last couple of years which was never the case. They have been producing poor underage teams for years. A lot has to do with the bigger hurling counties getting better but definitely lots of issues with hurling in Offaly. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 10:50am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I was sent a video on WhatsApp of Tipp supporters having a dust up in the stadium
Any more on this? When is the Tv3 documentary?
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 11:34am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I was sent a video on WhatsApp of Tipp supporters having a dust up in the stadium
Lol for a man who hates the gaa you sure do love reading about it 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 11:36am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Know your enemy.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 11:55am

Know your enemy.
https://media1.tenor.com/images/7ff68e9e8c43db49d2f522a3ae6ec50a/tenor.gif?itemid=13024719

Edited by eireland - 21 May 2019 at 11:56am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 12:03pm
That really wasn’t worth the effort. Although more fool me as I had to look for it myself!LOL

Anyway, back to the serious hooligan problem in the GAA...
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 10:51pm
Time for the Waterford players too show they love that Jersey and go out and give it everything against the AI champs on Sunday. Personally I think Limerick will have too much for us and were ring rusty against Cork. Walsh park may be a small factor but nothing invisible for Limerick. Waterford need a big game sunday too save an unlikely championship resurgence with only 2 group games left including sundays game. Imo all is not well in the camp and have heard many rumours about discontent. Hope I'm wrong but Limerick by 9 and Waterford team too give up half way through 

Clare vs Tipp is a hard one too call. Clares 2nd game of the Championship in which they played very well in the first and Tipp who are on a high. Clare difficult to beat at home but think this Tipp team is special again. Tipp by 2 in a classic 

In Leisnter Dublin should have enough for Carlow who will give a good account of themselves no doubt 

Kerry had a great win against westmeath and if they win the Mcdonagh cup they will face the 5th place team in Munster for a place in the 2020 Liam McCarthy cup. Farcical setup 

Edited by Healy52003 - 29 May 2019 at 10:52pm
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 10:16pm
RTE & Examiner running with Brick starting for us, possibly at full forward. Nothing they have tried this year has worked, and I don't expect this to work either (if true), but it says it all about the level of desperation that a 36 year old player (albeit one of our greatest in the past) is seen as a possible solution. Neither does it say much for the efforts of all the other forwards in the panel (bar Tommy Ryan, who has been reliable as usual) if the elder statesman of IC hurling, not just the WD panel, is getting a game ahead of them. 

Think defeat is inevitable, but it would be nice to actually compete in a game for more than a 10 minute spell, something that hasn't happened in the last 3 games. Don't think this manager is up to it one way or another, but if the players have anything at all about them, they might at least put in a 70 minute effort just for the sake of their own pride. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 9:11am
Wounded pride alone should surely result in a huge effort from Waterford Sunday although its hard to see it being enough to topple Limerick...........................we'll come close to beating Tipp but I think lack of squad depth is going to start getting exposed, Tipp by a few pints unfortunately,in what should be a fiery contest.
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 9:30am
Clare will beat Tipp and sure f**k it..... the Brick to score 3-3 on Sunday Brian Begley style LOL
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 10:08am
I think Tipp will beat Clare, I was at the game last year, and I think we lost because of our tactics of just lumping the ball into the forwards and Clare finishing very strongly, we were actually still the better team for a lot of he match(on the score board anyway) If Tipp were playing as smart as they have been against Cork and Waterford, they would have beat Clare last year

Edited by foggy.nelson - 31 May 2019 at 10:10am
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 1:13pm
Clare are a different animal in Ennis. I expect a better tip performance then last year but still fancy a Clare win. 
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 1:33pm
I think Clare will win too.

James Barry could get roasted at full back by O'Donnell or Conlon.

That, plus the Cusack Park factor. There'll be war in the terraces, never mind on the pitch.

Hopefully we can get our season back into gear by beating Waterford. Need a huge lift in performance from the Cork game though. Don't expect there to be many changes to the starting 15.
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 11:56pm
how low can Offaly actually go ........very likely to be relegated again
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 12:57am

Probably not any lower then christy ring. At least then they might win something in Croker. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 12:25pm

Probably not any lower then christy ring. At least then they might win something in Croker. 
How low was he? About 5’7 or so?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 31>
  Share Topic