FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's the Stephen Kenny Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 279280281282283 737>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Looks to have found Barrys replacement anyway. Said in his presser there he would have liked to announce it today but they've a few things to sort out and he will be named in the coming days ahead of these friendlies.

Hard to replace but its clear what a top class coach can add. Hopefully its good news.
Sponsored Links

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 3:17pm
Looks to have found Barrys replacement anyway. Said in his presser there he would have liked to announce it today but they've a few things to sort out and he will be named in the coming days ahead of these friendlies.
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 2:42pm
thought he looked half cut on the late late! 
It's not me it's you:-)
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

They're probably not competing for the same position either. Sykes is versatile but I'd expect him to play deeper than Ronan would. No issues if Ronan is also called up though, there's room for both given our current weakness in midfield.
yeah its 6/8 vs 8/10 but my thinking was Kilkenny would be ahead Sykes as a 6/8. hard to know until we see the squad 
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Kennys kids reporting he is calling up Sykes. Hopefully he is capping a bunch of players and having a look at a few. I hope to see Ronan too after seeing Sykes otherwise I will be confused.

It might be really good to see something a little more experimental. We know everything we're going to know about Duffy, hourihane, hendrick, mcclean etc 

I'm not suggesting they wouldn't be key players in a competitive game, they definitely would, but these are friendlies and we should maybe look to take advantage of that.

Half agree. Lithuania should see a much changed side, but we need to field our strongest XI vs Belgium. The squad only started to settle in Oct/Nov but there were still some players missing, so Kenny really still hasn't a proper chance at getting his preferred XI playing together much. It's been nearly 5 months since the last games, they need to prep for the Nations League.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 12:47pm
They're probably not competing for the same position either. Sykes is versatile but I'd expect him to play deeper than Ronan would. No issues if Ronan is also called up though, there's room for both given our current weakness in midfield.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 12:43pm

Kennys kids reporting he is calling up Sykes. Hopefully he is capping a bunch of players and having a look at a few. I hope to see Ronan too after seeing Sykes otherwise I will be confused.

What's to be confused about? Sykes is playing at a higher level, one that Ronan has already struggled at.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 12:39pm
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

This team announced today yeah?

Live squad announcement via YouTube @1:45 with SK.
Sound!
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 11:06am

Live squad announcement via YouTube @1:45 with SK.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 11:05am
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 10:10am

handy when your grandad is who he is. Tubridy had no other known talent

The man is a narcissist.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 9:25am
handy when your grandad is who he is. Tubridy had no other known talent
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 8:43am
At least he wasn’t asked to sing.  
AKA pedantic kunt
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 7:46am
Interview format and Tubridy asking poor questions and flip flopping between guests (ok that was the format) made for a sh*te interview. Wouldn’t take much from it.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 1:28am
Shocking air time and as usual from Tubridy forever interrupting his guests answers and/or answering for them before they get the chance to reply. Such a poor talk show host and interviewer.

I think Kenny would be a great guest and more suited to the Tommy Tiernan show. He has a way of connecting with people like Kenny and getting the best out of someone a bit quieter and reserved. Whenever Kenny opens up in a relaxed setting like that he has a lot of interesting stuff to talk about. Not just football but on life in general and the kid of person he is and how he thinks. He was very good on that supporters Q&A he done last year as well as well as other bits he done with OTB and LOI Weekly in the past.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 12:43am
behave LOL 

Watched it myself, spoke passionately about bringing young players through in the brief chat and then heartfelt about Ukraine when asked about the upcoming games. About to start crying is just about as over dramatic as you could get.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 12:01am
Interviewed on Late Late Show.  Thought he was about to start crying when he was speaking.  Quiver in the voice.

Any sign of a new coach?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 279280281282283 737>
  Share Topic