You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 181182183184185 735>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

What are we doing here, just naming even sh*ter managers to what we have at the minute or what?
Its getting near Christmas RB, they are making a list we might need to check it twice before they send it off LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

You would get worse choices then Roy Keane. Hipsters will tell you “the modern game has moved on” but by god it would be entertaining if nothing else and he mightn’t have them playing tiki taka but it wouldn’t be hoof ball either. 

Keane took Sunderland from the bottom of the Championship to the PL with a rather average group of players this argument that he’s a tactically hopeless dimwit I have never bought completely either. 

Ipswich of course it didn’t exactly fire but then again Ipswich are a basket case club in general who bar a good year or two under Mick Mack himself have floundered finishing mid table in League 1 last year and the same potentially this year. 

People might laugh as they have this Alan Patridge type image of Keane but far worse managers have managed and are currently managing in international football I guarantee you that.

fxxk off LOL

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

You would get worse choices then Roy Keane. Hipsters will tell you “the modern game has moved on” but by god it would be entertaining if nothing else and he mightn’t have them playing tiki taka but it wouldn’t be hoof ball either. 

Keane took Sunderland from the bottom of the Championship to the PL with a rather average group of players this argument that he’s a tactically hopeless dimwit I have never bought completely either. 

Ipswich of course it didn’t exactly fire but then again Ipswich are a basket case club in general who bar a good year or two under Mick Mack himself have floundered finishing mid table in League 1 last year and the same potentially this year. 

People might laugh as they have this Alan Patridge type image of Keane but far worse managers have managed and are currently managing in international football I guarantee you that.

Keane bought the title at Sunderland.  They bought about 10-12 players when he took over and they had the biggest budget in the division

Ya what big name players did he buy?? If it was that easy everyone would be able to do it.

Didn;t say BIG name players but he brought ina  sh*t load of good Championship players

Dwight Yorke, Ross Wallace, Liam Miller, Graham Kavanagh, Stan Varga, David Connolly, Andy Reid, Carlos Edwards, Stern John, Anto Stokes and many more

Most of those players were bog standard. 

He also got Jonny Evans and Danny Simpson from Utd on loan which I didnt include.  Overall he got about 16 players in from the time he took over in late august to the end of the Jan window
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 11:09pm
Phillippe Troussier
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 11:12pm
E L            L  O C  O       B  I    EL  S   A

the Irish version Roddy Collins

Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by cfdh_edmundo cfdh_edmundo wrote:

Originally posted by Four-Four-Two Four-Four-Two wrote:

achieved a modicum of kennys success in the league of ireland, so clearly a tinpot manager using your own logic on kenny

I'm not that knowledgeable about the LOI, in fact pretty much the diametric opposite, but could it be said he had less time than Kenny in the LOI; Sligo were in dire financial straits for some of the time and he did get them into Europe (although not as far as Kenny).

Certainly he has done fairly well in very difficult circumstances at Sligo and also at Wigan. Sadly a manager who is able to work in extremely challenging situations, ironically including financial situations, would be a good fit for the FAI right now.

you should have leave it at "im not very knowledgeable about the loi". clearly just another troll with an anti-kenny agenda
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 11:13pm
JOHN SHERIDAN.   He can work with pub team players

cfdh_edmundo View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfdh_edmundo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 11:23pm

achieved a modicum of kennys success in the league of ireland, so clearly a tinpot manager using your own logic on kenny

I'm not that knowledgeable about the LOI, in fact pretty much the diametric opposite, but could it be said he had less time than Kenny in the LOI; Sligo were in dire financial straits for some of the time and he did get them into Europe (although not as far as Kenny).

Certainly he has done fairly well in very difficult circumstances at Sligo and also at Wigan. Sadly a manager who is able to work in extremely challenging situations, ironically including financial situations, would be a good fit for the FAI right now.

you should have leave it at "im not very knowledgeable about the loi". clearly just another troll with an anti-kenny agenda

I notice a certain absence of discussing the points in your post. 

I don't have an anti-Kenny agenda, but I have to say I have been underwhelmed during the 8 games he's had in charge. Eight games without a win, 11 hours without a goal, discontent in the dressing room, I think in that context it's understandable that he's under pressure. I don't think you palm off all criticism of Kenny as some sort of anti troll agenda.
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 11:30pm

I don't have an anti-Kenny agenda, but I have to say I have been underwhelmed during the 8 games he's had in charge. Eight games without a win, 11 hours without a goal, discontent in the dressing room, I think in that context it's understandable that he's under pressure. I don't think you palm off all criticism of Kenny as some sort of anti troll agenda.

i notice a clear narrative in your posts, you posted exact the same thing on foot.ie and you were laughed out of the place, so now you come here for attention
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 11:38pm
Get John Toshack in.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 11:47pm
Paul Jewell 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 1:39am

i notice a clear narrative in your posts, you posted exact the same thing on foot.ie and you were laughed out of the place, so now you come here for attention
Interesting development.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 1:44am

Anyone who articulates any argument which in any way criticises Kenny is dismissed as a Troll. That's your default position. Pathetic. 
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 2:14am
Get El Tel on the blower!
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 2:14am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Phillippe Troussier

LOL
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 2:27am
A number of senior Republic of Ireland players are unconvinced about the direction Stephen Kenny is taking the team

The only way is up
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 2:32am
Theres a lot of Extra.ie understands. Id love to know where all these sources are coming from.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 8:02am
There is no other choice to lead us,  has to be Gez Peyton.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 181182183184185 735>
  Share Topic