Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adam Idah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 100>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 3:02am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Two great finishes, but these games are little more than friendlies.

Rubbish. Utter rubbish.

Why did both teams put reserve teams out?

Norwich's objective is to stay in the EPL and Preston on the other hand are trying to get into the EPL.

That's your answer.

Prima and horsey,official spokesmen for the ybig conservatives !
Who is Prima?
Sorry. I was eating a sandwich and typing . Auto correct put in primadonna. I know that’s not you 🤔do I shortened it to prima. At least you don’t disagree with the conservative bit. 👍
Rampant Tory **** and lover of the religious right. In God and McCarthy we trust.
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 9:46am
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Fair play to him, still think there are questions over his touch and overall skillset but he played really well today.

I’m sorry but you aren’t playing for a Premier League club if your touch isn’t good enough. Touch and overall skill set is what gets these guys signed for top level professional teams. Almost every other attribute required can be learned but a player’s touch is more often than not an innate skill.

Remember Romelu Lukaku? He made it to damn near the top with no touch LOL Or from our very own team, Daryl Murphy and Cyrus Christie, both former Premier League players with awful first touches. What an utterly ridiculous statement, of course some Premier League players (especially ones yet to even make the breakthrough from underage like Idah) have poor touches. Relatively they might be far better than your average Joe, but I'm of course talking comparatively. My reservations on Idah are based on some of his underage performances, where tbh he's often been one of the weakest players skill wise in the team. I'm not alone in this view. Now obviously he also has a lot of talent, and is clearly capable of becoming a good player, but the point is that he's far from the finished article, there's some fine-tuning to be done yet.
We're decent enough..
FunkyMonkey View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunkyMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 12:10pm
I’ve seen a few of his Irish 21’s games and he always impressed me. I reckon he is the first name on Kennys team every game . When ever the ball gets up to him he always battles hard for it and usually makes it stick or causes a bit of havoc in around the box . Also has some great skills, he done something magical in the last match I seen beating a defender using a Silky flick of drag to the side . Can’t remember exactly whet he done but it was something you rarely see Irish lads try :)
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 12:30pm
Yeah he done that little jink Ronaldinho invented and sent the Swedish defender for the Herald. Very skillfull player with great Strenght and pace who knows qhere the back of the net is .

Had to laugh when we were playing Armenia away the same clowns who said him and Elbouzedi were the worst players on the pitch and will never play for Irelands seniors were left with egg on there face when the both linked up superbly to make the winning goal.
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 1:28pm
Elbouzedi will never ever play for Ireland's senior team.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 1:46pm
Here we go again Connolly get's two goals and he is our savour now it's Idah's turn. There will be some amount of sh*te posted in the coming months. 

Great to see the young Iriah lads starting their careers there is a long way to go yet
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Here we go again Connolly get's two goals and he is our savour now it's Idah's turn. There will be some amount of sh*te posted in the coming months. 

Great to see the young Iriah lads starting their careers there is a long way to go yet

They all have a way to go, no doubt. Out of our 4 young strikers who've broken through, if we could get one good Premier League player, 2 decent ones, and a good Championship player, I'd be delighted. It would certainly be more than we've been working with for a long time.
We're decent enough..
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 3:07pm

Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

Fair play to him, still think there are questions over his touch and overall skillset but he played really well today.

I’m sorry but you aren’t playing for a Premier League club if your touch isn’t good enough. Touch and overall skill set is what gets these guys signed for top level professional teams. Almost every other attribute required can be learned but a player’s touch is more often than not an innate skill.

Remember Romelu Lukaku? He made it to damn near the top with no touch LOL Or from our very own team, Daryl Murphy and Cyrus Christie, both former Premier League players with awful first touches. What an utterly ridiculous statement, of course some Premier League players (especially ones yet to even make the breakthrough from underage like Idah) have poor touches. Relatively they might be far better than your average Joe, but I'm of course talking comparatively. My reservations on Idah are based on some of his underage performances, where tbh he's often been one of the weakest players skill wise in the team. I'm not alone in this view. Now obviously he also has a lot of talent, and is clearly capable of becoming a good player, but the point is that he's far from the finished article, there's some fine-tuning to be done yet.

Lukaku is his country’s record goalscorer & he’s only 26. Lukaku is playing for Inter Milan and is earning about £300,000 a week. I think it’s safe to say his touch is good enough. Daryl Murphy has a ridiculous set of feet for a player of his size. 

I don’t really see your point.

Edited by bundy - 05 Jan 2020 at 3:08pm
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 3:17pm
Only YBIG would have lads finding faults when an underage prospect scores 3 goals in a game in only his second start for the starting XI.
Danger here, OH NO
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Only YBIG would have lads finding faults when an underage prospect scores 3 goals in a game in only his second start for the starting XI.
Yes and the same guys are still talking up the likes of whelan!
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 3:36pm

And Shane Long......10 goals in 3 and a half seasons. He would do well to get 3 goals between now and the end of the season never mind 3 in one game.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 3:56pm

I don’t think anyone has found fault with Idah scoring a hat-trick and it is nonsensical to suggest they have. What has happened is people are tempering the hyperbole by pointing out the weakness of the opposition, the contempt in which the competition it was played in is currently held and that the lad himself is far from the finished article.
I think everyone agrees that he did far more than what was asked of him, despite that.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 4:34pm

Correct 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 5:11pm

Ybig is not a singular entity.  

It's like saying only people would find faults .... 
AKA pedantic kunt
nordlingen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nordlingen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 5:18pm
its the 800 oppression syndrome kicking in..
Irishman scores hat trick in FA cup....jayses that can't be right..

Ah sure the others must have had the Junior B's out....and anyway wanted out of the Cup...Norwich were playing with the aid of that big slope...and with the gale behind them in the first half
An sure the third was only a penno....etc etc...

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 1:31pm
I think with the stuff about Idah being far from the finished article, people are losing perspective. Of course he's far from a complete player - the only player i remember this generation coming out of an underage setup a complete player is Mbappe.

If he came through in 2014-15, when we had f**k all prospects coming through to get excited over (as shown by the fact our team is basically the exact same since then) we'd be proclaiming him as the new messiah of irish football. 

However, in the last while, a new messiah of irish football has shown up in England almost every month. Therefore Idah is compared to Parrott, Connolly etc. Realistically, if any of those three had come up in a different time, separate to the others, we'd be fawning over them. We'd be doing the same over Knight, Molumby and others. We made Wes Hoolahan into the best creative player in Europe sitting on the bench in Norwich; there were lads saying the night we beat Germany, fully seriously, that the Germans could use him LOL so i think people may be judging Idah very harshly based on how they perceive his underage team-mates at this moment to be superior.

So Idah might be technically deficient (i've never really seen it myself, he's seemed technically solid - if not awe-inspiring - when ive seen him), but he's already a very good finisher and he's a physical specimen, a big pacy athletic player. That'll get him somewhere if nothing else does. 

There's also the not insignificant matter that he's had 2 senior competitive football games, and scored a hat-trick in one of them. I'd say he has a bit of time to iron out any flaws in his game.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 06 Jan 2020 at 1:33pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 2:15am
Good news for Idah, looks like he has pushed himself right up the pecking order

Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 6:55pm
Will start for Norwich against Man Utd this weekend
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 100>
  Share Topic