You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 Qualifying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5657585960 62>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap for Pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 5:48pm

Edited by Trap for Pope - 04 Dec 2018 at 5:49pm
Living for Away days
Sponsored Links

Trap for Pope View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap for Pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by howieb howieb wrote:

I was looking at booking flights to Georgia . Bringing my 10 year old son so travel a bit of a nightmare for him . What other away game would have the best chance of tickets ? 

Dennmark in June. Our 3rd time there in a year so many won't go again as  theres no novelty to it,it's also a nice city with a shortt flight. I wouldn't be in a rush to travel for 10+ hours over 2 or 3 flights with a kid to Georgia having done it before by myself but to each their own. Denmark is a good bet 
Living for Away days
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 12:30am
Originally posted by howieb howieb wrote:

I was looking at booking flights to Georgia . Bringing my 10 year old son so travel a bit of a nightmare for him . What other away game would have the best chance of tickets ? 

I've brought my 9 year old to a few games. Can be tough re travel on them so Georgia a risk. Denmark in June be best bet I'd say. Easy direct flight, tickets shouldn't be a worry, and nice summer evenings. 

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 12:54am
Plus the Tivoli Gardens are right in the city centre in Copenhagen. He'll enjoy that.
howieb View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 11:07am
Thanks for the replys.  I'm going to book Copenhagen flights and hope I can get tickets for match closer the time 
Icy Bread People View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 12:30pm
Gibraltar beat Armenia away, Armenia are usually a decent side, remember them playing some nice stuff against us during Trap era I think. I wonder if The Rock will struggle against us? They'd surely fancy their chances. 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 12:32pm
They also got hammered by Macedonia in Skopje. Armenia have regressed a lot.

We'll batter this crowd. Should be a minimum 5 zip.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Macedonia being Mick's bogey team. The stars are aligning for a Gibraltar win!
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 12:35pm
That was a freak in Armenia. Armenia still won 6-2 in Gibraltar. We beat this lot 7-0 before sure and it should have been more. 
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 12:39pm
they got 5 goals in 3 games! But yeah, you'd think we'd get a goal or two against this lot surely.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Icy Bread People Icy Bread People wrote:

That ain't gonna happen. Every player will want to impress Mick. Even though Gibraltar have undoubtedly improved since we last met them I still expect Ireland to give them a good thumping - possibly into double figures.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 12:44pm
They have improved a bit and the pitch is certainly a leveller, but this should be a comfortable three points. That Armenia game was a bit of a freak it seems, Gibraltar's keeper had the game of his life and Armenia missed loads of chances.
I can't see them getting a point in this group.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 12:53pm
That's a fair an accurate point. 

I would expect them to get zero points. 

Georgia to beat them twice and nick 1/2 more draws. 

I actually believe it will be a 3 way fight between the rest. Yes I know the other teams are better than us but even at our sh*ttest we went and drew in Copenhagen, beat Wales and Austria away. 

I'm more worried about what we do at home to be honest.

Edited by kearney304 - 05 Dec 2018 at 12:54pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 1:00pm
The problem for us isn't getting draws, we can draw with anybody on our day, it is getting wins. We need to beat one of the big two teams to qualify. We would need a huge amount of luck for that to happen.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 1:01pm

That ain't gonna happen. Every player will want to impress Mick. Even though Gibraltar have undoubtedly improved since we last met them I still expect Ireland to give them a good thumping - possibly into double figures.

Can't see it being double figures but I suppose you never know.

Looking at the Gibraltar squad the majority play for 1 team called Lincoln Red Imps (great name LOL ) All the teams in the  Gibraltar Premier Division (10) all play their games in the Victoria Stadium (obviously because it's the only stadium available ) 
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 1:05pm

An LSL select team would beat them 5-0 FFS.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The problem for us isn't getting draws, we can draw with anybody on our day, it is getting wins. We need to beat one of the big two teams to qualify. We would need a huge amount of luck for that to happen.

Exactly my point PM, I think we could easily draw away with Swiss and the Danes but we need to beat one or both at home. Or win away once and at home once.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Can't see it being double figures but I suppose you never know.

Looking at the Gibraltar squad the majority play for 1 team called Lincoln Red Imps (great name LOL ) All the teams in the  Gibraltar Premier Division (10) all play their games in the Victoria Stadium (obviously because it's the only stadium available ) 

Sure they bate Celtic a few years back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5657585960 62>
  Share Topic