You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Swiss Away - Oct 15th - Geneva - Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Swiss Away - Oct 15th - Geneva - Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 66>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 11:01am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

looking at edreams to book this trip. return flights and 2 nights in hotel is coming at 255. stop over in CDG of 2 hours 5 mins and have to go from terminal 2e to 2f is this enough time also on way back change in Barcelona 1 hour 40 mins is this enough.
The hotel is on the French side of the airport would that cause any issues. Any info lads would be great.
I am not an expert, but my main advice would be to never book with a 3rd party. I have heard so much negative stuff from people who have done that. Ryanair also took eDreams to court I believe. If possible, book with the airline. They won't make mistakes, or refuse to refund you money if the plane doesn't do what it says on the tin. 

Yeah I was about to say the same as the above. Whatever hotels and flights edreams are offering just go and book them yourself. More peace of mind really.

Also ticket applications closed so just keep that in mind too.
Yep lots of negative things form these 3rd party sites , now i used them only once as i had left everything too late , look the flights worked for me but wasn't happy as i was worried i would be shafted with one day to go which is what has happened to people as they will offer you other flights which are far more expensive .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 12:10pm
I used them before to go to Georgia the last time and it went smoothly, but I only booked the flights through them, its the price of hotels that are making me think of them.
Tickets won't be an issue for the match
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 10:37am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Personally would avoid CDG at all costs, if my memory is correct (haven't been there since 2010 or so) I think you need to get a shuttle train between 2e and 2f. Plane lands, then seems to taxi for about 20 minutes, and security queues can be horrendous. Maybe it has improved or changed since I was last there, it is a long time ago,  but it is my least favourite airport I've even been in, I've avoided it for years.

CDG is a great airport these days. Nice sleeping areas, PlayStations in the departure areas, etc.
2E/F are beside each other, so no worries there.

Barcelona should be grand, even if a change of terminal is required.
City Till I Die
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 7:04pm
went through CDG 3 weeks ago going to riga, we had an hour stop over, we managed to make it but it was tight, we had to transfer between 2E and 2D, it took a bit of time and had to go through security twice during the whole process

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 9:13pm
So if 1h was grand, 2h5m should be way more than enough.

The other thing to consider is how early the first flight is. If it's at like 6am and the first flight of the day for that plane, it is less likely to be delayed than if it is later in the day and the sixth flight for that plane.
MariborKev View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MariborKev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 11:54am
I've booked a Twin in the Holiday Inn at the airport(6am flight the next morning).

If anyone is looking a bed, happy to split the cost on it.
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Yeah high enough demand, Allocation will cover it though.

When do we expect to get the emails? Next week or two?
houghton88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

Not sure when they let you know but I was told by ticket office every applicant will get a ticket. Lowest value ones aswell. 
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by houghton88 houghton88 wrote:

Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

Not sure when they let you know but I was told by ticket office every applicant will get a ticket. Lowest value ones aswell. 

Wouldn't expect to hear until probably the end of the month given how early the applications opened.
Like you said looks like everyone will be sorted.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 4:38pm
It's good it was done early as there'd be some demand if this game was a decider.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 12:36pm
Only getting around to booking this now. Emailed the ticket office and they said plenty of tickets remaining. 

Anyone know of any decent flights that won’t cost a fortune? Seems to be a few options via London.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Only getting around to booking this now. Emailed the ticket office and they said plenty of tickets remaining. 

Anyone know of any decent flights that won’t cost a fortune? Seems to be a few options via London.

You could fly to Paris and get the tgv from there. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
JamesyB1989 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesyB1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Booked to Paris for around 60 euro return, then the TGV to Geneva for another 60ish return. Nice and cheap
kevj266 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevj266 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 2:25pm
Going via Germany both ways with Lufthansa. 161 return, not bad. 1 hour 20 to make connection in Munich on the Monday and 50 mins to make connection in Frankfurt on way back. Hopefully it works out Confused Still have no accom sorted, waiting to see what the rest of the lads are doing. 
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by kevj266 kevj266 wrote:

Going via Germany both ways with Lufthansa. 161 return, not bad. 1 hour 20 to make connection in Munich on the Monday and 50 mins to make connection in Frankfurt on way back. Hopefully it works out Confused Still have no accom sorted, waiting to see what the rest of the lads are doing. 

50 minutes very tight for Frankfurt, big airport.
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 3:10pm
Cheap flights in and out of Milan and the the train up 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 3:42pm
Thanks for the recommendations lads, Paris seems a decent route. Should be another good trip.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

Originally posted by kevj266 kevj266 wrote:

50 minutes very tight for Frankfurt, big airport.

you'll have security as well as you are flying to dublin , but there are automatic passport gates so make sure you have your passport and not an ID card 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 66>
  Share Topic