You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Censorship is alive and well

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Censorship is alive and well
    Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 7:58am
Between the flags confiscated and the lad with the bell trying to drown out the anti fai and Delaney chants, no free speech for Irish football fans 
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 8:24am
To be honest and I hate to say it. A lot of this is brought upon ourselves.
As someone pointed out if you were going to rob a bank you wouldn't broadcast it.

The FAI knew what was coming and acted. Simple as.

It is well known the FAI watch this forum and other fan forums, as well as social media channels for journalists (security used a picture tweeted by Daniel McDonnell)  they have a whole media team who they pay to do it.

my only advice is if you are going to plan to do something don't do it so public.

Not condoning the FAI's actions btw I think it's horrible subjecting fans the kind of treatment.

I bring my nephew to the games at home he asked me the other day why aren't we searched going into the ground like the are on the other side (south stand) we sit in the east so literally 100 steps away.

I couldn't give him an answer other then the FAI don't trust people in that stand. Of course trust should work both ways which on evidence of last night it doesn't.

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 8:52am
Totally agree, as soon as I saw the protest idea posted on YBIG, I knew this would happen. The only question for me is whether the organisers were
(a) stupid
(b) looking for the FAI to react like this so they could moan to Joe Duffy
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:07am
Missing the point lads, you should be able to organise a peaceful protest without having to worry about your FA checking a forum and clamping down on it. 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:14am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Missing the point lads, you should be able to organise a peaceful protest without having to worry about your FA checking a forum and clamping down on it. 

But what is to say it would go over peacefully?

The FAI hire security to avoid potential situations which could turn nasty and put a crowd into a frenzy.

What happens if they allow a banner into the crowd someone else takes offence to it and gives out and then it turns into a fight does that look good for the FAI with the Danish FA?

Imagine you invited people to a friends house and they had a fight with someone there would you not feel embarrassed by this?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:16am
You're mad if you think the gestapo would condone even a "peaceful" process. A flag draped with JD and "problem child" is not going to perceived as peaceful by Herr Delaney
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

d-mac View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d-mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:22am

Between the flags confiscated and the lad with the bell trying to drown out the anti fai and Delaney chants, no free speech for Irish football fans 

Serious question - Whats the story with the bell in the aviva? Why do they ring it?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:23am
Originally posted by d-mac d-mac wrote:

Serious question - Whats the story with the bell in the aviva? Why do they ring it?

It's a supporter. He's been ringing that damn bell for years. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:25am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

The FAI hire security to avoid potential situations which could turn nasty and put a crowd into a frenzy.

What happens if they allow a banner into the crowd someone else takes offence to it and gives out and then it turns into a fight does that look good for the FAI with the Danish FA?

Imagine you invited people to a friends house and they had a fight with someone there would you not feel embarrassed by this?

Sure if you applied thag logic to everything you could never have a protest or a debate anywhere incase it kicked off. 

Surprised at people taking the FAI side here. 
d-mac View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d-mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:25am
Cringy as f*ck...nearly as cringy as that James Mc Clean hates the queen chant.
Playing sh*te football, absoulte pain to watch, lets ring a bell. Knob!
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:31am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by d-mac d-mac wrote:

It's a supporter. He's been ringing that damn bell for years. 

He's a leaper..........sorry a Delaney sycophant
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:32am

Sure if you applied thag logic to everything you could never have a protest or a debate anywhere incase it kicked off. 

?
AS YOU WERE McGx

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:40am
If you want to protest about Delaney simply set up a night of action across LOI grounds and do not advertise it.
Take a big game like Rovers/Bohs or any televised again, get fans of both clubs to coordinate a protest at a certain time during the match. Have the protest replicated at the same time across the country.

But then again a lot of LOI fans want nothing to do with the international team.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

If you want to protest about Delaney simply set up a night of action across LOI grounds and do not advertise it.
Take a big game like Rovers/Bohs or any televised again, get fans of both clubs to coordinate a protest at a certain time during the match. Have the protest replicated at the same time across the country.

But then again a lot of LOI fans want nothing to do with the international team.

Lads you are fools to think that the FAI would not act on what has been said on here , now as CH says above . The only time this worked on our side was I think at the AGM in Sligo when a few on here said that they were going up to protest , hey the FAI fell for that one for sure as it wasn't going to happen LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:58am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

?

I'm not taking either side. I'm trying to make sense and use logic to explain  the situation you are giving out about
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 10:07am
I'm not phrasing myself well here!

It was always likely to be censored but the fact that we now expect and accept it isn't on, it shouldn't be like this. 

Yes, posting it was never going to help but what I'd said was A4s, they'd all gotten in no problem, the flags were a problem and the video doing the rounds is horrific pr for the fai, we couldn't lose there either way. 

Edited by nvidic - 20 Nov 2018 at 11:33am
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 11:18am
If LOI fans start anything at the grounds their teams get punished by FAI.  Honestly the best place to maybe hold a flag would be at 
(A) airport arrivals on the day before and day of the euro qualifier draw
(B) As close as possible as we could get to the convention centre the day of the euro draw.

JD hardly has control over the airport or dublin city streets 

Edited by t_rAndy - 20 Nov 2018 at 11:18am
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 11:22am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

If LOI fans start anything at the grounds their teams get punished by FAI.  Honestly the best place to maybe hold a flag would be at 
(A) airport arrivals on the day before and day of the euro qualifier draw
(B) As close as possible as we could get to the convention centre the day of the euro draw.

JD hardly has control over the airport or dublin city streets 
Think about this , if he can control what happens at grounds in Denmark and Serbia just think what he can do in Dublin Confused
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic