Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adam Idah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 100>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 12:43pm
It would be great to see, and fortunately, qualification for the next major tournament doesn’t start for a while yet.

The problem is though, the longer it takes for these young forwards to progress their club career, the more I might question continuing to play them internationally, on the assumption that it will stand to them, and one day they will click. The reality is, there is currently as much reason to leave the 21s and call up Long, Collins, Hogan and Maguire. None of these lads are particularly prolific, but play regularly enough, and chip in with goals here and there.
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 12:50pm
I believe he needs to drop a level and get regular game time. He has been q but woeful in front of goal, snatching at things. He has other good attributes though. 
Championship or even a stint in L1 to get a proper run of games and ideally more target practice on match day I think would do him a better service than another half season on the fringes
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

This is key from above.

Idah turns 21 next month, and across 2 years in Norwich's senior squad he's got 49 appearances. Only 7 starts. For Ireland, 13 caps (10 starts), 0 goals, 0 assists, barely a shot on target.

Let’s be honest here he is playing in sides that don’t create many chances and score less so any striker would struggle to get goals in these teams.

Had he not been injured last season he wouldn’t have been far off 10 championship goals.

If he got that and above next year with Norwich most likely back in the championship that would be fantastic for him.

Dean Smith plays good attacking football too in the championship 

He played very little in the Championship the last time too, it will be no different next time.

Apart from Portugal, all the sides he played against were quite mediocre too.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Last year he was injured to be fair. Otherwise I think it would be a different story today.

Idah has bucketloads of potential, he's quick, strong, runs at players and lots more attributes to boot.

But the stop start inclusion in games and just throwing him on for a few minutes is not really helping.

I'd be happy to see him drop to L1 even though I think he's good enough for the championship just so he can get going and show what he can do.

But he is not been thrown in for minutes here and there since Smith has came the vast majority of time when he has appeared for smith he comes in for at least 20 minutes he has also started 2 games and completed the 90 minutes on one of those occasions.
If Smith didn’t fancy him he would have him shipped out simple as he that.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 2:41pm

Last year he was injured to be fair. Otherwise I think it would be a different story today.

Idah has bucketloads of potential, he's quick, strong, runs at players and lots more attributes to boot.

But the stop start inclusion in games and just throwing him on for a few minutes is not really helping.

I'd be happy to see him drop to L1 even though I think he's good enough for the championship just so he can get going and show what he can do.

Ridiculous, he's far too good to be playing in League 1. He should be looking at a decent continental team where he'll actually get chances. Alternatively, he can just sit it out and wait for Norwich to get relegated.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Ridiculous, he's far too good to be playing in League 1. He should be looking at a decent continental team where he'll actually get chances. Alternatively, he can just sit it out and wait for Norwich to get relegated.

Based on what exactly?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 3:26pm
Lots of stupid stats about games he was involved in. I would say that 5 mins at the end of games is nearly detrimental to his development. He ends up trying to do special things straight away to make an impact when he should just concentrate on doing the right thing.

I think he has a big future but he definitely needs 70 mins plus per week. League 1 would do him no harm because he would need to learn to use his frame better. Big strong lad but doesn't use it as well as he could. 

Regular game time might improve his touch. Or a chat with Big Niall. I remember Quinns touch when he was with Arsenal ...... mother of god! Compare that to when he was with City. Like 2 different players.

He needs to take his career by the horns. Talk to the manager, see how much he is in his plans for next few months and make a decision. It is the same attribute he needs to learn on the pitch ....drive. Don't let things drift.
It's not me it's you:-)
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

But he is not been thrown in for minutes here and there since Smith has came the vast majority of time when he has appeared for smith he comes in for at least 20 minutes he has also started 2 games and completed the 90 minutes on one of those occasions.
If Smith didn’t fancy him he would have him shipped out simple as he that.

Mate, you're missing the point. It doesn't matter that Smith is playing him a bit more than Farke was. Idah could start every game for Norwich for the rest of the season but not get much out of it because he's not playing attacking football.

Norwich, in 19 games have scored 8 & conceded 42. Their xG is 0.95. They're getting battered. That is not somewhere a young striker is going to develop no matter how many minutes you give him.

It's not about being too good for League 1. It's about getting a move to a team that will cover what he needs for his development short term:
1. Getting regular 90 minutes.
2. Playing a solid amount of attacking football where he can score goals.

[Look at Bazunu, Ogbene, McClean, even Parrott. All have been far more use to Ireland while playing in L1 than Idah has been while getting minutes off the bench in the PL]

Mid-season moves can be tricky. I think Idah has shown he can be handy at a top Championship club, he got 3 goals & 1 assist in 325minutes (less than 4 full games) for Norwich last season. So if a Huddersfield, or Middlesbrough, or Forest were to guarantee him the consistent starts, then great, I think he could handle that.

But realistically those clubs are probably looking for more experienced options & if he didn't hit the ground running he'd be back on the bench.

If the only Championship options are the Barnsleys & Peterboroughs, forget it.

In League 1 his odds of getting consistent starts at a club playing plenty attacking football would be much higher, and as I said, right now that's the most important thing for him right now:

-Regular starts, playing attacking football, scoring goals. The level he does that at for the rest of the season just doesn't matter.

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 6:54pm
Starts with Pukki, so likely out wide.
Not sure he's great out there but at least it's a start.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Their graphic on social media has their formation as 4-4-2
geansaí View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geansaí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Their graphic on social media has their formation as 4-4-2

You'd assume Rashica and Placheta would be the wide players so looks like it could be 442.
Would be interesting to see how Idah links up with Pukki instead of being isolated like he usually is, that's if Norwich can actually get the ball to them 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 7:39pm
Cheers lads.
Assumed 4-3-3 or a variant, but two up top is far more interesting from our perspective.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 7:51pm
Started last two league games needs to move asap. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 7:59pm
That's his 5th start for Norwich in the 2 years since he started against United. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 7:59pm
looking very sharp so far, just teed up a nice chance there was was wasted.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 8:10pm

More assured and confident tonight. Let's hope he can have a goal involvement to settle him. 
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 8:12pm

What channel?
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 8:12pm
Don't think it's on tv but you'll get a stream on hesgoal
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 100>
  Share Topic