You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 Qualifying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 62>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 6:50pm
This is applicable to any team in the same positon, but isn't it possible that if Ireland have a shocking run in the euro qualifiers and and are mathematically not able to qualify via the normal route - and are then hoping that a particular team in their group qualifys automatically ahead of another in order to boost or help their chances of getting a playoff spot? ie a dead rubber match for Ireland against a team might actually benefit Ireland for Ireland to lose. 
Sponsored Links

gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 7:16pm

Edited by gazurtoids - 19 Nov 2018 at 7:17pm
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 8:23pm
Germany winning 2-0 which is good means they wouldn't be 2nd seeds
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Poland into Pot 2 as it stands?
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Poland into Pot 2 as it stands?

Yep, if they win tomorrow they'd go ahead of Croatia though which wouldn't be a great potential second seed
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 9:01pm
germany into pot 1 is great news.

We need a pot 2 team who we might be able to hold out against for 90 minutes with our park the bus style.

As bad as we are, i wouldnt rule out a 0-0 against Bosnia, Ukraine or even Denmark if Eriksen is injured. 

All the best teams are currently in Pot 1.

I dont think Poland will beat Portugal tomorrow so the pots are actually set to line up exactly as they shud*

* with the exception of ROI who will be in Pot 3 and are a lower pot 4 team at best.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 9:37pm
Germans ended up drawing 2-2

Poland draw tomorrow they'll be seeded 1st (I think)

Edited by lassassinblanc - 19 Nov 2018 at 9:39pm
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:27pm

Poland currently drawing meaning Germany would be 2nd seeds
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:32pm

France and Germany as a draw would be fair dues for the FAI and MON losing our status as second seeds. 
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:41pm
The Jocks guaranteed a euro playoff with tonights win....what is the point exactly of these qualifiers? seems everyone will be in at least a playoff

Edited by gazurtoids - 20 Nov 2018 at 9:41pm
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

France and Germany as a draw would be fair dues for the FAI and MON losing our status as second seeds. 

Not possible to get a lot of combinations as only 2 host nation's can be in 1 group. So as hosts ourselves if we get Germany, we can't get another host nation (England, Italy,Spain etc.)...

Thought France had a game as well in the Euros do they not? So a France, Germany Ireland group is possible LOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

The Jocks guaranteed a euro playoff with tonights win....what is the point exactly of these qualifiers? seems everyone will be in at least a playoff
Semi final to reach a playoff...playoff semis and finals are set for March 2020 in venues to be decided. A nice little spring break.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:51pm

The playoffs are massive as every team taking part in them won't have qualified through the regular qualifying groups. So League C (Scotland's section) and League D, it is hugely important for those teams that have guaranteed their playoff places already. They now have that definite fall back and the majority if not all of them will need it.

The teams in League B like ourselves should make it by purely default as the guaranteed sides and more in our section will hopefully qualify automatically. We aren't 100 percent certain to make those playoffs though, so nothing is in our hands in that regard.

Massive result for the Scots tonight.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Not possible to get a lot of combinations as only 2 host nation's can be in 1 group. So as hosts ourselves if we get Germany, we can't get another host nation (England, Italy,Spain etc.)...

Thought France had a game as well in the Euros do they not? So a France, Germany Ireland group is possible LOL

Nope France aren't hosting any games

Worst case scenario
France
Germany
Us
Georgia
Macedonia/Kosovo
Latvia

Best case
Poland
Czech Republic
Us
Estonia
Gilbratar
Malta/San Marino

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:54pm
Hope we don't get Poland. We'll end up outnumbered at home Dead
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:55pm
If we were an even half capable side, that best case scenario group we could center through to the Euros imo.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:56pm

16 very average teams will get a playoff semi in March 2020 - what’s not to like.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

If we were an even half capable side, that best case scenario group we could center through to the Euros imo.
half capable manager is all we need to give us some hope.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 62>
  Share Topic