You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Swiss Away - Oct 15th - Geneva - Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Swiss Away - Oct 15th - Geneva - Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 66>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 11:45am
I heard that the police closed it down. The owner was an arrogant f**ker .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Sponsored Links

Greenlad11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenlad11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 10:39am
The fella that threw the pint at the beginning of the game should have been carted out.

A seat nazis came in a row below me and the guy standing there just fffin and blinding at himLOL

Anyone hear Mulligans got a fine for littering on Monday night?

Rubbish bar also.
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Got back late last night,nice few days and great to catch up with all the old heads,Left Mulligans around midnight on Monday,it was getting a bit rowdy alright,shopping centre next door called the Manor had a great selection of cold beers downstairs and decent grub for less than a tenner,Brittania had nice pints and a good crowd,i found the Swiss to be fairly polite and were happy to help when asked for directions etc,didn't see any seat Nazis,think my ticket was in section  in X and i stood with the lads in W, considered not coming back ,Easyjet had over booked and were offering volunteers - 2 nights in an all inclusive hotel,500 Euro and a flight back to Vienna on Friday....

Jesus I’m sure that woulda been hard to turn down! 
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 8:56am
Got back late last night,nice few days and great to catch up with all the old heads,Left Mulligans around midnight on Monday,it was getting a bit rowdy alright,shopping centre next door called the Manor had a great selection of cold beers downstairs and decent grub for less than a tenner,Brittania had nice pints and a good crowd,i found the Swiss to be fairly polite and were happy to help when asked for directions etc,didn't see any seat Nazis,think my ticket was in section  in X and i stood with the lads in W, considered not coming back ,Easyjet had over booked and were offering volunteers - 2 nights in an all inclusive hotel,500 Euro and a flight back to Vienna on Friday....
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 7:43am
Originally posted by upandcumming upandcumming wrote:

Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Some donkeys at that match last night. That plonker who threw his full pint and started on people when they called him out. Then you'd the moron calling the keeper a tranny.

I was beside you so...  The clown didn't stop for the 90 minutes. Called Embolo a n****r a few times too. 

His mates called him out on that. The fella was old enough to know better too
Danger here, OH NO
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 12:04am
Was in Geneva since Sunday evening, was talking to a few 'one off trip' people in Britannia (who were sound),  so kind of anticipated the return of the seat nazis. A lot of them wouldn't be overly familiar with football in general, never mind Ireland away trips. Went high up toward the back of stand in stadium and was OK up there, didn't see too much of the behaviour described above thankfully. We do have a lot more idiots travelling since 2016 though, there's little doubt about that. 

Geneva even stricter than Stockholm on the pub closing times, which takes some doing. Nice enough place to stroll around (had the good weather on Monday), public transport system excellent, but fairly dead at nighttime.  Bit like walking around an extended business district. Personally prefer the chaos/livliness of Tbilisi !

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
upandcumming View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote upandcumming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 10:54pm

Some donkeys at that match last night. That plonker who threw his full pint and started on people when they called him out. Then you'd the moron calling the keeper a tranny.
I was beside you so...  The clown didn't stop for the 90 minutes. Called Embolo a n****r a few times too. 

The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 6:44pm
you know it’s gonna be a bad crowd when even Rene Cadwell is travelling. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

The Return of Designated Seat Nazis last night Angry

Very much so, ironic considering the location. 
A mouth near me was roaring 'ye orange bastard' at the ref for the first half an hour or so, then he fell asleep - the mouth, not the ref - more's the pity.
I don't mind lads roaring and shouting but when a lad roars the same line over and over again it does my head in. It's grand you're pent up and annoyed but to only have one sentence in your vocabulary makes you look like a thick. And it wrecks everybody's head too. 
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 1:31pm

Very much so, ironic considering the location. 
A mouth near me was roaring 'ye orange bastard' at the ref for the first half an hour or so, then he fell asleep - the mouth, not the ref - more's the pity.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 1:18pm

All beside us as well, called the keeper a tranny three times in a minute, I was told it was a member on here if they'd care to come on and explain it.
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 12:40pm

All over the place they were
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 12:16pm

I was up in row 39, there I'd say five people in that row, a couple came up and asked people to move. They then left over people standing. 
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 12:09pm
Few beauts around last night all right. 

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 16 Oct 2019 at 12:11pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 11:51am
Danger here, OH NO
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 11:13am
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 9:13am
Lovely morning shame about the result/performance
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 8:44am
Few sorry looking heads on the 7am flight this morning!

Given the flight was near certain to be cancelled yesterday, at least it went. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 66>
  Share Topic