Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 544545546547548 735>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 10:10pm
Yes let’s sack him on the eve of the qualifying campaign kicking off, as we’ll probably lose

What a great idea 
Sponsored Links

Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Yes let’s sack him on the eve of the qualifying campaign kicking off, as we’ll probably lose

What a great idea 
He should have gone at the end of the nations league we all know where this is going 

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

I love this absolutely thrash lads say let’s give him time, support the team he has reinvented the way we play, we played pragmatically 30 years ago so we shouldn’t again

It’s absolute rubbish we are in all probability going to lose
And the fear is we could take a hiding.
our players are poor but are improving Kenny is not a top manager it’s that simple he’s time is almost up one way or the other.

Time to let some else have a go.

Were you having a stroke while writing that?
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

What a great idea 
He should have gone at the end of the nations league we all know where this is going 

Yep, and the worry is that by the time he walks/gets sacked the group - albeit one that qualification from is probably beyond us regardless - will be just a write-off. He should have gone last autumn/winter. 
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 10:28pm
I’m after about 6 of them reading this thread for the past 2 days.

The amount of delusional talk on here is off the charts!!

I’ve never been more pessimistic about a qualification in my life time.

And all we hear is how great we are that we make a few passes and score more but for the love and honour of Jesus we look like we could lose every game we play
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 10:52pm
Let's get Paul Jewell in. 
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 10:59pm
what happens if someone else has a go and we get worse? Keep firing managers with this endless pot of money we have and keep chucking away qualification periods until we find the magic combination again enabling us to draw 1-1 with Switzerland and Denmark again?
MrWhitty View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrWhitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

what happens if someone else has a go and we get worse? Keep firing managers with this endless pot of money we have and keep chucking away qualification periods until we find the magic combination again enabling us to draw 1-1 with Switzerland and Denmark again?

It’s fairly obvious Kenny isn’t an international standard manager, let’s be honest it’s no surprise either. His career was pretty uninspiring outside the island of Ireland no big job offers in England in any division probably sums that up. The LOI brigade got blinded. 
Similar to when Trapp came in, we need a thorough world wide search for the next appointment. Ideally has managed at the top level of football at a major European league, has international experience as well would also be a large tick. 

It had to be Michael O’Neill. He’s now up north managing one of the weakest Northern Ireland teams in living memory. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 11:23pm
If it hasn't clicked and we have had a couple of real poor result by half way through campaign and no hope of top 2 then I think they will change and get someone a few games before a hopeful playoff
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

If it hasn't clicked and we have had a couple of real poor result by half way through campaign and no hope of top 2 then I think they will change and get someone a few games before a hopeful playoff

Very much doubt that. He will last the campaign i would say regardless 
I love beer gardens
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Can’t see it. If he loses to France and Greece he’s a goner, surely.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

So far, the only potential names I’ve seen that could realistically succeed him are Antony Barry and Lee Carsley. They are highly likely to make us better yeah?
El Puto Amo
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 11:46pm

I do think so, I think the pressure would be enormous. We would have Gilbraltar still to play in same window as greece but with then franc end Netherlands in September, if we have stank out the place up til mid summer I think they might just cut their losses in more of an anticipation of trying to get a new manager the experience and familiarity with team and then we might even sneak a play off
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 12:50am
Would John Oshea be considered in that type scenario?
Piskin View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 1:22am
We simply do not have the quality of players needed to compete at this level. Kenny has brought in a lot of youth & has tried to change the style of play from the turgid style we were endured to watch. This campaign is Kennys last chance to show what he can do as this rebuilding excuse is over. It's time for the fruits of his labor and show us what his vision is for this team is. Yes it's a tough ask against France & Holland  but it's high time to go for broke now and show what character this team has. But if we are out of contention after a few games then he has to go, it's time for results!!
Nconran View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nconran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 9:43am
There's absolutely no sense in sacking him. Replace him with who? Guardiola wouldn't get us out of the group. If we don't have the players, we don't have the players. Simple. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 10:23am

No he won't be sacked he will be keep going on to the bitter end , when ever that will be . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 10:26am
Just looking at the chances of us getting a playoff. Stayed at 54% after last night.
I see teams like Estonia and Kazakhs have a far higher percentage. I presume the playoffs are seeded too right?

If we do get a playoff will it be against a higher seeded team who don't qualify?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 544545546547548 735>
  Share Topic