It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 285286287288289 737>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2022 at 10:54pm
About f**king time 
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2022 at 10:47pm
According to Kenny's Kids, a new contract is likely to be announced before the next squad announcement, along with a replacement for Anthony Barry.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Neill Cotters  article is just clickbate

Sounds like one of the dodgy ads that come up on my phone whenever I'm watching videos in Incognito mode.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Stephen Kenny now has the unanimous backing of the FAI board according to the Sun's Neil Cotter, with some even suggesting he could be at the helm for Euro 2028. A new contract should be announced soon.

Kenny's Kids
Fantastic news and a real sign of ambition shown by the FAI to secure him on a long term deal.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 5:07pm
Neill Cotters  article is just clickbate. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 5:04pm
I assume there are clauses up the wazoo though.

Of course he will be in charge for 2028. If he's still doing the Business by then who wouldn't want him in charge. Twisting a story suit. 

Successful manager.... STAYS ON AS MANAGER! 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 3:52pm

Stephen Kenny now has the unanimous backing of the FAI board according to the Sun's Neil Cotter, with some even suggesting he could be at the helm for Euro 2028. A new contract should be announced soon.

Kenny's Kids
The FAI - a great bunch of lads Clap

Edited by ConorMac77 - 01 Jan 2022 at 3:52pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 3:49pm

Kenny's Kids

Ridiculous! It should be a contract for life.
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 2:51pm

Kenny's Kids

2028 - Jaysus that’s some turnaround from a 6 month extension!

Assume it will still be a 2 year contract to 2024 initially.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 2:46pm

Kenny's Kids
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Don't know if read that wrong, apologies if so. I was more referring to the less so where we end up and about how we play.

No problem.
What I mean is that we could end up top or 3rd and the difference could be a couple of points.
So in that case I'd not be hand-wringing over the position should we be 3rd and one goal in one game would have put is top.

I feel there'll be points dropped all over the place and it will be tight and once we're in the mix, I'll be happy.

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 4:52pm
He has a plan to win the group , lets see 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 4:24pm
I’d say 10 would be fantastic but 12 isn’t un realistic.
Beat Armenia twice and one other home win and 3 draws.
Or beat Armenia twice and two home wins.

None of the above unrealistic.

But I think most likely is a 10 points a this could come in numerous ways.

Ultimately even by the end of June we will have a fair idea on what  impact Kenny has had on the squad.

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 2:45pm
Not a hope will we get 12 points. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Less so about where we end up and more about how we play.
But results are now important so can't discard them.
We gotta be looking to get 10-12 pts overall, in my book, to see good progress and I feel that's achievable but far from guaranteed.

So 6 v Armenia (not guaranteed by any stretch and hopefully they take pts off the others) and a W/D or W/W in the other 4 mathes (or, imagine, 4 draws!).

I agree that first match is huge.

Come off it, it's about the results just as much, if not more, than how we play. And you're contradicting yourself if you think it's not about results but "we gotta be looking 10-12 pts overall".

I literally said results are now important.

Don't know if read that wrong, apologies if so. I was more referring to the less so where we end up and about how we play.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 1:20pm

We gotta be looking to get 10-12 pts overall, in my book, to see good progress and I feel that's achievable but far from guaranteed.

So 6 v Armenia (not guaranteed by any stretch and hopefully they take pts off the others) and a W/D or W/W in the other 4 mathes (or, imagine, 4 draws!).

Come off it, it's about the results just as much, if not more, than how we play. And you're contradicting yourself if you think it's not about results but "we gotta be looking 10-12 pts overall".

I literally said results are now important.

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 12:05pm

Edited by Badgersboys9 - 18 Dec 2021 at 12:07pm
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 11:44am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 285286287288289 737>
  Share Topic