You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Swiss Away - Oct 15th - Geneva - Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Swiss Away - Oct 15th - Geneva - Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 66>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 10:55am
Better chance of getting 5% allocation of tickets?
The dark side.. And the light
Sponsored Links

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 11:24am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Better chance of getting 5% allocation of tickets?

Well 5% is the minimum that they have to give so we're entitled to 1500.
You'd imagine that could probably pushed to 2k
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 11:36am
Was surprised myself.

Was there any protest or anything, or any idea how many away fans traveled *.

*though I will say that it appeared to be the whole ground rather then one section
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 11:52am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Was surprised myself.

Was there any protest or anything, or any idea how many away fans traveled *.

*though I will say that it appeared to be the whole ground rather then one section
No protest or anything like that just a small crowd. They didn't have some of the upper tiers open and even some of the lower tiers had alot of empty seats
RobsYourUncle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsYourUncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 12:43pm
Hasn't Geneva gone years without a competitive game though? You'd imagine it'll probably be close to full given that and the smaller ground.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by RobsYourUncle RobsYourUncle wrote:

Hasn't Geneva gone years without a competitive game though? You'd imagine it'll probably be close to full given that and the smaller ground.

and the quality of the opposition Clap  LOLLOLLOL
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
LUFC View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 12:53pm
Friend of mine lives in Switzerland (He is Irish) said should have no trouble picking up tickets for this game, the stadium was half empty for the game last night. Swiss public aren't the biggest fans of the Swiss national team due to the background of most of the players. Irish fans will probably outnumber the Swiss. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by LUFC LUFC wrote:

Friend of mine lives in Switzerland (He is Irish) said should have no trouble picking up tickets for this game, the stadium was half empty for the game last night. Swiss public aren't the biggest fans of the Swiss national team due to the background of most of the players. Irish fans will probably outnumber the Swiss. 
Very surprised that there doesn't seem to be an interest in the national team. I would have thought with them currently doing very well that they would have filled Basel last night 
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 10:02am
I'm going back a bit but huge ticket issues in 2003 when they needed a win to qualify but half empty for the regular qualifier in 2004.  

The NI playoff in 2017 sold out reasonably quickly in a public sale but loads outside at face value.  They did restrict sales in 2017 to Switzerland and a number of neighbouring countries.  

All the above played in Basel but assume Geneva will be much the same.  No idea how many tickets they will give us.  In these circumstances many home federations increase the away allocation.  I'd be surprised if any "home" fans who want to go and make reasonable efforts would have a problem getting a ticket.  

forza trapp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forza trapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 10:13am
18k is a shocking crowd for a game between the two top teams when compared to 40k in Lansdowne. Bro in law lives in Copenhagen as tells me there is very little interest in the national team and tickets this time round will be no issue. 
I take it the Swiss and Danes are already guaranteed a play off spot, if so this could contribute to low crowds.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 11:07am
Abbey travel - 2 night's and ticket 399pp
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 11:12am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

That's not too bad tbh
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 11:21am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

That's not too bad tbh
Not the worst really but you could get a hotel still for 200 each
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 12:41pm

Is that including flights? Decent price if it is
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Is that including flights? Decent price if it is
nope, sorry should have said no flights and PP sharing
houghton88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Two words when put into the same sentence strike fear into me...Taxi and Geneva !

LOL
OuchOuchOuchLOLLOLLOL

You might have to suck it up late at night after the trams finish up for the night but the hotel I've booked (Ibis Geneve Petit-Lancy) apparently provide free public transport cards - so the Trip Advisor reviews are saying anyway.  So you should check if your hotel does this (would still be handy the rest of the day, apart from whatever issues you may have late at night). Thumbs Up

I've also found (apologies if already mentioned) that if you're flying into Geneva airport, you should look out for a machine in the baggage reclaim hall where you can get a free public transport ticket as long as you complete the journey within 80 minutes of collecting the ticket from the machine. Clap

Just as well considering how expensive I've heard Geneva is otherwise meant to be. LOL

Can confirm this is correct. Just booked my hotel and got a welcome pack off them and this was mentioned in it
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 1:41pm
Anyone going in and out via Milan for this ? 

Edited by Charlton's Child - 28 Mar 2019 at 1:41pm
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Anyone going in and out via Milan for this ? 
Few of us flying to Milan on the Monday from Georgia and getting the train up on match day

the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 66>
  Share Topic