You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 731732733734735>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Kenny will put his spin on it alright. He was well supported but he was useless. Move on. If he’s talented he’ll get in somewhere else.

Maybe you should change your name 😀😀😀

A rebrand like Kenny's Kids did.
Sponsored Links

Tapo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 3:17pm

Kenny will put his spin on it alright. He was well supported but he was useless. Move on. If he’s talented he’ll get in somewhere else.

😂king Lee doesn’t have the same ring to it

How about King of the Hill
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 10:12am
Does anyone have access to the Kenny interview? It's behind a paywall
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

You can usually bypass paywalls by turning your wi-fi/internet off just as the page is loading.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Mods delete as you wish but I use archive.ph

Gent 
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

A rebrand like Kenny's Kids did.

Lennon's Loopers. Hughton's Harriers. Carsley's Children. Poyet's Pilgrims.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 12:52am
Interesting comment from Duff after Shelbourne game when talking about the Interim management appointment "I might actually watch an ireland game because I'm excited about who's on the sideline ".

Does that suggest perhaps there was a falling out with Kenny as well for Duffer and his time with ireland? Always thought it was just Alan Kelly and the FAI

Edited by t_rAndy - 05 Mar 2024 at 12:53am
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 9:19am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Interesting comment from Duff after Shelbourne game when talking about the Interim management appointment "I might actually watch an ireland game because I'm excited about who's on the sideline ".

Does that suggest perhaps there was a falling out with Kenny as well for Duffer and his time with ireland? Always thought it was just Alan Kelly and the FAI

Read that the exact same way this morning. Struggling to understand how someone so passionate about football wouldnt watch the Irish team, must have been a big clash.
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 11:17am
Duff was a great player for Ireland, fully committed. But every time he speaks he goes down in my estimation a little.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 11:21am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 11:31am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4HEb71KWSj/

A total cop out when pressed on his comment that he was too busy as a LOI manager to watch the team He was clearly referring to Kenny and hadn't the guts to give his real opinion instead back pedaling but still leaving it out there.

Why would it matter who was on the sideline if you were too busy to watch the national team anyway Damien? 

Poor form from Duffer the mouthy git. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 11:43am
He didnt have time but now he does because ''the God of Football' is assistant manager.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 11:48am
It’s hilarious that we are now in a world where Duffer is a top manager on the back of Shels good run whereas Kenny is a failure.  
If Duff has the same CV as Kenny when he finishes in the LOI he will be doing very well.  If he goes on to have more success abroad I will be delighted.   As things stand his management cv is no where near Kenny’s but he is early in his managerial career.  But he is not a guru worth listening to.  He is pretty old schools and 1980s in his approach to management.  Just comes across as an angry middle aged man now. 
AKA pedantic kunt
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 12:28pm
I don't think anyone said he is a top manager. Kenny is a failure at international level not at LOI level. Kenny is arguably one of the most successful managers at LOI level. 

Your twisting things around and bring indigenous.

Edited by horsebox - 05 Mar 2024 at 12:32pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 3:02pm
Kenny was brilliant with our under-21s.  

The way he brought those players on, and the confidence with which they played, was outstanding.  Ironically, his appointment as senior manager sabotaged the outrageous progress he made with that team.

They played such front foot, confident football, that sometimes you had to double-check that it was our lads. 

If he had an appetite for it, I'd like to see him brought back into the fold in that kind of context at some stage. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 3:16pm
Did I read before he was on 250k a year as U21 manager? Which be hard pressed trying to get again unless he gets a job outside of ireland 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 3:20pm
Thought it was a low blow from Duff. No need to go there
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I don't think anyone said he is a top manager. Kenny is a failure at international level not at LOI level. Kenny is arguably one of the most successful managers at LOI level. 

Your twisting things around and bring indigenous.

Those darn natives again…
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 731732733734735>
  Share Topic