You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Swiss Away - Oct 15th - Geneva - Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Swiss Away - Oct 15th - Geneva - Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 66>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 11:45am
I heard that the police closed it down. The owner was an arrogant f**ker .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Sponsored Links

Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 12:43pm
Elephant bar was by far the best pub, good beer, good staff and no messing. Nice city Geneva but a bit boring especially as everything closes at 1am. We went up into the Alps on the way back to zurich now that was something special.
JamesyB1989 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesyB1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 1:21pm
Seemingly Mulligans got a 20k fine. Seems excessive but thats the number i heard. 
Went there Monday night and thought it was an absolute kip, Was decent craic outside for a while until a few lads who clearly can't drink just started being more annoying than anything else. 
Wouldn't be too eager to go back to Geneva again if im honest. Fairly boring spot
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

Elephant bar was by far the best pub, good beer, good staff and no messing.

Got served quickly, but the beer was undrinkable. It was flat, tasted weird, we didn't finish them.

Was always going to be a trip for non-regulars. Was behind a few older lads on the flight who weren't sure who we were playing next month.
It doesn't bother me at all if non-football fans head to matches, if even 5% decide to visit a home game on the back of it, so well and so good.
Didn't notice much annoying behaviour at the match myself, bar the usual seat Nazis. Told them just to pick anywhere and they seemed grand with that.
City Till I Die
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by JamesyB1989 JamesyB1989 wrote:

Seemingly Mulligans got a 20k fine. Seems excessive but thats the number i heard. 
Went there Monday night and thought it was an absolute kip, Was decent craic outside for a while until a few lads who clearly can't drink just started being more annoying than anything else. 
Wouldn't be too eager to go back to Geneva again if im honest. Fairly boring spot

The fine is a bit harsh on Mulligans, wasn't a fan of the place but all the littering was from the cans and bottles of wine been bought elsewhere! Had a few in the Elephant on Monday then down to Mulligans and then the bar just down the road where there was one poor woman trying to serve the whole place. Passed through the red light on the walk home where they were getting decent business from a few IrishLOL

Did our own walking tour on the Tuesday stopping at random bars every so often, saw the limited sights in the city and then down to Mulligans with a few cans. Drank in some pizzeria not far from the ground after the game, just a handful of us and the barman. 

As said by others, wouldnt fancy a trip back at all. Probably would have enjoyed it more if I wasnt coming from Georgia and had time to take a trip out of the city
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 2:01pm
crowned eagle was a lovely bar with the best barmaid ever worked all day on her own all day until 2am. britania was ok but too slow filling pints.
Fatnacho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatnacho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 2:03pm
Was a grand city, fairly picturesque but not much going on apart from that. Walking tour was interesting enough though in terms of history. Swiss were okay but didn’t really care much about football. 
Not as expensive as some of the scaremongers were saying if you stayed away from Mulligans and the places near the train station.Free travel for tourists was great.
Heard Mulligans got a hefty fine due to the noise levels rather than the litter outside. 
Glad I went but don’t think I would come rushing back

Edited by Fatnacho - 17 Oct 2019 at 3:07pm
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

crowned eagle was a lovely bar with the best barmaid ever worked all day on her own all day until 2am. britania was ok but too slow filling pints.

Bar man in Tbilisi told me he had worked 22 hours straight for 25 lari

What sort of crowd ya reckon was over there? 2000 or so?

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 2:10pm
I’d say closer to 3,000 loads of empty seats in the Swiss. Side.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 2:41pm
I don't really get the whole "seat nazi" thing to be honest.

If someone pays for their seat then they have the right to sit it, whether you like it or not.
I moved a rom back because someone wanted their assigned seat, it's really not that big a deal

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

I don't really get the whole "seat nazi" thing to be honest.

If someone pays for their seat then they have the right to sit it, whether you like it or not.
I moved a rom back because someone wanted their assigned seat, it's really not that big a deal

Someone came into the row I was sitting in 15 mins into the game with a pint. I moved my legs to the left to let him past. I was called a "seat nazi" because I didn't stand up to make the gap bigger.
forza trapp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forza trapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 3:39pm
Nice city, expensive as expected. Free travel was great and saved lots of messing around with tickets for trams.
I don’t get the seat nazi thing either, if someone buys a ticket they are entitled to sit or stand in that spot if they want to. I stood with a few friends so was not in my seat but would have moved no problem if asked to.
Really wish they would stop selling beer at games, its getting annoying idiots throwing pints around for the craic, only causes trouble.
To the gobsh*tes from Cork who stood at the exit, grow up ffs, they abused every Irish player and where generally obnoxious.
As for the guys mouthing at each other over hanging flags at the front, what was that all about ?
Eire182 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eire182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

you know it’s gonna be a bad crowd when even Rene Cadwell is travelling. 
she's some c*** barred me off the balls.ie fbook page for calling her out for the tout that she is. Spotted her in Geneva airport yesterday told her again.😠
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Got back late last night,nice few days and great to catch up with all the old heads,Left Mulligans around midnight on Monday,it was getting a bit rowdy alright,shopping centre next door called the Manor had a great selection of cold beers downstairs and decent grub for less than a tenner,Brittania had nice pints and a good crowd,i found the Swiss to be fairly polite and were happy to help when asked for directions etc,didn't see any seat Nazis,think my ticket was in section  in X and i stood with the lads in W, considered not coming back ,Easyjet had over booked and were offering volunteers - 2 nights in an all inclusive hotel,500 Euro and a flight back to Vienna on Friday....

Jesus I’m sure that woulda been hard to turn down! 

It was !
I’ve too much work on ,only 1 person “volunteered “ .
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 4:21pm
Lot of lads on the bag over there. We could use another recession to cut that out a bit!
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 4:34pm
that’s what’s causing all the problems some amount of cretins looking to fight over nothing. Copenhagen WC Qualifiers was the same.
Simba View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Some donkeys at that match last night. That plonker who threw his full pint and started on people when they called him out. Then you'd the moron calling the keeper a tranny.
I was obviously standing around you so. Your man shouting at Sommer for the whole second half about being a tranny was painful to listen to. Few of us chatting in the airport yesterday before flying home and we all agreed that the closer we are to home, the more absolute spanners that travel. Wasn't quite as bad as the Copenhagen playoff in Geneva but there were a fair few twats around all the same. Give me Tbilisi/Chisinau etc any day of the week. Much sounder crowd the further away we are. 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Simba Simba wrote:

Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Some donkeys at that match last night. That plonker who threw his full pint and started on people when they called him out. Then you'd the moron calling the keeper a tranny.
I was obviously standing around you so. Your man shouting at Sommer for the whole second half about being a tranny was painful to listen to. Few of us chatting in the airport yesterday before flying home and we all agreed that the closer we are to home, the more absolute spanners that travel. Wasn't quite as bad as the Copenhagen playoff in Geneva but there were a fair few twats around all the same. Give me Tbilisi/Chisinau etc any day of the week. Much sounder crowd the further away we are. 
Thought so myself but there was a fair few eejits about Tbilisi this time too certainly a lot more than in 2017. As craiglen mentioned loads looked to be off their heads. Whatever about going to a game, having a few pints too many but going to the likes of Tbilisi and looking for drugs what are some of these people like. Serious problem in Ireland nowadays in general not just away games. Unfortunately one thing that has become all too common is it seems that a few idiots every trip are giving people a reason to come on here and give out about the behaviour of other fans which is fair enough. Didn’t see much of Geneva but thought it was a decent city with fairly friendly people any I talked to and easy to get around.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 66>
  Share Topic