Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 294295296297298 735>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 11:54am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I can't see us beating Andorra tonight.

I think 0-0 or 1-0 to us sounds about right , now they will get a chance or two and if they score first i am not sure we can get a goal .

Yes we are talking about Andorra here .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Big pat Big pat wrote:

oh so this a padantic forum... sorry I'll try not to abbreviate in future

I'm not being smart, but I genuinely thought the yr thing was a typo.
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

6-0 win tonight, better player body language, better communication from the manager but no communication to the media on questions he’s asked.
Have I missed anything on tonight’s to do list? 

Idah,Ogbene, Parrot and Connolly all need to start

De niro to do the truffle shuffle in the middle of a lawn tennis match with Osaka
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 12:11pm
Criticising a non-performing manager is consistent with supporting your team, not that complex.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 12:28pm
A loss, draw or poor winning performance against Andorra and Kenny should be gone. 
The only way is up
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 12:29pm
Sure we beat Gibraltar by the skin of our teeth under mccarthy with far more senior and experienced players. The performances in the games was as bad as I've ever seen by ireland.

Kenny has promoted 6 or 7 u21 players to the seniors and is moving away from the experienced players that have got us nowhere.

A better performance and a 1-0 win and a host of new younger players has to be seen as progress.  That's where we are now.
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

A loss, draw or poor winning performance against Andorra and Kenny should be gone. 

LOLLOL
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

LOL
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Sure we beat Gibraltar by the skin of our teeth under mccarthy with far more senior and experienced players. The performances in the games was as bad as I've ever seen by ireland.

Kenny has promoted 6 or 7 u21 players to the seniors and is moving away from the experienced players that have got us nowhere.

A better performance and a 1-0 win and a host of new younger players has to be seen as progress.  That's where we are now.

Most of the experienced players got us to the Euro's and the last 16.

The new players coming through are either in the lower leagues or sitting on the bench.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 12:48pm
It's like one part time team playing another part time team given the lack of game time our players get these days
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 12:49pm

The new players coming through are either in the lower leagues or sitting on the bench.

Yep, it's as if it's not the managers fault we are so poor and that changing him would not really help as we'd be stuck with the same squad...
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 12:53pm
We will narrowly beat Andorra tonight, but it will be a struggle.

We rarely put 3+ goals past anyone, even back in the days where we had some of our best players. Also, as someone mentioned, Andorra have only conceded more than 3+ goals to 5 teams in the last few years. 

The majority of our players who play tonight will either never have played senior international before, or if they have, will be very inexperienced at this level.

Realism is severely lacking on here at times.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

We will narrowly beat Andorra tonight, but it will be a struggle.

We rarely put 3+ goals past anyone, even back in the days where we had some of our best players. Also, as someone mentioned, Andorra have only conceded more than 3+ goals to 5 teams in the last few years. 

The majority of our players who play tonight will either never have played senior international before, or if they have, will be very inexperienced at this level.

Realism is severely lacking on here at times.

And yet it won't stop the bitching a moaning. Gibraltar in Lasndowne in 2015 was the 1st time I think in 30 years we'd scored 7 in a match. Even 5 in a match was rare enough. Always 3 or perhaps 4 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 03 Jun 2021 at 12:58pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 1:04pm
Norway barely beat Luxembourg last night with the most in-demand strikers on the planet, and I bet you the reaction on their forum was nothing like what it'll be here when we struggle to a win over a minnow like we always do.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Norway barely beat Luxembourg last night with the most in-demand strikers on the planet, and I bet you the reaction on their forum was nothing like what it'll be here when we struggle to a win over a minnow like we always do.

Whilst it's annoying that people have gotten on Kenny's back since day 1, moddly cuddling him and trying to make him immune from criticism also doesn't help.

Luxembourg was by far the worst result since and possibly worse than the Faroes result under Stan and there's no point in trying to deflect that. 

What he's been brought in and what the fans want to see is progress - If he's losing to Luxembourg, drawing to Qatar, failing to win against Andorra then later on in the year fails to beat Azerbaijan, that's not progression, that's the opposite, that's regression. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 1:17pm
What was the Faroes result under Stan?   I don’t remember that one. 

Edited by Baldrick - 03 Jun 2021 at 1:18pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 1:19pm

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

That was 5 years ago.

A couple of years ago those same experienced players barely beat Gibraltar. Swings and roundabouts. 

Undeniably fact is you have to keep blooding youth. In the good times and bad.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

What was the Faroes result under Stan?   I don’t remember that one. 

Didn't play them under Stan. Played them under Kerr and Trap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 294295296297298 735>
  Share Topic