You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adam Idah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 100>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 10:26pm
To be fair to SeaSharp, I looked and he is generally right, Idah not getting much credit on Norwich message board and on some other thing I looked at he had the lowest mark out of 10 for a Norwich player. All I can say is it was easily the best I've seen from Idah since Portugal away. Looked string and fast and his touch/ hold up play was very good. Looked knackered for the last 20 mins but not subbed as he was the out ball. I think he will get a run if stays injury free and think goals will follow (to be fair, they need to follow).
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 10:28pm
Team only won 3-1, his legs are gone.
We're decent enough..
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

started again tonight, up front on his own. Norwich 2 up at HT and Idah has been very good. Really leading the line - though should probably have scored by now. Suspect manager will be very happy with him. Btw, find Norwichs first goal somewhere, one of the best volleys you will ever see.
You're in the minority with that opinion.. Norwich fans extremely critical of him. Poor finishing and caught offside too many times seem to be the sticking points. Fans can be very fickle with young strikers though

Watched it all. He was excellent.

OK, but that doesn't count.

Your man there looked at a few Twitter comments and is clearly in a better position to judge his performance than someone who watched the game.
Pretty sure the Norwich fans criticising him were also watching the game but alright 

Are you on telling them their wrong also then? Bit hard to chime in with an opinion when you haven't watched the match is it not?
I didn't even give an opinion, just conveying what Norwich fans had made of his performanceConfused I didn't say he was in the wrong either, said he was in a minority. Learn to read and calm down 

Fair enough, I'm perfectly calm and capable of reading. 

Maybe watch a match before relaying the toxic sh*te you see on SM though Confused

Clearly not in this instance though? LOL

You accused someone of "chiming in with an opinion" who never did that.

The views of the supporters of a particular club who one of ours is playing for, is always nice to know.
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 10:45pm
Found an interesting interview with Wagner from pre game, had the following to say of Idah...

"..Wagner is an admirer of the 21-year-old and the Canaries boss backs the striker to step up amid Sargent and Pukki’s absence.

“If not a lot of strikers are available it’s totally clear who will get the shirt. I’ve said before, I love Adam. I think he is a real talent," Wagner told The Pink Un in his pre-match press conference. “We should not forget how serious his injury was, how hard he worked, how long he was out, how less game time he had in the past. Now, obviously, he gets a lot of minutes under his belt, which for sure he needs.

“To be honest I didn’t think when the two weeks busy period started that it would be as much as what it looks like now to be, but as long as he can deliver physically then he needs these minutes and we will build him, we will do everything to get Adam to the level where we think he can be and for this he needs now this game time.

“Even if we have to make sure to manage him in the right manner because when you haven’t played for a long period, now you play a lot of minutes, there can be a moment where you maybe feel a little bit tired. But I look in his eyes, I’ve done it [Sunday], I can’t see this coming. Hopefully he will perform on a high level with energy and this is exactly what I expect from him"
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Are you on telling them their wrong also then? Bit hard t

Clearly not in this instance though? LOL

LOL

OK settle down pet. Poor choice of wording maybe.

Perfectly fine reading the views of fans of the club. Replying to another poster who is watching the match with negative views of said fans is a bit different.

Can see a lot of praise for him though. He's a striker, if he doesn't score the general consensus from fans on online platforms is gonna be toxic.

Edited by Badgersboys9 - 21 Feb 2023 at 11:01pm
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 11:39am
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

http://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/151539-is-idah-the-worst-striker-to-ever-play-for-norwich/#comments

A mixture of comments. LOL
Not the worst, but bang average. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

http://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/151539-is-idah-the-worst-striker-to-ever-play-for-norwich/#comments

First time he's played 3 full games in a row (9 days) in his career and they won 2 of the 3. He is recovering from a serious injury and based on his manager's words, he is clearly held in high regard at the club. Hopefully the goals will come in due course, but for now I think we should all be happy that he is back out on the pitch and getting regular football. He remains a great prospect as long as he can put the run of injuries behind him, he has all the tools necessary to be a top level striker imo, big, strong, quick and technically proficient.
Idah Dream!
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

First time he's played 3 full games in a row (9 days) in his career and they won 2 of the 3. He is recovering from a serious injury and based on his manager's words, he is clearly held in high regard at the club. Hopefully the goals will come in due course, but for now I think we should all be happy that he is back out on the pitch and getting regular football. He remains a great prospect as long as he can put the run of injuries behind him, he has all the tools necessary to be a top level striker imo, big, strong, quick and technically proficient.

Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2023 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Exactly.

Smallbone is a good example of why people need to be patient with Idah. Similar story regarding bad injuries and sporadic gametime. Smallbone now playing consistently for the first time in his career, but it has taken him over half a season of starts for him to hit the good form he's been in in recent weeks (26 league starts, 1 Cup start, 13 full 90's).

That's exactly what Idah needs, too. Hopefully these games are the beginning of that. Norwich have 5 more games between now & the international break, would be great for him to keep getting starts and be someway match-fit for us for the first time.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2023 at 2:03pm
Another start, great to see.
Maybe a goal today Handshake
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2023 at 2:14pm
There's an Irish man starting in every game in the Championship today. I make only 4 didn't have at least one starter - Sunderland, Watford, Huddersfield and Luton. 

Best of luck Adam. 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2023 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

There's an Irish man starting in every game in the Championship today. I make only 4 didn't have at least one starter - Sunderland, Watford, Huddersfield and Luton. 

Best of luck Adam. 

Interesting stat that. Nice one.
El Puto Amo
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2023 at 3:56pm
Half time and I'm seeing that Idah has had 4 touches and commited 2 fouls 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2023 at 5:42pm
A striker perfect for the defend from the front role, offers zero if you want to win games.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2023 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

A striker perfect for the defend from the front role, offers zero if you want to win games.
Another start, another win for his team!
Idah Dream!
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2023 at 5:53pm
Exactly yeah, team won, doesn't matter if he scores or not so long as he was running around rather than sitting down
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2023 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Norwich won 2-0?
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 100>
  Share Topic