Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adam Idah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 100>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Linked as part of Norwich move for Adam Armstrong 

Linked where? I did a Google and can't find anything. I'd imagine they'd far prefer to swap Hugill or someone with a lower ceiling for Armstrong. 

Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 9:26pm
I would be shocked if they sold Idah. A loan maybe and it would be potentially a great loan if he could get it. Would be happy to see himself or Obafemi end up there.

Edited by kevin100 - 04 Aug 2021 at 9:28pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 9:41pm
Alan Nixon's the source, and he's fairly reliable.

Pity as Idah is one of the lads who I thought had a decent chance of figuring occasionally this season.

I was going through all 20 teams and I frankly cannot think of a single player who is guaranteed to be a starter in the PL this season.

Clark is out in the cold at Newcastle. Hendrick's out of favour. Hourihane, Duffy, Molumby and S. Long are non-starters. Spurs have apparently transfer-listed Doherty. Randolph's been told he can leave West Ham. Coventry and Richards miles away from their first teams. Kelleher second choice. K. Long and Obafemi are squad players (assuming the latter stays). At 19, Omobamidele's unlikely to be thrown in. Smallbone's on the injury list with Southampton spending big. Connolly's game time has been diminishing drastically and I would expect him to be loaned out.

Collins and Coleman are the only ones I'd give a slight chance of figuring from the start, and I can see Coleman transitioning firmly into a squad role from hereon out under Benitez.

Depressing stuff.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 9:49pm

Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Linked as part of Norwich move for Adam Armstrong 

Linked where? I did a Google and can't find anything. I'd imagine they'd far prefer to swap Hugill or someone with a lower ceiling for Armstrong. 

That's mad. There are a heap of Norwich supporters under that Tweet not happy with the thought of Idah going permanently.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 9:56pm
Didnt he sign a longterm deal? Plus hes actually scoring goals. Why wud they contemplate letting him go. Doubt its plausable.
I love beer gardens
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 9:57pm
https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/142405-transfer-rumour-thread-season-202122/page/140/#comments

Norwich fans not impressed either with the though, by and large. A lot of references to him being groomed to replace Pukki, as well as his underage and pre season record. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Didnt he sign a longterm deal? Plus hes actually scoring goals. Why wud they contemplate letting him go. Doubt its plausable.

Norwich are a premier league club now and will probably wish to stay there, idah has potential to be a good forward in a couple of years but Armstrong is a ready made goalscorer.

I dont think its unreasonable that Idah will leave and Norwich give there team the best chance of survival now.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Pity as Idah is one of the lads who I thought had a decent chance of figuring occasionally this season.

I was going through all 20 teams and I frankly cannot think of a single player who is guaranteed to be a starter in the PL this season.

Clark is out in the cold at Newcastle. Hendrick's out of favour. Hourihane, Duffy, Molumby and S. Long are non-starters. Spurs have apparently transfer-listed Doherty. Randolph's been told he can leave West Ham. Coventry and Richards miles away from their first teams. Kelleher second choice. K. Long and Obafemi are squad players (assuming the latter stays). At 19, Omobamidele's unlikely to be thrown in. Smallbone's on the injury list with Southampton spending big. Connolly's game time has been diminishing drastically and I would expect him to be loaned out.

Collins and Coleman are the only ones I'd give a slight chance of figuring from the start, and I can see Coleman transitioning firmly into a squad role from hereon out under Benitez.

Depressing stuff.

Really it’s looking like Coleman and Doherty presuming Everton don’t sign a RB. Doherty was playing tonight against Chelsea for 80 mins and reading between the lines Nuno is signing defenders (Tomiyasu and the lad from Atalanta) to enable the option to go 3 at the back with wing backs. 

I don’t know about Doherty being transfer listed rumours aside it seems like he’s staying.  

Outside of that bar Omobamidele,Idah,Collins or Connolly catching fire/hitting the ground lifting which might happen I don’t see any other player breaking in as a 100% first choice. 

The Idah being sold rumour I wouldn’t hold too much weight in it a while although if Norwich feel they are desperate for a striker for now they might let him especially to avoid paying a big fee. Again likewise Blackburn getting a replacement with considerable potential will be happier letting Armstrong go. 

Edited by kevin100 - 04 Aug 2021 at 10:13pm
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Depressing stuff.

Really it’s looking like Coleman and Doherty presuming Everton don’t sign a RB. Doherty was playing tonight against Chelsea for 80 mins and reading between the lines Nuno is signing defenders (Tomiyasu and the lad from Atalanta) to enable the option to go 3 at the back with wing backs. 

I don’t know about Doherty being transfer listed rumours aside it seems like he’s staying.  

Outside of that bar Omobamidele,Idah,Collins or Connolly catching fire/hitting the ground lifting which might happen I don’t see any other player breaking in as a 100% first choice. 

The Idah being sold rumour I wouldn’t hold too much weight in it a while although if Norwich feel they are desperate for a striker for now they might let him especially to avoid paying a big fee. Again likewise Blackburn getting a replacement with considerable potential will be happier letting Armstrong go. 
I was watching the highlights from last night and and one of his finishes was first class. I know he’s a very laid back guy but he looked extremely unhappy last night . Whether he stays or goes I think he has a great future in the game. 

Edited by Liam Green - 04 Aug 2021 at 10:43pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

Depressing stuff.

I was watching the highlights from last night and and one of his finishes was first class. I know he’s a very laid back guy but he looked extremely unhappy last night . Whether he stays or goes I think he has a great future in the game. 

He looked unhappy how?? Just curious that’s interesting he doesn’t tend to celebrate goals too much anyways has a laid back “it’s my job” attitude. It was a great finish. Norwich fans haven’t exactly reacted kindly to the news either and I wouldn’t blame them tbh as Idah has more potential then Armstrong long term. Thing is Norwich need the striker for now which is Armstrong. 

Edited by kevin100 - 04 Aug 2021 at 10:49pm
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 10:56pm

Depressing stuff.

He looked unhappy how?? Just curious that’s interesting he doesn’t tend to celebrate goals too much anyways has a laid back “it’s my job” attitude. It was a great finish. Norwich fans haven’t exactly reacted kindly to the news either and I wouldn’t blame them tbh as Idah has more potential then Armstrong long term. Thing is Norwich need the striker for now which is Armstrong. 
Just thought I got that vibe from him Kevin. I know he doesn’t celebrate much at all as you say but I feel there might be something in this news this evening of his possible departure and I get the impression he’s really settled at Norwich and was really hoping to get a chance this year and I think he would have made progress there 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 12:17am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Norwich are a premier league club now and will probably wish to stay there, idah has potential to be a good forward in a couple of years but Armstrong is a ready made goalscorer.

I dont think its unreasonable that Idah will leave and Norwich give there team the best chance of survival now.

Still though if your buying Armstrong it's to take over from Pukki. And wouldn't it make more sense to keep a youngster with potential as third choice, or loan him out.

Norwich aren't strapped for cash, don't really think they need to sell to make back money. Does this mean Norwich don't rate Idah as highly as we thought.

Really hope it's more we'll give you X amount and Idah on loan for a season.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 10:40am

Depressing stuff.

Just thought I got that vibe from him Kevin. I know he doesn’t celebrate much at all as you say but I feel there might be something in this news this evening of his possible departure and I get the impression he’s really settled at Norwich and was really hoping to get a chance this year and I think he would have made progress there 

Ahh okay. Overall having thought about it I still don’t see it happening. I think more than likely Armstrong moves to Southampton and Obafemi goes to Blackburn. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 11:38am
Interesting that, if the various stories are reasonably accurate, Obafemi has a higher value attached to him in these negotiations than Idah. Idah valued at £5m, Obafemi at £6m, yet Idah has been a starter for Ireland at times whereas Obafemi doesn't even get in the squad.

Just need Brighton to come out of the woodwork now and offer Connolly as a makeweight to see what his value is as well.

Edited by You Tell Me - 05 Aug 2021 at 11:39am
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Interesting that, if the various stories are reasonably accurate, Obafemi has a higher value attached to him in these negotiations than Idah. Idah valued at £5m, Obafemi at £6m, yet Idah has been a starter for Ireland at times whereas Obafemi doesn't even get in the squad.

Just need Brighton to come out of the woodwork now and offer Connolly as a makeweight to see what his value is as well.

Obafemi has a few minutes in the premier league and a couple of goals to his name, also, his performances in the PL where not too bad.

Idah has a handful of minutes in the championship and a couple of goals to his name.

I expect the valuation difference is just the level played. Also they are both forwards but have very different attributes. Pace is very much sought-after and obafemi has bag loads.

That's probably the 1m difference. Might be worth noting that 5million for a player today is pittance. So both have a very low market value.

Edited by Left foot - 05 Aug 2021 at 12:03pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Obafemi has a few minutes in the premier league and a couple of goals to his name, also, his performances in the PL where not too bad.

Idah has a handful of minutes in the championship and a couple of goals to his name.

I expect the valuation difference is just the level played. Also they are both forwards but have very different attributes. Pace is very much sought-after and obafemi has bag loads.

That's probably the 1m difference. Might be worth noting that 5million for a player today is pittance. So both have a very low market value.

Put it this way id be shocked if Norwich were selling Idah for 5m. I suspect they’d want more then that. Obafemi I don’t remotely get the impression they want to sell either but if circumstances dictate (not paying the big fee for Armstrong) and they getting the player they need for now they will offload Obafemi to sweeten the deal. 

It’s fascinating alright I’d suspect Obafemi will be the one to end up in the Championship with Idah the most likely to play PL football this season. 

Connollys an enigma he’s lucky he has a manager that rates him highly. It might be no harm for him to find a loan to the Championship in my eyes.

Edited by kevin100 - 05 Aug 2021 at 12:22pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 2:51pm
Latest reports are that Norwich haven't tabled a bid for Armstrong and aren't looking to sell Idah.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 5:19pm
Much Idah about nothing
It would damage this forums' reputation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 100>
  Share Topic