You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 96979899100 251>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

I don't blame anyone for cynicism when it comes to hopeful Irish players, when was the last time we had a top class forward or midfielder? The two Keanes really. 

I agree with Garett Farellys Nut Sack. 

we’ve really missed one or two outstanding players. I was thinking the other day, if O’Neill had managed to persuade Kane to play for us and kept hold of Rice and/or Grealish, he’d probably be lauded as manager and Delaney might even still be in charge of the FAI.

If we can just get one or two to live up to expectations, the landscape changes for us. 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Sponsored Links

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

I don't blame anyone for cynicism when it comes to hopeful Irish players, when was the last time we had a top class forward or midfielder? The two Keanes really. 

I agree with Garett Farellys Nut Sack. 

let's be honest at no point in your life did you expect to say that
It would damage this forums' reputation
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 4:36pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Thanks for giving me a laugh tonight lol. GF used to be in my gaf regularly he was my brothers friend in school, Colaiste Mhuire on Parnell Square. I think he's some kind of lawyer now involved with football. 
I actually have seen his nutsack as we used to go swimming in the local pool. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 8:47pm

I reckon he will be the Irish Francis Jeffers
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I reckon he will be the Irish Francis Jeffers

I think from what I've seen of him he has the build of a proper athletic modern footballer, strong and lean and tall. We don't have many fitting this description these days, hopefully he has what it takes. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 9:14pm

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Thanks for giving me a laugh tonight lol. GF used to be in my gaf regularly he was my brothers friend in school, Colaiste Mhuire on Parnell Square. I think he's some kind of lawyer now involved with football. 
I actually have seen his nutsack as we used to go swimming in the local pool. 

Is that your claim to fame? seeing some ex footballers ball sack over 3 decades ago!?

More importantly, you must be thinking about his sack a lot since you created your username after it.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Is that your claim to fame? seeing some ex footballers ball sack over 3 decades ago!?

More importantly, you must be thinking about his sack a lot since you created your username after it.

No I once served a drunk Frank Stapleton in an Esso garage when I worked there years ago. Where did he ever get to? Yes our Gareth had a memorable scrotum alright. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 9:20pm
I’d take a franny Jeffers right now to be honest 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 9:57pm
Spurs brought on a 16 year old strker tonight. Troy might not even be there best young striking prospect
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Spurs brought on a 16 year old strker tonight. Troy might not even be there best young striking prospect

Seen that too, Dane scarlett, scored four goals in a recent u23 game I believ and is only 16. Looks like another real talent coming through for England. 

Sadly our youth system is light years behind them. Two Keanes still the last talent of any note and both have long retired...
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 11:15pm
With the industrial set ups that European countries have for producing players now you'd wonder how we will ever get to that level with our youth. I think our talent pool is becoming more and more diluted with the popularity of rugby and GAA and nothing to inspire young kids from a football perspective given how sh*te we've been. 
Bucks2020 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Seen that too, Dane scarlett, scored four goals in a recent u23 game I believ and is only 16. Looks like another real talent coming through for England. 

Sadly our youth system is light years behind them. Two Keanes still the last talent of any note and both have long retired...

He never played for the Spurs U23 side. He's also one of only 3 strikers they have available to them at the moment, getting a cap for 8 minutes after being 4-0 up while impressive wouldnt say that much (for now) for Spurs as its quite common for them and Arsenal to stretch the squad in the EL especially when Spurs at top of the premier league and want to keep Kane fit to maintain their form and ideally not get the second choice strikers (Vincius, how ever you say his name) injured with 3 EL games in 3 weeks otherwise they will have to flog Kane which wouldnt be wise after what happened to his hammy in recent times.
Bucks2020 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 11:35pm

With the industrial set ups that European countries have for producing players now you'd wonder how we will ever get to that level with our youth. I think our talent pool is becoming more and more diluted with the popularity of rugby and GAA and nothing to inspire young kids from a football perspective given how sh*te we've been. 

Kids play football because they love the game, they are bandwagon hoppers. You have to remember while the NT might not be doing well lots of these kids would follow Liverpool and United so even if they dont inspire to be Irish players they definetly would inspire to make it in the Premier league.

"industrial set ups that European countries have for producing players" What in the name of god LOL
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Are you forgetting Damian Duff?
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 12:10am
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

Are you forgetting Damian Duff?

Did f*ck all after Chelsea 
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 12:17am
our youth set up is producing our best talent in years, abundance of good players emerging currently at many ages. not being as good as england who have freak generations coming through is hardly an indictment. expectations need to be realistic
Bucks2020 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bucks2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 12:24am
Originally posted by Four-Four-Two Four-Four-Two wrote:

our youth set up is producing our best talent in years, abundance of good players emerging currently at many ages. not being as good as england who have freak generations coming through is hardly an indictment. expectations need to be realistic

I think alot of people need to get real. With England's population, tradition, history, resources and ofcourse being home to argubly the best league in the world if they are doing a good job at developing talent than its next to impossible to compete with them for any country outside the traditional power houses.  We are producing very good talent and I do believe we will have some very good years ahead even if it takes abit of time for these bright years to start but a large sections of fans on here I think need to get real and put things into perspective, if England get it right we dont stand a chance in hell of competing with them. We could compare ourselves to other countries in Europe but comparing us to England...come on LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 96979899100 251>
  Share Topic