You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 423424425426427 735>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 1:02am
I also love the naysayers or the silent naysayers who are now hanging their acknowledgment of the teams progress on Anthony Barry in a way that Kenny didn’t do anything, it’s all Barry. Versus fair play to Kenny for hiring Barry and doesn’t it make a great team
Sponsored Links

David McWilliams View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David McWilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 1:38am
The "There's only one stephen kenny" while meaning well, is absolute dogsh*t. It reminds of the hype around Ricky Hatton around 06. Please give the man a proper song.

Even "Stephen Kenny's Green and White Army" would be way better
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 3:19am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

[
Two wins (against minnows) in 15 competitive games - how could Murph have got it so wrong?  

Ah Mr Brick how good of you to drop by. I hazard by your post that you still believe that Kenny isn't the man for the job? Would you like to elaborate on how he started out as manager to where we are now? 
As it says on the COP26-approved recyclable packaging, Artie - two wins against canon fodder after 15 competitive games. The post was in support of Murph who was bagged in McG's shambolic cheapie for the crime of expressing a different take on Pep Kenny. Enjoy the celebrations. 

Kenny deserved plenty of criticism in the beginning but I find it laughable that you are still fully entrenched in your view from day one to the final day. You will give no quarter of praise or see any positives whatsoever. 

I've no issue with any of the other posters, but you really are the only one who would just love it if we lost the last few games. 

Anyway enjoy sucking on your lemon Kenny is here for a while more yet Big smile 

It would damage this forums' reputation
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 4:50am
Kenny's salary for trying to implement a complete 180 for Irish football is too much, but Robbie Keane's 250k for doing absolutely nothing and being a complete and utter hanger on is nothing to moan about. Understood.

However, there are very few international managers who deserve to be on half a million a year tbh.

Edited by The Huntacha - 17 Nov 2021 at 4:52am
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 7:48am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

If there's any spare cash floating around once Robbie Keane is no longer being paid I'd like to see some of it being sent in Anthony Barry's direction to keep him involved - it does seem like his arrival was linked to the improvement in performances and results.

I'd rather it be spent on balls and bibs for schools and local clubs.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 8:09am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

I actually do think that's silly money. 

As is every salary in top level professional football! What was mc carthy on?

Mccarthy was on even sillier money 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 8:27am

Therein lyth the problem. I think Mick was brought in on close to €1 million. MON/Keane were a €2.5 million package at one stage. Trap/ Tardelli were the same. I know DOB was subsidising the last 2 management teams ive mentioned, but still the FAI/ Delaney hyperinflated the market.

Just as a comparison, does anyone know roughly what Andy Farrel is getting to coach the egg chasers? I know it's a bit of an apples and oranges comparison, but still be interesting to see 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 8:41am
Did i read Mick was on 1.2m x 2years, and 1m exit bonus. 3.4million for 10 games.. I remember thinking that 340k per game was banannas, now i could well have got that wrong, as even for Delaney that be a mess.

Please tell me im messing up those figures, because that's scary. 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 8:42am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Therein lyth the problem. I think Mick was brought in on close to €1 million. MON/Keane were a €2.5 million package at one stage. Trap/ Tardelli were the same. I know DOB was subsidising the last 2 management teams ive mentioned, but still the FAI/ Delaney hyperinflated the market.

Just as a comparison, does anyone know roughly what Andy Farrel is getting to coach the egg chasers? I know it's a bit of an apples and oranges comparison, but still be interesting to see 

600k I heard.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 8:50am
Why do people care so much how much he earns? I really don't understand this. 

I do think that all international managers should be on performance related pay.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 8:55am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I do think that all international managers should be on performance related pay.

Because now results have improved inline with performances some still need a reason to have a pop. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 9:19am

Do you derive a salary based solely on performance?
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 9:20am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Because now results have improved inline with performances some still need a reason to have a pop. 

To be fair, it doesn't sit easily with me because the association is absolutely strapped

Robbie taking a ball of money for nothing is a separate issue. Shameful to be fair 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 9:25am

It's a gamble when you hire a manager in international football .

The FAI need someone who can take us forward fill Lansdowne and qualify for World Cups and Euro's .

The Mess JD left us will take so much time to put right .

As i said gamble , you hire the right man you get results we are go places  , but this comes with a price tag , sometimes you have to pay market value for the right manager .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 9:48am
if we had Klopp and pep combined on 20 million each a year we wouldn’t have qualified for this World Cup. 

People need to get real.  We are picking players from league one in our first team.  

We have potential and a good spirit and a style of play that can bring us places but lads expecting World Cup qualification are deluded.  

Even with a playoff you have 2 games probably away from home to qualify.  
AKA pedantic kunt
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 9:49am

To be fair, it doesn't sit easily with me because the association is absolutely strapped

Robbie taking a ball of money for nothing is a separate issue. Shameful to be fair 
Dont get me wrong I’d rather we paid him less but we are where we are. Lads now suggesting he takes a 50% is purely because he can’t be attacked on performances & results. 
Same lads are silent on Robbie robbing a living, the agenda is clear as day. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 9:52am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Do you derive a salary based solely on performance?

He would have a base salary and then you could add on competitive wins, qualification, rankings etc...

There should be an incentive. The better he does the $$ he earns.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 9:58am

Dont get me wrong I’d rather we paid him less but we are where we are. Lads now suggesting he takes a 50% is purely because he can’t be attacked on performances & results. 
Same lads are silent on Robbie robbing a living, the agenda is clear as day. 

Of course they are. 

They love moving the goalposts too
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 423424425426427 735>
  Share Topic