Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 547548549550551 735>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 10:42pm
I would have been quite critical of him at times but his line up, formation and tactics were excellent tonight.

Agree on the Obafemi substitution, I thought he should have came on a lot earlier.

The game plan does not suit Ferguson as he lacks that pace up front, and I thought we were a lot better attacking wise when he went off. 

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

A good night for him despite the defeat 
Signs of his style of play were evident throughout

Being overly picky my only gripe was he didn’t get Obafemi on the pitch early enough, and I wouldn’t have brought Idah on 

idah was excellent when he came
On. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Being overly picky my only gripe was he didn’t get Obafemi on the pitch early enough, and I wouldn’t have brought Idah on 

On. 

Wouldn’t say excellent
He was pretty quiet I thought 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 11:37pm

Just back now, but Idah did really well when introduced!
Idah Dream!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 11:43pm
A step in the right direction for him.  We do seem to play well against the better sides.
The key thing for Kenny is he needs his teams to back up the performances. No good patting ourselves on the back for a good performance against the top teams and then being sh*te against other teams.

rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 11:44pm
Kenny really likes Idah. I suspect he intended starting him tonight a few months ago but Evan's form made that a non runner. Would have been very brave not to start EF - doesn't have the goodwill in the bank to risk making that kind of decision 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 12:18am
Good to see the match going fans backing the manager.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 12:19am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

The cringiest kind of comment. I'm a ST holder and not a fan of SK at all. However I will give him his dues for tonight and also accept that there is no suitable replacement out there right now.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 12:21am
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

The cringiest kind of comment. I'm a ST holder and not a fan of SK at all. However I will give him his dues for tonight and also accept that there is no suitable replacement out there right now.

How so? The fans were in full voice with their backing of Stephen Kenny! I bet you were raging with the SK chants.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 12:35am
Yawn. Give it a rest
It would damage this forums' reputation
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 12:37am
We have been in this situation with Kenny a good performance the good will in the most part is there and then we follow it up with a poor one. This campaign needs to book that trend for Kenny. 

Hopefully he can do it
It would damage this forums' reputation
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 12:42am

How so? The fans were in full voice with their backing of Stephen Kenny! I bet you were raging with the SK chants.

Best of luck to him and I genuinely hope he can turn things around in terms of results. But we all know there's a core group that will sing his name even if we lose every game 5-0. The Branch Kennyians or whatever you want to call them. It means nothing, he needs wins in this group,. starting with 6 points in the next window after drawing a blank in this one.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 12:57am

Thought we were solid first half for the most part, shocking mistake by Cullen. It worried me that we had no ability to counter attack at all, Ogbene winning fouls was our only outlet. we also didn’t have a shot on target for 70 odd minutes. Couldn’t get Ferguson in behind at all. If we are honest we can say France we’re in 2nd gear. 
Collins was unlucky to be denied by a world class save.

Still not convinced by Kenny, will know more in June. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 12:58am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Best of luck to him and I genuinely hope he can turn things around in terms of results. But we all know there's a core group that will sing his name even if we lose every game 5-0. The Branch Kennyians or whatever you want to call them. It means nothing, he needs wins in this group,. starting with 6 points in the next window after drawing a blank in this one.

The knives were out before the game kicked off, we went toe to toe with arguably the best team in world football, limited them to very few chances! When we beat Germany 1-0, the Germans had a number of chances! Kenny got all the big calls correct tonight starting from the first 11 right up to the substitutions!

If you’ve got a gripe with Kenny safer leaving it until he gets it’s wrong! 

Always refreshing to see the fans back the manger at the game, when you log into this forum you wouldn’t think he has any backers! Typical armchair fans who are always first to criticise.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 1:00am

On. 
yeah he had a few moments, works hard. He wouldn’t score in a brothel though. No where near international standard tbh. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 1:17am

Believe it or not I wasnt, because I'm not a weird lunatic.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 1:34am
We played better tonight than we did the night we beat Germany.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Fireball07 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fireball07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 1:39am

On. 

Wouldn’t say excellent
He was pretty quiet I thought 

He's an excellent hold-up player, a good target man and showed some lovely touches when he came on.

He's not a clinical finisher but he will allow other players play off him and he did that job really well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 547548549550551 735>
  Share Topic