You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 453454455456457 735>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Didn't know Brian Kerr posted on here LOL

As coaches, I think Kerr and Kenny probably merit similar levels of respect.
Sponsored Links

tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 1:43pm
Kerr hasn't been a coach for more than ten years.
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Wonder how long it will take before our Euro qualifiers are re-branded as a building exercise for the WC qualifiers? What are the expectations? A third place finish, achieving our seeding?
Sleepy I know you’re hurting but thats pathetic.
An insightful and considered response as expected. I think we will finish 3rd in our group, based on what we've seen so far.

If you're looking for an insightful and considered response, maybe don't post an immature post like that, with the sole purpose of provoking others. Let's not pretend that's not what it was.
The problem with assuming the motives of a poster is that debate is pointless, you either agree or disagree with the content. Play the ball, not the man, and maybe leave emotion out of it.
Goes from pathetic whataboutery to this in 3 posts LOLClap
I don't understand your post, maybe someone could explain it to me? In a previous campaign, and about half-way through that disaster, SK attempted to change the narrative to state that he was really using that campaign to prepare for the next one. That was a dishonest thing to do. So there is some form here. Hope that doesn't happen again. And I still think we will finish 3rd. Which is not really a disaster. Not sure it would be sufficient to get him a further contract extension though. 
It’s quite simple, you’re first post in this exchange is pathetic, and it’s whataboutery, you’re making a up a fictional future situation to give your opinions merit. 
Then you follow it up with an attempt at highbrow nonsense and accuse people of playing the man not the ball. 

If people are prepared to post nonsense on a forum, don’t feign surprise when someone actually calls you out on it.  

counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 2:10pm

Aren't you the lad who was gutted when we beat Luxembourg?
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

I think you are mixing me up with someone else? I was gutted when we lost to them, were you?
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 2:30pm
Here we go again.....It's the Stephen Kenny thread
It would damage this forums' reputation
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 2:31pm

Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

I think you are mixing me up with someone else? I was gutted when we lost to them, were you?

Sorry you were just posting about people defending Kenny after they lose the second game to luxembourg before a ball was even kicked. 'Moving the goalposts' if you will.
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 3:01pm

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Wonder how long it will take before our Euro qualifiers are re-branded as a building exercise for the WC qualifiers? What are the expectations? A third place finish, achieving our seeding?
Sleepy I know you’re hurting but thats pathetic.
An insightful and considered response as expected. I think we will finish 3rd in our group, based on what we've seen so far.

If you're looking for an insightful and considered response, maybe don't post an immature post like that, with the sole purpose of provoking others. Let's not pretend that's not what it was.
The problem with assuming the motives of a poster is that debate is pointless, you either agree or disagree with the content. Play the ball, not the man, and maybe leave emotion out of it.
Goes from pathetic whataboutery to this in 3 posts LOLClap
I don't understand your post, maybe someone could explain it to me? In a previous campaign, and about half-way through that disaster, SK attempted to change the narrative to state that he was really using that campaign to prepare for the next one. That was a dishonest thing to do. So there is some form here. Hope that doesn't happen again. And I still think we will finish 3rd. Which is not really a disaster. Not sure it would be sufficient to get him a further contract extension though. 
It’s quite simple, you’re first post in this exchange is pathetic, and it’s whataboutery, you’re making a up a fictional future situation to give your opinions merit. 
Then you follow it up with an attempt at highbrow nonsense and accuse people of playing the man not the ball. 

If people are prepared to post nonsense on a forum, don’t feign surprise when someone actually calls you out on it.  

I didn't invent a fictional future. I said I hope he doesn't do what he did previously. I also said I think we will finish 3rd, and I also said that I don't think that would be enough to get him a contract extension. If you think that's high brow....
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 5:19pm
disapointed the contract only goes to 2024 i would have given him longer as i dont think this is a project that can be completed in 2 years
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 4:31am
Seems like he did a tactical presentation for journalists at yesterday's press conference. Dan McDonnell saying he'll discuss it in his weekly newsletter today.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 7:21am
According to Jonathan Hill there is an exit clause in Kenny's contract, most likely for after the Nations League. So more of a 1+1 contract then - a 1 year contract with the FAI having an option for a second at their discretion it seems.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 7:25am
Any word on the new assistant/coach?

Need this to be spot on
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 8:06am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

According to Jonathan Hill there is an exit clause in Kenny's contract, most likely for after the Nations League. So more of a 1+1 contract then - a 1 year contract with the FAI having an option for a second at their discretion it seems.

Most if not all contracts will have an exit clause, they mentioned at the press conference yesterday it's a 2 year deal because they didn't want the same questions over the managers future after every international break.

Seems like a fairly straight forward 2 year deal with the FAI covered in the event that the Euro qualifying is going tits up.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 9:24am
But now that they've confirmed there's an exit clause (or "exit-point" as Hill called it) that's exactly what will happen - if NL results are poor there will be calls to take advantage of this exit point. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 9:48am
Absolutely an exit clause. Anyone who considered such a scenario unreasonable feel free to consider yourself a dope/moron/fool. Hill confirmed a severance payout agreement is in place. In other words, a bad NL and SK's job is on the line. 
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 9:54am
Big deal being made about it. No different to any other manager. At this stage, a bad nations league would understandably see him gone. As O'Neill's fate was similarly sealed.

Only difference now is that we have an FAI in charge who's not a complete basket case and have the balls/sense to cover themselves financially with their contracts.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 9:59am

But now that they've confirmed there's an exit clause (or "exit-point" as Hill called it) that's exactly what will happen - if NL results are poor there will be calls to take advantage of this exit point. 

But why are some people making such a big deal about it ?

It's pretty standard in contracts that all parties cover themselves with a get out clause.

I don't get why it's such a focal point
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 10:01am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

But why are some people making such a big deal about it ?

It's pretty standard in contracts that all parties cover themselves with a get out clause.

I don't get why it's such a focal point

We all know why it's a focal point.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 453454455456457 735>
  Share Topic