You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Swiss Away - Oct 15th - Geneva - Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Swiss Away - Oct 15th - Geneva - Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 66>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Greenlad11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenlad11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swiss Away - Oct 15th - Geneva - Travel & Accom
    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Do we have the most argumentative support in Europe?
The English would win that I’d imagine.
Sponsored Links

Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 10:40am
Do we have the most argumentative support in Europe?
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Flag naxis are far worse than seat naxis

Ahh here , there is flag etiquette 

You want to hang your flag  in a nice location get in early 

Don’t block somebody else’s flag 
If you're over the age of 12 you're too old for flags

See pm’s reply above Smile
No bites Cry
Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 10:24pm

This.

Flag etiquette is pretty obvious, also known as not being a complete dickhead.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 9:41pm

See pm’s reply above Smile
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 9:14pm

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 8:29pm

You Nordies take flegs very seriously!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 8:22pm

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 7:32pm
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Old Gill Old Gill wrote:

Agree with most stuff, nice city but wouldn't hurry back.

Regarding the seat nazis some people just want their own seat. I was in some fellas seat so just hopped back a few rows, it's no big deal really.

The flag row at HT happened just in front of us. Some lad put up his flag and it was covering a flag (with map of Ireland on it). Owner of the map flag went mad and started kicking off. Was funny more than anything, 2 lads getting in each other's face over flags

They guy who was late in was also putting his flag up high, and blocking the view of a few people from Derry who were sitting in about the 3rd/4th row and who didn't want to stand for the duration of the match. 
Old Gill View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Gill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 4:36pm
Agree with most stuff, nice city but wouldn't hurry back.

Regarding the seat nazis some people just want their own seat. I was in some fellas seat so just hopped back a few rows, it's no big deal really.

The flag row at HT happened just in front of us. Some lad put up his flag and it was covering a flag (with map of Ireland on it). Owner of the map flag went mad and started kicking off. Was funny more than anything, 2 lads getting in each other's face over flags
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by Greenlad11 Greenlad11 wrote:

Originally posted by trevwaterford trevwaterford wrote:

It wasn't as expensive as some scare stories beforehand. Pints between 5 to 6.50 francs in places we were in and food slightly more than here but not bad. Nice city and easy to get around with the free travel card. Locals were friendly enough but a good few didn't know much about the football match and must have been surprised at loads of drunk Irish fans having the craic in a usually sleepy city. Very relaxed attitude to checking tickets at stadium. Mine wasn't even scanned and still has both parts intact on it.

My ticket wasn’t checked anywhere also,very relaxed 
And I think its the 1st away game I've been to where there have been no security searches going into the stadium. Shocked

Anyway, changing the subject completely for a moment - I wonder how John Delaney is getting on since leaving the FAI... Wink

There was security. Instead of searching me, they just asked if I had anything dangerous on me. A trusting nation these lads.
So trusting they must have decided to call it a day and left because there was no security searches of any kind going on by the time I arrived at the gates for section W at the ground about 10 minutes before ko. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 8:09am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

It wasn't as expensive as some scare stories beforehand. Pints between 5 to 6.50 francs in places we were in and food slightly more than here but not bad. Nice city and easy to get around with the free travel card. Locals were friendly enough but a good few didn't know much about the football match and must have been surprised at loads of drunk Irish fans having the craic in a usually sleepy city. Very relaxed attitude to checking tickets at stadium. Mine wasn't even scanned and still has both parts intact on it.

And I think its the 1st away game I've been to where there have been no security searches going into the stadium. Shocked

Anyway, changing the subject completely for a moment - I wonder how John Delaney is getting on since leaving the FAI... Wink

There was security. Instead of searching me, they just asked if I had anything dangerous on me. A trusting nation these lads.
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 12:06am
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

As said by others, wouldnt fancy a trip back at all. Probably would have enjoyed it more if I wasnt coming from Georgia and had time to take a trip out of the city

Completely agree. Had more time in Georgia, nicer city, better weather there,  cheaper etc

Edited by xRedmanLFCx - 19 Oct 2019 at 12:07am
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 10:28pm

The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Greenlad11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenlad11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 9:57pm

Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 5:59pm
We got the 06.40 train to Zurich airport morning after match.We sat in first class by mistake, ticket inspector demanded a extra 69 CHF each.Told us if we didn't pay he'd call the police, Swiss fella behind us told him we were Irish fans.He shook my hand and said forgot about it, sound man.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Beavis Beavis wrote:

Enjoyable trip. Went back via Interlaken which was class.
Agree with everyone else really - Swiss were actually pretty sound (not sure why we thought they wouldn't be) and Geneva is nice but quiet (finally liberated from our kids, we were dying for a nightclub on the match night...anyone find one?).
Thought the crowd was ok, but we didn't do a huge amount to get behind the team. The good old days it would be constant at aways even after went Lansdowne went quiet, though this could be my ageing rose-tinted specs.
Plenty of dopes in the crowd especially the ones missing most of the second half queuing for food/beers and then being p!ssed off and abusive for it taking too long...if you want to see the match, sacrifice your fu cking burger Wacko

I'd disagree re coke though, coke = cu nts without exception, fact.
Beer = ****s, to me. No exceptions either, and I include myself in that and I’m better behaved after a pint! Irish people shouldn’t drink, in my experience. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 66>
  Share Topic