You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adam Idah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 100>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 6:04pm
Shouldn't be too impressed with the lad, had he scored one left foot, one right foot and headed the penalty in for the perfect hattrick I'd say ok... but he didn't so.
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Fair play to him, still think there are questions over his touch and overall skillset but he played really well today.
😂😂😂some of the tubes you’ve put forward and your questioning this lad!

What?
We're decent enough..
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Doubt there are many Irish players who've scored a hat trick?

Fair play to the lad. Should probably see more of him now.

Previous  Irish player to score an FA cup hat trick??

edit: staunton popped into my head but that was a league cup game
Callum Robinson got one for Preston in 2014, before that Simon Cox notched one in January 2012
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 6:48pm
What the goal highlights don't show is, possibly his biggest strength, his robust hold-up play, including a comfortable first touch and ability to shield the ball.  

He's the kind of player that makes the players around him look good. Meaning at U21 level he's shown himself apt at providing ball and space for the likes of Ronan, Connolly, Parrott, Kilkenny, Knight, El Zoubedi, Mandriou et al.  Afolabi is in a similar mould. Big, mobile, nice touch.

It was notable that Kenny recently said the Italy 0-0 home draw was probably his best performance - an intense battle of a game in which he generally got the better of a solid Serie A defence and the Inter Milan starting centre-half, Bastoni, who was marking him.  

Idah's been consistently good in that role for the U21s, with the arguable exception of the Brazil semi final where he was isolated and couldn't get into the game - no criticism there though as we were playing their Olympic side so more senior pros with seasons of first team experience who were 4 years older than most of our lads. 

Edited by Luis Amor Rodriguez - 04 Jan 2020 at 7:41pm
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 11:12pm
Gabby Yorath talking through her crack on MOD, stating McCarthy has to cap him to keep hold of him, why, is he going back playing GAA or something

Edited by Howdo - 04 Jan 2020 at 11:13pm
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 11:16pm
Bizarre from Gabby Logan.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Bobilla1 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobilla1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 11:17pm
Father Nigerian, but dont think theres any worries. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

Gabby Yorath talking through her crack on MOD, stating McCarthy has to cap him to keep hold of him, why, is he going back playing GAA or something

Ya i like gabby but she misrepresented him there. She also said mick was at the game apparantley. He was working for BT on the Wolves game this evening. Ya she must assume he is english or sumink. Did he come through their academy? Isnt he only there like a year or two. Not much research from Gabby on a few things there. Poor.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 11:24pm
She said it as though she was quoting Mick. It was fairly odd.
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 11:26pm
Sure mick will still pick Collins and that Hogan fella over him LOL
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 11:38pm
Took his goals well

Was he not offside though for the move that led to him winning the penalty?
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 11:42pm
VAR would have ruled out the 3rd. Thankfully it wasnt there. 
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 12:02am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

VAR would have ruled out the 3rd. Thankfully it wasnt there. 

I thought the other player played him on to be honest
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 12:38am

Fair play to him, still think there are questions over his touch and overall skillset but he played really well today.

I’m sorry but you aren’t playing for a Premier League club if your touch isn’t good enough. Touch and overall skill set is what gets these guys signed for top level professional teams. Almost every other attribute required can be learned but a player’s touch is more often than not an innate skill.

Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 2:11am
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

I’m sorry but you aren’t playing for a Premier League club if your touch isn’t good enough. Touch and overall skill set is what gets these guys signed for top level professional teams. Almost every other attribute required can be learned but a player’s touch is more often than not an innate skill.

Agree with that, Bundy.  

The other thing that it's easy to forget about him, is that for all his touch and general hold-up play being strong - as well as, surprising to me anyway seeing him at U21, his pace today skinning lads - Idah is still only 18 and is already a big boy.  

He's got a whole lot of physical development to go, so we should hope and expect him to get even better in that department. 

In fairness to O'Shea's rather myopic and characteristically unexplained assertion, O'Shea has likely only seen Idah playing underage for Ireland at U-21, where he's tended to play as a sole front man against two, often excellent, centre-backs (e.g.: the Brazil Olympic team, Mexico Olympic team, Bastoni, Inter Milan's £30 mil centre-half etc.), and his role is much more to bring the line of three players behind him into it.  

Although Idah makes a nuisance of himself and creates space for others, it's harder to impress and look fully relaxed when you're playing with your back to goal and up against players of that quality.  Nonetheless, I felt Idah did well in all of those games (with the arguable exception of Brazil).  Particularly so in the Italy game, where you could see their back 4 were scared of him, and had to resort to cynically hacking him down a few times.  

Edited by Luis Amor Rodriguez - 05 Jan 2020 at 2:44am
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 2:25am
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

Like I said previously . Some no mark like Jackie connors from Dagenham reserves who couldn’t trap a bag of cement will be possibly the next big thing with O’Shea . But a young Irish lad doing well!????
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 2:32am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Two great finishes, but these games are little more than friendlies.

Rubbish. Utter rubbish.

Why did both teams put reserve teams out?

Norwich's objective is to stay in the EPL and Preston on the other hand are trying to get into the EPL.

That's your answer.

Prima and horsey,official spokesmen for the ybig conservatives !
Who is Prima?
Sorry. I was eating a sandwich and typing . Auto correct put in primadonna. I know that’s not you 🤔do I shortened it to prima. At least you don’t disagree with the conservative bit. 👍
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 2:44am
f**kin Louis Prima
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 100>
  Share Topic