You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 107108109110111 735>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 12:34am
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

if Duffy was one of our 3 best players he'd still be playing in the English Premier League. He's a one trick pony.

What trick is that   ? 

Defending.
Sponsored Links

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 1:01am
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

if Duffy was one of our 3 best players he'd still be playing in the English Premier League. He's a one trick pony.

What trick is that   ? 

Defending.

How passé!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 8:38am

What trick is that   ? 

Defending.
LOL

He has firmly established himself as our best player. Now, that might not say much about the rest of them, but there we are.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I've enjoyed the performances (not the results) under Kenny.  Yesterday we saw our players extract themselves funder pressure from tight situations and kept the ball. I actually said to myself once or twice ''wow I didn't think we were capable of that''.  I was swriously impressed on a few occassions. Why?  Because I've seen us in those exact situations before panic and kick the ball away to the opposition.  Players are making triangles for the ball now and have one or two options every time.  Before nobody wanted it and it was chipped forwards or launched and lost 8 times out of 10. 
We also saw some clever little flicks and tricks.  Twice we kept possession from it and once we lost the ball because of it.  That's great as it shows the players have the freedom to try things and express their creativity not told to get rid of it and don't make a mistake.  If you eliminate all your mistakes you are also eliminating or severely limiting your creativity.  You can't have one without he other.  I am convinced this will come good.  Need a goalscorer and a couple of results to ge that bit of confidence.  IF Hourihane had stuck that ball in the net last week the performance and result would have been hailed.  We need some breaks too.  Kenny has had minus luck so far. 

This - we have been much better to watch.

The last time we actually played like this was Euro 2016. We were brutal for years and it was difficult to watch Ireland.

Once we somehow find out how to score we have the potential to put together some great performances and results.

We’re not going to the next World Cup but 2024 should be the aim.
In 2 years time a few of the U21 will be in the senior squad.
Hopefully Troy delivers. 

irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 10:22am
Off the ball Gave Noel King an Interview for some reason a very bitter man. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 10:28am

What trick is that   ? 

Defending.

I still say Duffy would have been a perfect match with Burnley .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 10:49am
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Was this last night? Was waiting for it and they didn't air it. Pretty sure I didnt miss it. 
Green Man View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 11:15am

He made a lot of fair points I thought. Keane has been throwing his tuppence in too.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Green Man Green Man wrote:

He made a lot of fair points I thought. Keane has been throwing his tuppence in too.

What were these fair points?

Any hypocrisy considering his own awful time in charge of the 21s?

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 11:42am
He felt Mccarthy should have been let finish his job only to be reminded it was a farcical situation that qualified us for the playoffs no thanks to anyone. He said its a results business it is ye Noel only managing to beat Gibraltar and Georgia are not good results. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 12:28pm

He felt Mccarthy should have been let finish his job only to be reminded it was a farcical situation that qualified us for the playoffs no thanks to anyone. He said its a results business it is ye Noel only managing to beat Gibraltar and Georgia are not good results. 

Noel king saying its a results business when he has had consistently bad results for 8 odd years with the u21s. By his own exclamation he should have been sacked before the end of year one.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 12:42pm
Noel King.  Imagine Frank Grimes going nuts wondering how Noel King gets paid for being absolutely useless.

Frank Grimes | Simpsons characters, The simpsons show, The simpsons

Edited by Trap junior - 16 Oct 2020 at 12:42pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 12:55pm
king brought up some taboos in Irish football. 

That we have a very poor domestic league and poor footballing infrastructure yet we expect good results by the national team.

One of Ireland’s most prominent football journalists has almost never been to a LOI game. 

When did Dunphy or giles or brady last pay in to a LOI football game?

The Irish football manager is just a role that becomes a fall guy for ireland not having a footballing culture.

We haven’t had a consistent champions league player since Damien Duff. 

We struggle massively with the evidence staring us in the face that we don’t have a good football team because we don’t have good footballers.

DalyerRegular View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 1:34pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by DalyerRegular DalyerRegular wrote:

Noel King interview here:

That's surely a banning offence?
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 8:42pm
Next game in 4 weeks and it might turn into a selection headache for Kenny if the trend of players in the squad are not playing.

Today Shane Long, odowda, Horgan get very little time on the pitch. I dont think Horgan starts games for wycombe very often and rarely plays a full game, Shane Long will play very little going forward.

Mcclean doesn't make the Stoke squad in championship and it doesn't look like O'Neil rates him.

Other concerns may be hourihane, arter and Brady who now seem bit part players. 

The better news is that Nathan Collins plays a full game, Jason Knight starts for Derby and idah plays the full 90 for Norwich.

Green Man View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 8:50pm
Most of our players are not starting or even playing for their clubs.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Green Man Green Man wrote:

Most of our players are not starting or even playing for their clubs.

Not true.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 107108109110111 735>
  Share Topic