You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 193194195196197 735>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 10:00pm
Doesn’t seem to stick about for long at any job. Weird enough timing after him backing Kenny on rte a few weeks back too. 
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 10:00pm
Its another bad story from the camp. Wonder why. 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 10:05pm
Do the fai media personnel only work evening shifts? Always late with the press releases anyway 
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 10:05pm
Opens the door for Robbie..
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 10:08pm
duffer for Celtic job ?  Lennon to go ??
AKA pedantic kunt
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 10:18pm
He's gone on the Covid payment 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 10:26pm
Whatever has happened here it's more bad news for Kenny that he couldn't afford. Keane is not nearly as well respected as Duff as a coach so if its him that comes in it will be considered a backward step.

Obviously there could be any number of reasons for this but until a reason is given it will fuel more speculation that the senior team setup is a mess behind the scenes.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Whatever has happened here it's more bad news for Kenny that he couldn't afford. Keane is not nearly as well respected as Duff as a coach so if its him that comes in it will be considered a backward step.

Obviously there could be any number of reasons for this but until a reason is given it will fuel more speculation that the senior team setup is a mess behind the scenes.
Which Keane ? Robbie? Not a hope 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 10:42pm
The smart money is on Vinny Perth being brought in, and I think it's the right choice as well
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 12:32am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

This. I am concerned about the ‘new’ FAI in how they have handled a number of things recently including the investigation into the manager of their revenue generating team. This is being muted as a bone of contention with Duff and he is the type of character that could get miffed at something like that if he disagreed with the top brass’ approach. Not a good look for anyone here
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 12:40am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

The smart money is on Vinny Perth being brought in, and I think it's the right choice as well

Why? If stephen wanted him he would have taken him the 1st time round. Dont think he is what the squad would need to take us forward.

Edited by doherty - 09 Jan 2021 at 12:40am
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 7:03am
Odd one
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 9:38am
There was a clip of them on the pitch before the last match. Body Language looked bad. Like Duff wasnt really listening to what Kenny was saying to him or dismissed it.

Coaches come and go and should be able to but it does look bad for Kenny, increasingly isolated

Another FAI payout probably, bring in big expensive name, eat sleep repeat cycle

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 9:45am
Duff left of his own accord, there will be no pay out.

It's just another variable in the complete and utter shambles this tenure is turning out to be. (Not all Kenny's fault).

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 9:53am

It’s been a horror start for Kenny. Nothing has gone right at all. 

El Puto Amo
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 9:57am
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

There was a clip of them on the pitch before the last match. Body Language looked bad. Like Duff wasnt really listening to what Kenny was saying to him or dismissed it.

Coaches come and go and should be able to but it does look bad for Kenny, increasingly isolated

Another FAI payout probably(Kenny), bring in big expensive name, eat sleep repeat cycle

50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 12:21pm
It will be interesting to find out what the background to this is. On the face of it Duff is really letting down Kenny and Andrews by departing now, particularly given that he isn't moving onto a bigger and better role elsewhere. Maybe there is some reason outside of football for his decision but that seems unlikely. 

From what I have read it doesn't appear to be the video or the general style of play that has caused his departure.

Might be more a reflection on Duff himself on not staying anywhere in a coaching role for too long but Kenny needs stability and unity now. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 12:53pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 193194195196197 735>
  Share Topic