Forum Description: Qatar n' all in anyways
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=56707
Printed Date: 19 Mar 2024 at 5:49am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Censorship is alive and well
Posted By: nvidic
Subject: Censorship is alive and well
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 7:58am
Between the flags confiscated and the lad with the bell trying to drown out the anti fai and Delaney chants, no free speech for Irish football fans 

Replies:
Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 8:24am
To be honest and I hate to say it. A lot of this is brought upon ourselves.
As someone pointed out if you were going to rob a bank you wouldn't broadcast it.

The FAI knew what was coming and acted. Simple as.

It is well known the FAI watch this forum and other fan forums, as well as social media channels for journalists (security used a picture tweeted by Daniel McDonnell)  they have a whole media team who they pay to do it.

my only advice is if you are going to plan to do something don't do it so public.

Not condoning the FAI's actions btw I think it's horrible subjecting fans the kind of treatment.

I bring my nephew to the games at home he asked me the other day why aren't we searched going into the ground like the are on the other side (south stand) we sit in the east so literally 100 steps away.

I couldn't give him an answer other then the FAI don't trust people in that stand. Of course trust should work both ways which on evidence of last night it doesn't.

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 8:52am
Totally agree, as soon as I saw the protest idea posted on YBIG, I knew this would happen. The only question for me is whether the organisers were
(a) stupid
(b) looking for the FAI to react like this so they could moan to Joe Duffy

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:07am
Missing the point lads, you should be able to organise a peaceful protest without having to worry about your FA checking a forum and clamping down on it. 

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:14am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Missing the point lads, you should be able to organise a peaceful protest without having to worry about your FA checking a forum and clamping down on it. 

But what is to say it would go over peacefully?

The FAI hire security to avoid potential situations which could turn nasty and put a crowd into a frenzy.

What happens if they allow a banner into the crowd someone else takes offence to it and gives out and then it turns into a fight does that look good for the FAI with the Danish FA?

Imagine you invited people to a friends house and they had a fight with someone there would you not feel embarrassed by this?

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:16am
You're mad if you think the gestapo would condone even a "peaceful" process. A flag draped with JD and "problem child" is not going to perceived as peaceful by Herr Delaney

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: d-mac
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:22am

Between the flags confiscated and the lad with the bell trying to drown out the anti fai and Delaney chants, no free speech for Irish football fans 

Serious question - Whats the story with the bell in the aviva? Why do they ring it?

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:23am
Originally posted by d-mac d-mac wrote:

Serious question - Whats the story with the bell in the aviva? Why do they ring it?

It's a supporter. He's been ringing that damn bell for years. 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:25am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

The FAI hire security to avoid potential situations which could turn nasty and put a crowd into a frenzy.

What happens if they allow a banner into the crowd someone else takes offence to it and gives out and then it turns into a fight does that look good for the FAI with the Danish FA?

Imagine you invited people to a friends house and they had a fight with someone there would you not feel embarrassed by this?

Sure if you applied thag logic to everything you could never have a protest or a debate anywhere incase it kicked off. 

Surprised at people taking the FAI side here. 

Posted By: d-mac
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:25am
Cringy as f*ck...nearly as cringy as that James Mc Clean hates the queen chant.
Playing sh*te football, absoulte pain to watch, lets ring a bell. Knob!

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:31am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

He's a leaper..........sorry a Delaney sycophant

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:32am

Sure if you applied thag logic to everything you could never have a protest or a debate anywhere incase it kicked off. 

?

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:40am
If you want to protest about Delaney simply set up a night of action across LOI grounds and do not advertise it.
Take a big game like Rovers/Bohs or any televised again, get fans of both clubs to coordinate a protest at a certain time during the match. Have the protest replicated at the same time across the country.

But then again a lot of LOI fans want nothing to do with the international team.

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

If you want to protest about Delaney simply set up a night of action across LOI grounds and do not advertise it.
Take a big game like Rovers/Bohs or any televised again, get fans of both clubs to coordinate a protest at a certain time during the match. Have the protest replicated at the same time across the country.

But then again a lot of LOI fans want nothing to do with the international team.

Lads you are fools to think that the FAI would not act on what has been said on here , now as CH says above . The only time this worked on our side was I think at the AGM in Sligo when a few on here said that they were going up to protest , hey the FAI fell for that one for sure as it wasn't going to happen LOL

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:58am

?

I'm not taking either side. I'm trying to make sense and use logic to explain  the situation you are giving out about

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 10:07am
I'm not phrasing myself well here!

It was always likely to be censored but the fact that we now expect and accept it isn't on, it shouldn't be like this. 

Yes, posting it was never going to help but what I'd said was A4s, they'd all gotten in no problem, the flags were a problem and the video doing the rounds is horrific pr for the fai, we couldn't lose there either way. 

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 11:18am
If LOI fans start anything at the grounds their teams get punished by FAI.  Honestly the best place to maybe hold a flag would be at 
(A) airport arrivals on the day before and day of the euro qualifier draw
(B) As close as possible as we could get to the convention centre the day of the euro draw.

JD hardly has control over the airport or dublin city streets 

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 11:22am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

If LOI fans start anything at the grounds their teams get punished by FAI.  Honestly the best place to maybe hold a flag would be at 
(B) As close as possible as we could get to the convention centre the day of the euro draw.

Think about this , if he can control what happens at grounds in Denmark and Serbia just think what he can do in Dublin Confused

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Think about this , if he can control what happens at grounds in Denmark and Serbia just think what he can do in Dublin Confused

Of course he can LOL

Security of FAI calls Airport security saying

"Hi, we have some VIP's visiting they will be landing at this time, we expect there to be trouble can you please remove anyone you see with any signs criticising the FAI.

Likewise for Dublin Streets they contact the Garda.

I'll let SuperDave confirm this but I'd imagine both of the above would be considered disturbing the peace also in the airport which is a privately owned building seen as you'd be on private property and there would be some laws about that.

Posted By: houghton88
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 11:48am
I am organising a Protest outside the Convention Centre. 

PM me if you want in. Its going to count and be noticed.  

-------------
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.

Posted By: cliffrichard
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 11:56am
park up a tugboat in the liffey outside the conventiom centre 

LOLLOL

-------------
Touts Out!

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 12:05pm
had a good chat with the danish steward while he searched my bag he told me they were told to confiscate any items with John Delaney’s name on it.

To treat the people who pay his wages like criminals is not on and in any other country would be headline news but as long as the independent supporters clubs condone this nothing will h. happen

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 12:06pm
The Problem Child flag was the size of a stamp, ridiculously over the top carry on. They really are a sad little bunch at FAI hq 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

LOLLOL
LOL

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: OohAah...
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 1:46pm
https://www.change.org/p/football-association-of-ireland-remove-john-delaney-as-head-of-the-fai%20" rel="nofollow - https://www.change.org/p/football-association-of-ireland-remove-john-delaney-as-head-of-the-fai

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 3:29pm
Lads, what exactly was going on in that video?  I found it hard to decipher what was happening

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

LOLLOL
LOL

LOL

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: PaulB
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 4:40pm
Fans should be allowed to protest peacefully, at the end of the day we are the ones paying the money to watch the team, to buy programmes, merchandise etc.

Its a sad day when you are not allowed a say on who should be in charge of the countries national side, even worse when those in power are making sure any protests are kept minimal or stopped completely. Its a complete shambles from top to bottom. I have no doubt these people will try everything they can to stop fans having their say. They really need to look at themselves and ask are they best for the national set up. Will they though? will they balls.

Posted By: Tony Cousins
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Exactly, why should Rovers be hit with a huge fine?

Posted By: Lostandfound
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 5:10pm
Your man with the bell should be booed every time he rings it in Lansdowne in the future.

Posted By: gmfc90
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Your man with the bell should be booed every time he rings it in Lansdowne in the future.

We were laughing when he went for over a minute straight. Unbelievable stuff from him.

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Posted By: Twoinarow
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 5:20pm
is the lad with the bell same chap that does go every St Pats game and stands on tarmac side?

-------------
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght

Posted By: theheff1989
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

We were laughing when he went for over a minute straight. Unbelievable stuff from him.

That fooking bell. Angry 

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 6:45pm

To be honest and I hate to say it. A lot of this is brought upon ourselves.
As someone pointed out if you were going to rob a bank you wouldn't broadcast it.

The FAI knew what was coming and acted. Simple as.

It is well known the FAI watch this forum and other fan forums, as well as social media channels for journalists (security used a picture tweeted by Daniel McDonnell)  they have a whole media team who they pay to do it.

my only advice is if you are going to plan to do something don't do it so public.

Not condoning the FAI's actions btw I think it's horrible subjecting fans the kind of treatment.

I bring my nephew to the games at home he asked me the other day why aren't we searched going into the ground like the are on the other side (south stand) we sit in the east so literally 100 steps away.

I couldn't give him an answer other then the FAI don't trust people in that stand. Of course trust should work both ways which on evidence of last night it doesn't.

The same flag that was confiscated last night was in the stadium in Wroclaw and on show at the end of that match baby so your point is defunkt

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 1:03am
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

That fooking bell. Angry 
Same f**king eejit was still ringing the bell when we were 5-1 down to Denmark. Should be booed from now on instead of cheered

Posted By: brendy_éire
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

is the lad with the bell same chap that does go every St Pats game and stands on tarmac side?

It's a different person, AFAIK.

-------------
City Till I Die

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

It's a different person, AFAIK.
Yes defo different 

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 12:39pm

Well that coont should no longer be cheered but fookin booed 

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 1:19pm
He’s Davey Keogh’s buddy enough said🤮🤮

-------------

Posted By: irish_major
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

He’s Davey Keogh’s buddy enough said🤮🤮

Is it the old guy that always has the hat with the pins on? He's sound but I agree that the bell should be boo'd everytime it's rattled! 

We should all get in 45 mins early to one of the upcoming games for anti-delaney chants

-------------
Here we go again

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 2:14pm
https://www.change.org/p/football-association-of-ireland-remove-john-delaney-as-head-of-the-fai/psf/share?source_location=petition_show&psf_variant=combo" rel="nofollow - https://www.change.org/p/football-association-of-ireland-remove-john-delaney-as-head-of-the-fai/psf/share?source_location=petition_show&psf_variant=combo

-------------

Posted By: eireland
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 4:14pm

https://www.change.org/p/football-association-of-ireland-remove-john-delaney-as-head-of-the-fai/psf/share?source_location=petition_show&psf_variant=combo" rel="nofollow - https://www.change.org/p/football-association-of-ireland-remove-john-delaney-as-head-of-the-fai/psf/share?source_location=petition_show&psf_variant=combo

That's gaining a lot of traction. If it hits 10k the media will hopefully cover it. 

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 4:14pm
Don't think it is fair to mention Mr Keogh just because his mate rings a bell, he isn't on here (as far as I know) to defend his views and personally, I've never seen DK put in or out on anyone during an away trip, the man mainly minds his own business. 

I'd have an issue with the 'independence' of SC's in general, as their close relationship with the FAI automatically means that independence is compromised when it comes to issues like this. As regards confiscating the flags, maybe someone in the FAI (and once again gents, if you are reading this, good afternoon etc) should google 'Streisand Effect'. There is far more negative publicity in the confiscation of the flags than there would be had they let them in. As Pipkin pointed out earlier on, the flag was on display at the end of the Poland friendly & got no traction whatsoever, anywhere. Today, the main radio talkshow in the country is using an interview excerpt from Zeno as a promotional jingle/intro type thing.  

The protests at the game, fair play to the lads, they kept it up for the majority of the game. Any of us should be entitled to express negative views on either the rubbish football, or the failures of administration that directly lead to that situation, in my opinion.  Had a good view (of the Irish fans) at the back of lower section in Denmark, and while I personally don't agree with the bell ringer chap (thought his arm might fall off at one point)- those lads were not the only ones who didn't agree with the chanting at the game. 

2 lads in front of me, who I think were travelling together/mates had a very civil discussion during the game re the chants, one lad was joining in with the chants, his mate was silent, arms folded, stating we are only there to support the team. The singing chap had a different point of view. Some of the older fans I know & spoke to at the game didn't agree with it either, and that wasn't because they were pro JD or FAI or SC members. Maybe those buckos have a simplistic view, but they are entitled to it too. 

Anyway, in general, it's sh*te to see a division in Irish fans, hopefully the appointment of a new manager will take that away, even if only temporarily, for the new campaign, but tis unrealistic to expect that many people to have a uniform opinion on anything at all. JD/FAI will always have a core support whether anyone likes it or not, there will also be a certain number of fans who don't agree with negative chanting, regardless of the situation. 

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

That's gaining a lot of traction. If it hits 10k the media will hopefully cover it. 

1500 when I saw it yesterday, up to 6,000 +. 
If it hits 50,000 then pass it onto Shane 'what do I actually do' Ross LOL LOL LOL LOL

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

1500 when I saw it yesterday, up to 6,000 +. 
If it hits 50,000 then pass it onto Shane 'what do I actually do' Ross LOL LOL LOL LOL

Shane Ross another clown. He's probably pals with JD

Posted By: GreenArmy!
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 1:49am
Let me start by saying I would love nothing more than to wake up tomorrow and hear that Delaney is no longer our CEO.

Saying that, get a f*cking grip lads.
Booing "the lad who rings the bell" and giving out because of who he hangs around with is nonsensical. Im fed up with Delaney's reign just as much as the next man but what I'm also fed up with is fans turning on other fans over minor incidents.

Aside from the fact that I actually know "the lad with the bell" personally and he has been going for donkeys years the point has to be made that he is entitled to his opinion just as much as we are.

The point I made after the game in Aarhus is if a big group of lads started singing pro-Delaney songs you'd be sure as sh*t that we'd try and drown them out too.

Dont lose sight of the enemy lads. Its Delaney, not our fellow fans.

Posted By: Podge-SFC
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 5:20am
The most logical/effective form of protest would be to target the upcoming draw for the Euros in the convention centre. A simple banner draped along the opposite bank of the Liffey could be enough to cause a stir. 

Much to the embarrassment of Delaney in front of his UEFA cronies!

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 10:24am
Originally posted by GreenArmy! GreenArmy! wrote:

Let me start by saying I would love nothing more than to wake up tomorrow and hear that Delaney is no longer our CEO.

Booing "the lad who rings the bell" and giving out because of who he hangs around with is nonsensical. Im fed up with Delaney's reign just as much as the next man but what I'm also fed up with is fans turning on other fans over minor incidents.

Aside from the fact that I actually know "the lad with the bell" personally and he has been going for donkeys years the point has to be made that he is entitled to his opinion just as much as we are.

The point I made after the game in Aarhus is if a big group of lads started singing pro-Delaney songs you'd be sure as sh*t that we'd try and drown them out too.

Good post lad, Deise too as always.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Podge-SFC Podge-SFC wrote:

The most logical/effective form of protest would be to target the upcoming draw for the Euros in the convention centre. A simple banner draped along the opposite bank of the Liffey could be enough to cause a stir. 

Theres a WhatsApp group set up with about 200 people in it. Huge things planned I hear. A few lads work beside the convention centre,and are planning on hanging flags out windows. Another lad has a boat and will have it on the Liffey with flags and megaphone. Some great ideas being put forward that will be in full eyes of the worlds media

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 10:45am

Theres a WhatsApp group set up with about 200 people in it. Huge things planned I hear. A few lads work beside the convention centre,and are planning on hanging flags out windows. Another lad has a boat and will have it on the Liffey with flags and megaphone. Some great ideas being put forward that will be in full eyes of the worlds media

Which the FAI now know about Thumbs Up

Good job Clap

Posted By: LO SCIENZIATO
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 11:20am

must say some great idea's in that group BSM. the banners in surrounding hotels etc that delegates will be staying in is a great idea. 

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Don't think it is fair to mention Mr Keogh just because his mate rings a bell, he isn't on here (as far as I know) to defend his views and personally, I've never seen DK put in or out on anyone during an away trip, the man mainly minds his own business. 

I'd have an issue with the 'independence' of SC's in general, as their close relationship with the FAI automatically means that independence is compromised when it comes to issues like this. As regards confiscating the flags, maybe someone in the FAI (and once again gents, if you are reading this, good afternoon etc) should google 'Streisand Effect'. There is far more negative publicity in the confiscation of the flags than there would be had they let them in. As Pipkin pointed out earlier on, the flag was on display at the end of the Poland friendly & got no traction whatsoever, anywhere. Today, the main radio talkshow in the country is using an interview excerpt from Zeno as a promotional jingle/intro type thing.  

The protests at the game, fair play to the lads, they kept it up for the majority of the game. Any of us should be entitled to express negative views on either the rubbish football, or the failures of administration that directly lead to that situation, in my opinion.  Had a good view (of the Irish fans) at the back of lower section in Denmark, and while I personally don't agree with the bell ringer chap (thought his arm might fall off at one point)- those lads were not the only ones who didn't agree with the chanting at the game. 

2 lads in front of me, who I think were travelling together/mates had a very civil discussion during the game re the chants, one lad was joining in with the chants, his mate was silent, arms folded, stating we are only there to support the team. The singing chap had a different point of view. Some of the older fans I know & spoke to at the game didn't agree with it either, and that wasn't because they were pro JD or FAI or SC members. Maybe those buckos have a simplistic view, but they are entitled to it too. 

Anyway, in general, it's sh*te to see a division in Irish fans, hopefully the appointment of a new manager will take that away, even if only temporarily, for the new campaign, but tis unrealistic to expect that many people to have a uniform opinion on anything at all. JD/FAI will always have a core support whether anyone likes it or not, there will also be a certain number of fans who don't agree with negative chanting, regardless of the situation. 

Could easily have been me and Charlton's Child : you obviously missed the bit where we eventually agreed I was right !!!! LOL

Seriously though, everybody should have the right to protest within the law and everybody should have the right to not protest and not have that held against them if they don't. 

I do get annoyed by people who don't protest because they think JD is doing a good job or he has looked after them in some way in the past for that's a different argument. 

Posted By: Ecumenical Matter
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 2:15pm
The FAI confiscating banners is way out of order. I wonder if its even legal. Fans are entitled to legitimate protest and the flag could never be classed as offensive by any reasonable person. 

If you want to look for offensive you could start with the “James McClean hates the f*****g queen” chant.  Apart from the challenge of singing it without sounding like a complete moron, we are attributing hatred of a 90 plus great grandmother to a player who has enough on his plate already. He should at least be asked. 

As for the split in the fans, I found Monday fairly depressing.  In all the years I am at this, through good times and bad,  I always felt that the team came first and that the reason we were there was to give them as much support as possible. You can hardly criticise a player for lack of effort if you don’t put in a shift yourself. All the other stuff, getting away with your mates, the pints, seeing foreign cities, was a bonus. 

I have no time at all for Delaney and his gang, and a good protest is fine by me and well warranted given the state of Irish football, but on Monday it went on so long that it became self indulgent and seemed more important than what was happening on the pitch. Shouting down those people trying to get behind their team is not on.  And as for those “supporters” chanting “we’re sh*te” (apparently unaware of the irony) while the game was going on, enough said. 

A protest at the draw sounds much more interesting or perhaps at the 13th minute to “celebrate” each year of our beloved leader’s reign. 

Hopefully a new manager will get us back on track, on the pitch and in the stand at least.

Posted By: BigPodge
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by GreenArmy! GreenArmy! wrote:

While I don't see the point in booing the fella he did roar abuse at a bunch of us in 114 after a game for singing anti-Delaney/FAI chants, said we were a disgrace and ruined the game for everyone, I presume he's one of JD's butt monkeys....

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 3:05pm

Good job Clap

I've a sneaky feeling BSM was possible yanking the urine there mate. LOL

-------------

Posted By: Neil Armstrong
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Good job Clap

I've a sneaky feeling BSM was possible yanking the urine there mate. LOL

Black Ops or should I say Green Ops!

-------------
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!

Posted By: ProudAndLoud
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 4:06pm
Jimmy the Bell Ringer is a nice man and a great supporter of our team through good and bad days. I dont want to take sides but try keep the personal stuff off this.
Hopefully for all we get back on track soon whether with a new CEO of not im not so sure and doubt very much.

Posted By: Lostandfound
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 4:18pm
Nothing to do with whether he is a nice man or not, he quite freely made the decision to try to drown out anti-Delaney chanting with his little bell. 

Posted By: ProudAndLoud
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 4:22pm
Ok I saw that somewhere here and didnt even realise that and didnt think so obvious at match. If he rings a bell he rings a bell, big deal, I went for a pi*s at half time thats a big deal as well!!
Divides dont help us.

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 4:22pm

Good job Clap

They may know about it but I'd like to see them stop the fly over with the Delaney out banner. Banner made and plane already paid for. World media are going to have a field day.

Let's be realistic though lads. Even when JD retires he will be replaced by a like minded man and the same old lads doing the electing will still be on the board. It probably won't change a thing. 

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 10:45am

Nothing to do with whether he is a nice man or not, he quite freely made the decision to try to drown out anti-Delaney chanting with his little bell. 

A couple of points on this. 

A few things that happened during the day meant I was slightly agitated by 2nd half of the match and I said something along the lines of ‘stop with the f**king bell’ and the bell man barked back. However, more importantly it must be acknowledged he did acknowledge we have our differences at the end of the game and we shook hands/acknowledged each other but naturally will be left at that and he instigated that and deserved credit for that - not sure but who knows if it means he will think twice about doing it again. 

Secondly, George who was abused by the scientist on here last week and whom I’ve disagreed with over the years and felt let down by his comments on liveline agreed before the match he wouldn’t drum during delaney chants to which he stuck to. 

Dialogue goes a long way and I’m sure both would respect our views - and George certainly does. 

That’s all a bit wishy washy but we all have our views and the bell probably antagonized lads to sing louder - I was certainly hoarse by the end of the match. 

At this moment the anti Delaney crowd is much larger than the pro and we need to concentrate on creating noise and our own banners rather than instigating infighting.

Let’s make ourselves heard on Sunday week at the convention center or in the vicinity

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 11:42am
One more thing - the use of a tragedy by Joseph McGlue as an excuse to personally call fans to request the postponement of the protest on Monday night was stomach churning. Whilst printing copies of a Delaney Out flag to disburse to Danish stewards I may add. 

On par with his boss.

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

One more thing - the use of a tragedy by Joseph McGlue as an excuse to personally call fans to request the postponement of the protest on Monday night was stomach churning. Whilst printing copies of a Delaney Out flag to disburse to Danish stewards I may add. 

On par with his boss.

Dead That's low but not at all surprising.

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

On par with his boss.

Absolutely not. That man is the lowest of the low being the public name behind that dictator.

The sooner McGlue goes the better

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 9:03pm

On par with his boss.

Absolutely not. That man is the lowest of the low being the public name behind that dictator.

We're stuck with him.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

On par with his boss.

We're stuck with him.

Never met a more derogatory human being in my life

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 9:20pm

On par with his boss.

We're stuck with him.
Super👍

-------------

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 9:25pm

On par with his boss.

We're stuck with him.
Super👍
There's no way he is going now when we have no more Neills.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 9:52pm

On par with his boss.

We're stuck with him.
Super👍

Agree - the scumbag only in his position because of his father

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net