Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 108109110111112 735>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 10:21pm
Long, O Dowda, Horgan & McClean won’t be in our starting 11 should we have a full squad available. 

Edited by 9fingers - 17 Oct 2020 at 10:22pm
Sponsored Links

exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

if Duffy was one of our 3 best players he'd still be playing in the English Premier League. He's a one trick pony.

What trick is that   ? 

Defending.

And heading the ball into the goal.  So two tricks, defending and scoring.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 12:29pm
Noel King - OTB really pissing me off lately. Pure sh*te, Stephen Hunt gets airtime as well FFS
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 9:22pm
On off the ball tonight  
AKA pedantic kunt
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 9:12am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

On off the ball tonight  

Kind of sums him up really .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 9:16am
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Noel King - OTB really pissing me off lately. Pure sh*te, Stephen Hunt gets airtime as well FFS

Is Noel King gone from the FAI. Wasn't he made Head of Player Identification or something a couple of years back. 

Edit: Just seen there he left a few months back. He was with the FAI for a long time between u21s, womens team, etc. I wonder is he still in the JD camp or unhappy with FAi about how it ended. 

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 22 Oct 2020 at 9:30am
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

On off the ball tonight  

Are managers meant to be on the ball?

Edited by BrendanD88 - 22 Oct 2020 at 12:09pm
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 12:09pm
I thought Kenny came of well again. Still positive despite the results 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 12:17pm

On off the ball tonight  

Now see murph you have revealed yourself here.  You clearly have a personal issue with Kenny for some reason.  It’s not the results as they are it different to Micks and you were sharpening your knife before he even took the job. 
AKA pedantic kunt
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 1:38pm

On off the ball tonight  

Now see murph you have revealed yourself here.  You clearly have a personal issue with Kenny for some reason.  It’s not the results as they are it different to Micks and you were sharpening your knife before he even took the job. 

I'd love for him to actually properly articulate his issue with SK. Something with a little more depth than the usual "unproven manager at this level, all he did was manage loi and fail in Scotland" because i dont think he has any further insights tbh. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 2:13pm

On off the ball tonight  

Ah yes whereas as we we're beating the likes of the mighty Gibraltar with such ease and magnificent football under Mick....... 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 22 Oct 2020 at 4:48pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

On off the ball tonight  

I'd love for him to actually properly articulate his issue with SK. Something with a little more depth than the usual "unproven manager at this level, all he did was manage loi and fail in Scotland" because i dont think he has any further insights tbh. 

What part of he is not up to International level do you want me to say  .

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 3:00pm

On off the ball tonight  

You may well turn out to be right Murph but saying that after a few games is very harsh. Deserves a fair crack at it before that conclusion is drawn and i think the majority of supporters are wiling to give him that
Some people just deserve a slap
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 3:12pm

On off the ball tonight  

Murphs a closet shamrock fan...

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 3:25pm

What is International Level anyway?
It's different for every association so are you saying he's not up to managing Ireland at International level?
If so, what is that based on because, as far as I can see, we've played better over the past five games than we have over the past decade or more.

If you think how we're playing under Kenny now is not 'International Level', wait until you look back at how we played under some of the previous regimes.
You'll be apoplectic!

Edited by Fozz - 22 Oct 2020 at 3:25pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

What is International Level anyway?
It's different for every association so are you saying he's not up to managing Ireland at International level?
If so, what is that based on because, as far as I can see, we've played better over the past five games than we have over the past decade or more.

If you think how we're playing under Kenny now is not 'International Level', wait until you look back at how we played under some of the previous regimes.
You'll be apoplectic!

what he said. 

How and why isnt he up to managing Ireland at International level Murph?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 5:31pm

On off the ball tonight  

What's that based on, Murph? Was Michael O'Neill not up to international level when he couldn't buy a win at the start of his reign with the nordies? Or Mick McCarthy first time round when he had to wait till his eigth game before getting one?  
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 6:39pm

On off the ball tonight  

Most of the team can't get near a premier league team. At least he's managed players from clubs that get to Europe.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 108109110111112 735>
  Share Topic