You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adam Idah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 100>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 6:29pm
No I would say he needs a season of playing regularly in the Championship. He has been unlucky that Norwich have held onto Pukki and with his injury. You'd imagine if he was at a team who were mid table he would be getting more game time. Still though I would have him in the squad ahead of Scully or Parrott. If he is good enough to play for Norwich off the bench he is good enough to play for us off the bench. 
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 6:45pm
Delighted it was as scrappy as fook as at least he's alert and in the right area. 

Hopefully both Idah and Long have a good March and bag another few goals going into the international break. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Delighted it was as scrappy as fook as at least he's alert and in the right area. 

Hopefully both Idah and Long have a good March and bag another few goals going into the international break. 

It was from close range but he got a proper connection on it, did he not? It didn't look scuffed to me.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

It was from close range but he got a proper connection on it, did he not? It didn't look scuffed to me.

No, nothing to do with Idah's connection, it was a scrappy goal because the goalie spilled it. That goal will work wonders for Idah's confidence and the fact he's in that area can only be a good sign. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 8:27pm
Don’t disagree think he’d need a loan. I honestly wouldn’t be remotely upset if it was a decent League 1 promotion chasing club if it meant he played 35-40 games. Think in the right team he’d be very interesting as regards goals. 

Hes a real old fashioned striker and the way he was asked to play for Ireland was a joke dropping in so deep. Got a lot of stick for his performances for Ireland last autumn but of all the players I’d the most sympathy for him as he’d no No.10 support and was isolated. 

Edited by kevin100 - 28 Feb 2021 at 8:28pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 4:46pm
He was better off not scoring that goal the other day. Since then, he was an unused sub against Brentford and Farke's just brought on four players, none of whom are Idah, in the space of five minutes against Luton despite winning comfortably since the first-half.

For people who think the management of Connolly is bizarre.

Just another one of those things that aren't going our way in the build-up to Serbia.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 4:52pm
He’s the only one of the young attackers I have genuine sympathy for in that his development has been handled atrocious. No issue with him being behind Pukki and Hugill 2 proper strikers at that level but for goodness sake get him out on loan for a year. 

Like you say just a wierd one that as he was getting off the bench every game prior. 😂
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 4:56pm
Could well be down to building him slowly back up from injury...
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 4:59pm
Id agree but 15-20 minutes isn’t going to cripple him is it? 

Suspect if Norwich go up he may pop out on loan. Will he get proper game time in the PL next year if they sign another decent striker on top of what they have?

Edited by kevin100 - 06 Mar 2021 at 5:00pm
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 5:16pm

He was better off not scoring that goal the other day. Since then, he was an unused sub against Brentford and Farke's just brought on four players, none of whom are Idah, in the space of five minutes against Luton despite winning comfortably since the first-half.

Just another one of those things that aren't going our way in the build-up to Serbia.

What kind of statement is that? 
Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

What kind of statement is that? 

Well Farke always seems ridiculously paranoid about young players getting too big for their boots. So I wonder do they mean that the goal has nearly encouraged Farke to bring him back down to earth a bit (not saying he needed it). Seems strange that he was coming on in nearly every game, scores and now hasn’t been brought on for 2 in a row...
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 6:02pm
Collectively he's played 55mins of football this year including today. I suspect Kenny will name the squad next week and all metrics sugest that he shouldn't be in the squad. Little experience, never scored a senior goal etc.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if he started for us such standard

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Collectively he's played 55mins of football this year including today. I suspect Kenny will name the squad next week and all metrics sugest that he shouldn't be in the squad. Little experience, never scored a senior goal etc.

who are you talking about?
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

I think he’s going to be a top player for us and will be a good premier league player soon . I’d have him in the squad for certain. 
He’s a player with real talent 
wexfordman1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

I think he’s going to be a top player for us and will be a good premier league player soon . I’d have him in the squad for certain. 
He’s a player with real talent 
I wouldn't be that that sure from what I've seen of him for norwich but he has age on his side
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 6:50pm
He didn't look ready to be starting games in nations cup, and hard to make much of his limited action for Norwich. With an eye(dah) to the future though I'd have him in the squad still as third in line centre froward option behind Robinson and Long. He looks ahead of Parrot and Obafemi in the pecking order anyway and I'd not much bother with Collins and Hogan any further.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

He didn't look ready to be starting games in nations cup, and hard to make much of his limited action for Norwich. With an eye(dah) to the future though I'd have him in the squad still as third in line centre froward option behind Robinson and Long. He looks ahead of Parrot and Obafemi in the pecking order anyway and I'd not much bother with Collins and Hogan any further.

Not sure why you would have idah in ahead of parrott to be honest, parrott is starting games every weekend and Tuesday night. Neither of them are to be considered a goal threat (last week from idah aside)

Idah struggled badly with ireland in last years games and I can't see much to say that's changed. To be fair, Idah would do well to follow Parrot in league 1 so that he can get regular game time. Cant see it happening with promotion chasers Norwich.

geansaí View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote geansaí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 7:06pm
Norwich don't have a track record of spending money when they get promoted to the premiership so it's very possible if they go up that he will be in the same position he is now, making the odd appearance off the bench and occasional starts if he is lucky. 

No matter what level he ends up making it at as a player he is going to be someone that uses his physical presence, at 20 he hasn't fully developed in the physical sense so we won't be seeing the best of him for a while.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 100>
  Share Topic