You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adam Idah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 100>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 5:04pm
Norwich taking a big risk leaving him on the pitch for 100 minutes. I wouldn't be pleased about that at all.
Sponsored Links

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 5:07pm
Kinda fish out of water out wide. But he really needs to realise he is a big lad and needs more effort and more agression. Plays very tame for a big guy. Was a 6/10 maybe. Hopefully new manager will be good for him. AO came on and he really is lovely on the ball. Def feel he can play at a higher level. Might end up not being a centre halve though. 
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 5:09pm
Played well but he is not a right winger. Playing 3 centre forwards in a front 3 isn't the best tactically either in my view. At least the minutes are good for him hope it isn't too much too soon though and he gets to play his actual position at some point.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 5:14pm
Seen some of this game and Norwich were chronic anyway. No real nice play or ideas upfront. Pukki is always going to be the centre forward so Idah isnt involved as much anyway. Half the time hes out on the wing or with his back to goal laying off the ball. Games aeem to pass him by a lot of the time.
I love beer gardens
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Seen some of this game and Norwich were chronic anyway. No real nice play or ideas upfront. Pukki is always going to be the centre forward so Idah isnt involved as much anyway. Half the time hes out on the wing or with his back to goal laying off the ball. Games aeem to pass him by a lot of the time.

I don't think the game passed him by. That would imply that there was something going on around him. I don't think there was. He was actually used quite a lot with balls down the side, over the top and into feet but all in wide areas. If he's central and the supply is better then he's far more dangerous. He ran in behind and took on his man a few times but in wide areas where all he could do was cross or win a corner. 

His teammates clearly identified him as an outlet and trusted him. I thought he had a good 6.5/10 game too, should have maintained his confidence levels and got minutes into the legs.

With Pukki about I doubt he'll get the centre forward spot. His best hope is 4-2-2-2 which or 4-2-3-1 either beside or behind Pukki which Smith did last season. 
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 7:40pm
Yeah similar views here, he did OK and no worse than the other Norwich players but you couldn't say he had a great game. I'd say a similar type of performance to the ones he has put in for Ireland. Agree completely on him needing to use his size more, he is a fast, strong and powerful lad who should be able to really intimidate defenders. He still plays like the young lad getting his first chance. 
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 10:06pm
Anyone see Norwich game today?How did the two boys (idah and Andrew)get on ?

Edited by aviva8 - 08 Jan 2023 at 10:07pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 10:32pm
Omobamidele was very solid. His central defensive partner, Hanley, was very much the opposite of solid though and cost them the game.

Idah struggled to have an impact and was subbed off before the hour mark.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 10:53pm
Norwich are trying him out wide. He is not effective there at all. he is a 9 and never anything else.
Why ruin a lads confidence.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 3:17pm
Playing with the Norwich Under 21 side today, which isn't a great sign, but getting some minutes under his belt anyway. Has scored one already but missed a few other chances.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Playing with the Norwich Under 21 side today, which isn't a great sign, but getting some minutes under his belt anyway. Has scored one already but missed a few other chances.
Makes sense to keep him ticking over and building up fitness seeing as Norwich don't have a game this weekend 
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 3:56pm
Abu Kamara (19) has scored 2 goals in the same game. That's 11 goals from 10 PL2 games this season.

Idah is 22 next month. He needs to leave Norwich soon or his career will stagnate. 

The injuries and lack of starts have really hampered his development.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 4:17pm
It feels like Adam is about two years behind where he should be in terms of development with all the injuries. Also, when he has been fit, he has often been limited to sub minutes for Norwich but has never been seen as sufficiently surplus for them to let him go on loan. If Norwich don't get promoted it feels like it will just continue this way for another while (if they got promoted they'd probably let him go, either on loan or permanently).
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 4:25pm
its not Idahs fault he has had a terrible run with injury and i wouldnt worry that he was playing under21 to get some extra fitness.
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

Abu Kamara (19) has scored 2 goals in the same game. That's 11 goals from 10 PL2 games this season.

Idah is 22 next month. He needs to leave Norwich soon or his career will stagnate. 

Are you saying Kamara is now ahead of him because hes scored goals in PL2? His lack of starts have been from the injuries..no? Dont think he needs to leave at all - if he stays injury free the starts will follow.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Are you saying Kamara is now ahead of him because hes scored goals in PL2? His lack of starts have been from the injuries..no? Dont think he needs to leave at all - if he stays injury free the starts will follow.
At his age now he needs to be moving on if there's not 25/30+ starts a season going for him in the championship. 
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

At his age now he needs to be moving on if there's not 25/30+ starts a season going for him in the championship. 

Hard to start when your injured - if he stays injury free till end of season he will get plenty of gametime. Still another 18 league games left for Norwich this season.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 4:41pm

No. But he'll be in the mix. He's been prolific at PL2 level for 2 years now. Debut soon.

He's never really been a 1st choice player when fit. Pukki has been their talisman for years, and now Sargent has stepped up this season.

Idah has started 15 of his 64 games for Norwich. 7 PL starts and 3 Championship starts.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 100>
  Share Topic