You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245246247 735>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 8:34am
my take:

Kenny has had a very tough job as with Covid, he hasn’t been able to have a ‘camp’ at all and only getting 1 or 2 days before each game and the squad has been changing and depleted every game.
We also have a weak squad compared to years gone by.

That said, I do agree with the point that the honeymoon is over and this week will tell a lot. Serbia also changed coach and have only had a couple of days to work on ideas. Luxembourg are getting better but we really should be beating them. 
If we get completely outclassed by Serbia and well beaten and don’t beat Luxembourg, despite the mitigating factors, I do think I would begin to question whether Kenny can really turn things around and it will be a long 5 months ahead of the next games 
(Although hopefully we can get a summer camp together which should help things ahead of next season where hopefully and will be back too which might also have a positive impact on our performances home and away)
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 8:39am
For most people, including the players, tonight is his second game in charge. I think given the absolute sh*te that he has to pick from, this is a free hit really. Some sort of performance would be encouraging  a result would be well beyond most reasonable expectations.
It is the games against the teams we are closer to in the group on which he should be judged. 10 points from Azerbaijan and Luxembourg would be very impressive. 
wexfordman1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 9:08am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

For most people, including the players, tonight is his second game in charge. I think given the absolute sh*te that he has to pick from, this is a free hit really. Some sort of performance would be encouraging  a result would be well beyond most reasonable expectations.
It is the games against the teams we are closer to in the group on which he should be judged. 10 points from Azerbaijan and Luxembourg would be very impressive. 

Its not a free hit at all we lose 4 or 5 nil its by no means a free hit, I wouldn't be surprised with Dunfermline Athletic's finest in charge. If we don't get three points to Luxembourg as well he has to go
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 9:11am
Originally posted by wexfordman1 wexfordman1 wrote:

Its not a free hit at all we lose 4 or 5 nil its by no means a free hit, I wouldn't be surprised with Dunfermline Athletic's finest in charge. If we don't get three points to Luxembourg as well he has to go

Strange behavior for an Ireland fan to be making disparaging and piss taking remarks about the Ireland manager so early on in his reign. 

I sense an element of anger there in your post against Kenny. You ok hun ? 
AKA pedantic kunt
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 9:14am
So early on only 8 games with 1 goal and no wins.

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Strange behavior for an Ireland fan to be making disparaging and piss taking remarks about the Ireland manager so early on in his reign. 

I sense an element of anger there in your post against Kenny. You ok hun ? 
Some people want him to fail. It’s pathetic.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 9:14am
•COVID
•Unprecedented injury crisis 
•Duff Leaving
•Alan Kelly leaving
•Rat in camp 
•Robbie Keane hanging around waiting for him to f**k up 
•FAI in turmoil 
Yeah I think he should be sacked straight away 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 9:17am

As well? So he has to get six points from a winnable game and one where we should be beaten comfortably. It is some sort of religious shaman that you want to manage the team.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 9:20am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

•COVID
•Duff Leaving
•Alan Kelly leaving
•Rat in camp 
•FAI in turmoil 

Call it what you and maybe you are right .

But he was hired to get us to the World Cup , it's now up to him and his players .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
SeanyL View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 9:20am

•COVID
•Duff Leaving
•Alan Kelly leaving
•Rat in camp 
•FAI in turmoil 

It really feels like someone in the FAI is briefing against him also. I'm sure we all have an idea who it might be if you look at the journos who are writing negative stories on Kenny and make the connection back. 

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 9:21am

Such a strange post for an Ireland fan.

We're hardly expected to win against Serbia?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

•COVID
•Duff Leaving
•Alan Kelly leaving
•Rat in camp 
•FAI in turmoil 

But he was hired to get us to the World Cup , it's now up to him and his players .
Dawson Travel couldn't get this mob to a World Cup. 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 9:23am
I don't want him to fail but he is no doubt on paper the worst appointment replacing Mick Mccarthy a good level Championship manager with Kenny, if Kenny was a good manager he would have left the Loi and been successful and that's a fact alas Paul Cook

When an LOI player does well he gets his move to England or Scotland 
When an LOI manager does well he gets his move
Why did Kenny never get his move 
One spell with Dunfermline over ten years ago and got them relegated 
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 9:25am
I can’t understand that 7 of 8 games don’t count of course they count no win and 1 goal yes he has problems but we need to adapt and up to now we haven’t.

Had these games gone well lads would have been pro Kenny and his approach but because of these performance he and the squad are under more pressure to get results over the next 2 games.

If we get anything less the 3 points the pressure will be huge.

Yes the squad is poor but there still has to be minimum level of performance required and up to now we haven’t met those.

Tonight is chance to take a step in right direction.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

•COVID
•Duff Leaving
•Alan Kelly leaving
•Rat in camp 
•FAI in turmoil 

Which starts today. 
So grow up, cut out the nonsense and show a bit of support 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 9:28am
He wasn’t hired to get us to the World Cup. It almost impossible for us to qualify. We’re also rans in toughest confederation to qualify from.

We’ve had much stronger squads that have failed to qualify. We’ve also had 2 managers in our history who’ve qualified for a World Cup.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

I can’t understand that 7 of 8 games don’t count of course they count no win and 1 goal yes he has problems but we need to adapt and up to now we haven’t.

Had these games gone well lads would have been pro Kenny and his approach but because of these performance he and the squad are under more pressure to get results over the next 2 games.

If we get anything less the 3 points the pressure will be huge.

Yes the squad is poor but there still has to be minimum level of performance required and up to now we haven’t met those.

Tonight is chance to take a step in right direction.
Did you watch any of them? Some of those NL games made the friendlies against Oman seem competitive. They were nothing games in a 'competition' that shouldn't have gone ahead and saw the players of all sides lose interest. I would continue to argue of the further damage they have done to international football, regardless of who the manager is.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 9:33am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

He wasn’t hired to get us to the World Cup. It almost impossible for us to qualify. We’re also rans in toughest confederation to qualify from.

We’ve had much stronger squads that have failed to qualify. We’ve also had 2 managers in our history who’ve qualified for a World Cup.

Exactly

Worst squad in my lifetime by a country mile. I do not expect us to qualify for the World Cup and I won't be blaming Kenny if we don't

People need to get a grip and take off the blinkers here. He has a massive rebuilding job to do
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245246247 735>
  Share Topic