You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 421422423424425 735>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

anyone think Kenny needs to go and do some
Communications classes now and learn how to speak properly.  ðŸ˜€ðŸ˜€ðŸ˜€

absolutely not. never. and turn into a robot? he speaks perfectly fine the way he is.
Sponsored Links

GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

anyone think Kenny needs to go and do some
Communications classes now and learn how to speak properly.  ðŸ˜€ðŸ˜€ðŸ˜€
Yes, I think it would help him in the long run dealing with the press
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 5:31pm
He's been interacting with the media for nearly 25 years. I think he's a bit beyond that now. 

Who cares what he's like when a camera stuck in his face. I only care what he's like when a player is stuck in his face. 

Most of us probably wouldn't do much better. Like anything in football all that sideshow stuff doesn't matter a jot unless the sh!t is hitting the fan on the pitch. He could be a stuttering, tourette laden mess and we wouldn't care, as long as things were going well. Fine lines and fuel for the negative narrative is all it is.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 7:37pm
Stephen Kenny talks to the media like I talk to women.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

What, on the internet?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

He has actually show himself to be very brave when you think about it. He didn’t go begging to David McGoldrick, or kept picking McCarthy hoping for availability, or bring McGeady and Westwood back when perhaps form and need may have suggested it was a good idea. He could have continued to separate Coleman and Doherty, but works them in consort. He could have focussed on Shane Long and Scott Hogan, rather than new and young lads.

There is a lot to suggest that the road he has travelled is the right one, when there were obvious, safer alternatives. The trouble was, the same results with the safer options would have made his case harder to make. Instead he can point to result improvement, player growth and managerial coordination.

I think he asked McGoldrick to reconsider. And Westwood was never in a position to be picked by Kenny, realistically. Point taken on the rest.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

What, on the internet?
LOLLOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 8:36pm
I knew 9gingers would enjoy that one. Smile
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 8:46pm
think the sarcasm detectors are not working tonight. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 8:46pm

I knew 9gingers would enjoy that one. Smile

Who are the 9 gingers

Saint Tom 
Green Tribe 

AKA pedantic kunt
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

He has actually show himself to be very brave when you think about it. He didn’t go begging to David McGoldrick, or kept picking McCarthy hoping for availability, or bring McGeady and Westwood back when perhaps form and need may have suggested it was a good idea. He could have continued to separate Coleman and Doherty, but works them in consort. He could have focussed on Shane Long and Scott Hogan, rather than new and young lads.

There is a lot to suggest that the road he has travelled is the right one, when there were obvious, safer alternatives. The trouble was, the same results with the safer options would have made his case harder to make. Instead he can point to result improvement, player growth and managerial coordination.
this!

the amount of players hes brought through in such a short period of time has been incredible. we took some short term pain but weve accelerated the development of a lot of these young lads. 

if Mick was in charge he would probably have us playing 5 centre backs with glen whelan still going in the middle.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 2:28am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

[
Two wins (against minnows) in 15 competitive games - how could Murph have got it so wrong?  

Ah Mr Brick how good of you to drop by. I hazard by your post that you still believe that Kenny isn't the man for the job? Would you like to elaborate on how he started out as manager to where we are now? 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 10:25am
he hasn't expressed a different take for over a year now to be honest
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 1:37pm

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

[
Two wins (against minnows) in 15 competitive games - how could Murph have got it so wrong?  

Ah Mr Brick how good of you to drop by. I hazard by your post that you still believe that Kenny isn't the man for the job? Would you like to elaborate on how he started out as manager to where we are now? 
As it says on the COP26-approved recyclable packaging, Artie - two wins against canon fodder after 15 competitive games. The post was in support of Murph who was bagged in McG's shambolic cheapie for the crime of expressing a different take on Pep Kenny. Enjoy the celebrations. 
Thanks Brick Clap
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 1:45pm

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

[

As it says on the COP26-approved recyclable packaging, Artie - two wins against canon fodder after 15 competitive games. The post was in support of Murph who was bagged in McG's shambolic cheapie for the crime of expressing a different take on Pep Kenny. Enjoy the celebrations. 

And i posted a cheapie? "Pep" Kenny, embarrassing behaviour from any fan of the team.

I have a go at Murph because he cannot serve up any rationale for his displeasure at Stephen Kenny being manager of the team other than the fact that he is "JD appointment" and that he came to us via a rather untraditional route having achieved "little" elsewhere. 

The 2 wins in 15 may be true but anybody in denial about our progress has motives for whatever reason. In Murph's case he reminds me of taximen that ive been unlucky to be a customer. Stubborn cranks so entrenched in their beliefs despite knowing they are wrong and their views are struggling to hold water. 

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 1:58pm
Even Kenny's biggest critics in media are starting to change their tune. People like giles and brady who were saying wait to see out the campaign are now saying give him the contract. 

We all know we are not perfect and there have been quite a number of mistakes that could have cost results but on the overall balance, we are playing better football in terms of keeping hold of the ball as far back as I can remember, we are pretty solid at the back with good players, we have good workmanlike midfielders and forwards able to muster up at least a few clear chances per game between each other. This is a big improvement on where we are and it seems its getting better each game as Kenny is fine tuning things....the latest being that maybe Idah is not quite ready but Knight looks like he is an improvement and could be that missing creativity spark between midfielders and forwards that has definitely been one thing that has been missing (the other biggest being a quality finisher).

Edited by t_rAndy - 16 Nov 2021 at 1:58pm
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Even Kenny's biggest critics in media are starting to change their tune. People like giles and brady who were saying wait to see out the campaign are now saying give him the contract. 

We all know we are not perfect and there have been quite a number of mistakes that could have cost results but on the overall balance, we are playing better football in terms of keeping hold of the ball as far back as I can remember, we are pretty solid at the back with good players, we have good workmanlike midfielders and forwards able to muster up at least a few clear chances per game between each other. This is a big improvement on where we are and it seems its getting better each game as Kenny is fine tuning things....the latest being that maybe Idah is not quite ready but Knight looks like he is an improvement and could be that missing creativity spark between midfielders and forwards that has definitely been one thing that has been missing (the other biggest being a quality finisher).

Good post Andy
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Bottom line is if you get results the narrative changes. Now some can post that they were right to be patient and maybe they have a right to do that but we haven't won anything yet so to speak and so yes there have been positive displays and results. That is what Kenny is paid to do. Let's hope we can push on now.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 421422423424425 735>
  Share Topic