You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Swiss Away - Oct 15th - Geneva - Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Swiss Away - Oct 15th - Geneva - Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 66>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Anyone going in and out via Milan for this ? 
Few of us flying to Milan on the Monday from Georgia and getting the train up on match day

You booked your train tickets ? 
Sponsored Links

ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 2:06pm

Few of us flying to Milan on the Monday from Georgia and getting the train up on match day

Not yet didn't think they be on sale yet 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 2:13pm
If I plan to go to this, then I'd be definitely looking at flying to Milan or Turin then getting the Train hopefully one with a nice Alpine view along the way
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

If I plan to go to this, then I'd be definitely looking at flying to Milan or Turin then getting the Train hopefully one with a nice Alpine view along the way

Flights to Milan from 60 return at the moment 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 2:39pm

With whom?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 3:05pm

With whom?

Ryanair, who else sure. In game day back the day after
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 3:49pm

Six months out so they should be on sale in about two weeks, from trenitalia.com.

€40 each way from Milan, about 4 hours. There's a 12:23 train in at 16:21, which is perfect time.

I've said this a few times on this thread and I don't want to clog it up but I'll say again whenever they go on sale.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Six months out so they should be on sale in about two weeks, from trenitalia.com.

€40 each way from Milan, about 4 hours. There's a 12:23 train in at 16:21, which is perfect time.

I've said this a few times on this thread and I don't want to clog it up but I'll say again whenever they go on sale.

Thumbs Up
mitch14 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitch14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 7:35am

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Thumbs Up
superp View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 3:25pm
any idea when the trains from basel to geneva on match day will go on sale????
irish to the core
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 3:40pm
You should be able to get them from the Germans in less than two weeks, booking Freiburg to Geneva, as they all go through Basel.
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 10:15pm

Flying into Milan on the way to Tbilisi.  
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by superp superp wrote:

any idea when the trains from basel to geneva on match day will go on sale????

The great man SuperDave84 informed us earlier in this thread 18th April at 23.00 Irish time (midnight German time), for trains on the 15th October. 

19th April at 23.00 for 16th October, etc. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 12:55am
Word of warning though: if you can't get tickets for €19.90 from Deutsche Bahn, it might be as handy to wait until the Swiss tickets go on sale 60 days out. Their advance tickets are more reliably going to be about €20 ("supersaver" tickets) (23 CHF or so).

There's no point booking the German ones at €39.90 when the Swiss ones are likely going to be €20. Their website is trickier to use and presupposes you have a half-fare travelcard (you do not) and is generally a lot fiddlier to use. Get them on www.sbb.ch 60 days out. The English button is the bottom of the page, on the left. You probably want to go from Basel SBB to Geneve, and when you find a train you want, when inputting your details, go to further options and select "supersaver" rather than "individual" and also select "no discount card".

If you can get tickets from Deutsche Bahn for €19.90, go for it. Their website is easier to use and the tickets go on sale much further in advance. However, if they don't have €19.90 tickets, just wait and get them from the Swiss.

There's one last hint. If there are any €19.90 tickets for any of the trains Deutsche Bahn have on sale for trains before you want to go but the Basel connection doesn't work for you, just add in a stopover in Basel and the €19.90 fare should remain. That's because the DB fare works off the Freiburg - Basel section, not the Basel - Geneve section. Obviously you won't be getting the Freiburg - Basel bit so it doesn't matter what one you book.

Here's an example: say you look at Freiburg to Geneva and the 05:30 departure (06:31 from Basel) is €19.90 but the 10:08 departure (11:04 from Basel) is €39.90... in that case you could book the 05:30 departure with a four hour stopover in Basel and it should then show up as €19.90, with a much later departure from Basel.

You can in fact add in a stopover of up to 48 hours so you can theoretically book the train tickets a couple of days earlier, as the 6 month advance limit applies to the date of the first train you book, not the last one.
The Tribesman View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Tribesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 10:27pm
When are applications for tickets for The Swiss Game open.
Lansdown Roar View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lansdown Roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 10:30pm
in 4-5 months time 
They've only gone and done it
The Tribesman View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Tribesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by Lansdown Roar Lansdown Roar wrote:

in 4-5 months time 

Thanks.
EireDub View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EireDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 11:23pm
im new to this kind of thing, have a season ticket since last june with the brother and looking to do an away trip.cant do Denmark so looking at the swiss one, what is the likelihood of getting a ticket, obviously
if were going well that increases it but if i apply via the portal is there a good chance?
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 66>
  Share Topic