You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8687888990 251>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 12:34pm
Little is a crim and Byrne is the son of one of the biggest in the country.

People thinking this is not a big deal are living in cuckoo land.

The lad is 18 he has no business being near them and I can totally understand Mourinho and the whispers now that Troy has an attitude problem and lets not forget the regency hotel where it spilled over into sport recently. Would you want a guy like that in your team? (I wouldn't) and I imagine Alli wasn't best pleased either to be in that pic.

The lad needs a clip around the ear he has the whole world at his feet.

Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Dr. Pat Dr. Pat wrote:

The optics of it are absolutely horrific. He's in the public eye and is a full international. Tottenham pay his wages and his image/brand is of most interest to them. They need to intervene.

And tell him what exactly? As your employer, we're forbidding you from being friends with those people because of their surname? That would go down like a lead balloon in a labour court...

Forbid him from being associated with members of an international drug trafficking cartel.

Yes, the problem being (as much as that may be accepted by the public) is that it's still only hearsay, and extremely slanderous hearsay at that.
We're decent enough..
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 12:52pm

The optics of it are absolutely horrific. He's in the public eye and is a full international. Tottenham pay his wages and his image/brand is of most interest to them. They need to intervene.

And tell him what exactly? As your employer, we're forbidding you from being friends with those people because of their surname? That would go down like a lead balloon in a labour court...

Forbid him from being associated with members of an international drug trafficking cartel.

Yes, the problem being (as much as that may be accepted by the public) is that it's still only hearsay, and extremely slanderous hearsay at that.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/liam-byrne-daniel-kinahan-s-lieutenant-in-dublin-1.3840634

These are not the type of people Parrott should be associated with as an upcoming professional footballer, whether these lads are directly or indirectly involved in the cartel.

It's a no brainer really.

I'm sure Spurs and Millwall will not want their players to be linked with this bad publicity.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Olaf View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 1:01pm

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/liam-byrne-daniel-kinahan-s-lieutenant-in-dublin-1.3840634

These are not the type of people Parrott should be associated with as an upcoming professional footballer, whether these lads are directly or indirectly involved in the cartel.

I'm sure Spurs and Millwall will not want their players to be linked with this bad publicity.

Millwall would probably be proud...
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 1:12pm

That is a newspaper report, it is not a legal ruling. You cannot forbid an employee from associating with other private citizens who have no convictions to their name! That is the long and short of it. We can all talk about "what everybody knows", "who their dads are" etc etc, but at the end of the day it's only speculation in the absence of genuine legal evidence.
We're decent enough..
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 1:16pm

That is a newspaper report, it is not a legal ruling. You cannot forbid an employee from associating with other private citizens who have no convictions to their name! That is the long and short of it. We can all talk about "what everybody knows", "who their dads are" etc etc, but at the end of the day it's only speculation in the absence of genuine legal evidence.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/5761656/ireland-star-troy-parrott-kinahan-cartel-car-millwall/

Little has been named a member of the Byrne crew.

Let me ask you this. How does it benefit Parrott's career to be named in the media with known criminal associates?

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 1:21pm
the first time I became aware of Parrott’s friends were when members of the Gucci gang were getting killed and he put up a pic of himself with Sean Little with an RIP message and a pic of the two of them together Drinking. I heard he done the same with the lad who was also in the gang who got killed a few weeks earlier. It’s a bit startling to see him so friendly and socializing with lads who would sell drugs and almost undoubtedly take drugs.

Hopefully not far in the future if Troy wants face to face with these guys it’s through security glass.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 1:26pm

https://www.thesun.ie/news/5761656/ireland-star-troy-parrott-kinahan-cartel-car-millwall/

Let me ask you this. How does it benefit Parrott's career to be named in the media with known criminal associates?

You keep saying "known criminal associates"; they are not "known criminal associates" unless they've been convicted of a crime, the phrase you're looking for is "ALLEDGED criminal associates".

As for how it benefits Parrotts career, I have no idea if it's a help, a hindrance, or if it has no effect at all. Unlike you, I'm going going to engage in hearsay and try to pass it off as fact. At the end of the day Parrott is an adult, it's not up to us, or Mourinho, or Spurs, what other adults Parrott calls his friends. That is entirely his choice and is no business of his employer.
We're decent enough..
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 1:36pm
It’s evidently not a good association, and something that a decent agent should steer him away from. There is still time to do so, given his age.

Parrott was on holiday in Dubai last year with his mate Byrne, so its seems very likely he saw more people from the Kinahan family (Who live there).

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Dots1982 Dots1982 wrote:

the first time I became aware of Parrott’s friends were when members of the Gucci gang were getting killed and he put up a pic of himself with Sean Little with an RIP message and a pic of the two of them together Drinking. I heard he done the same with the lad who was also in the gang who got killed a few weeks earlier. It’s a bit startling to see him so friendly and socializing with lads who would sell drugs and almost undoubtedly take drugs.

Hopefully not far in the future if Troy wants face to face with these guys it’s through security glass.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/4132229/darndale-shooting-jordan-davis-warning-dealers/

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 1:50pm

You keep saying "known criminal associates"; they are not "known criminal associates" unless they've been convicted of a crime, the phrase you're looking for is "ALLEDGED criminal associates".

As for how it benefits Parrotts career, I have no idea if it's a help, a hindrance, or if it has no effect at all. Unlike you, I'm going going to engage in hearsay and try to pass it off as fact. At the end of the day Parrott is an adult, it's not up to us, or Mourinho, or Spurs, what other adults Parrott calls his friends. That is entirely his choice and is no business of his employer.

as a PAYE employee I can be let go for bringing the name of my employer into disrepute from my actions outside of work. As a professional footballer will be held to much higher standards. Just look at what happened to Richard Keogh.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 2:02pm

I have heard Nike and Pepsi are on the look out for some edgy young footballers to sponsor. Maybe it is all just a branding exercise and the lad is a genius? It is DEFINITELY the business of his employers and when contracts are to be negotiated and signed and clubs look at him they will consider Irish drug lords and enforcers may well show up at the training ground. Maybe their enemies will show up with AK 47's like the Regency. Having no idea whether it is a help or a hindrance makes you look pretty dimwitted in this case. Having friends like that put your friends and family in danger. End of story. or are these lads hooker with a heart of gold types?
farfar View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farfar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 2:08pm

Edited by farfar - 11 Aug 2020 at 2:39pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

as a PAYE employee I can be let go for bringing the name of my employer into disrepute from my actions outside of work. As a professional footballer will be held to much higher standards. Just look at what happened to Richard Keogh.

You cannot bring you employers name into disrepute by calling another person, with no criminal convictions, your friend. Are you advocating a world where your employer would have that sort of control over your personal life?

Edited by The O'Shea - 11 Aug 2020 at 2:48pm
We're decent enough..
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 3:01pm
O'Shea you sound like the kind of individual who would have worked with Delaney and turned a blind eye to the more questionable stuff that went on because you were being looked after. A nothing to see here type.  
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 5:10pm
The parallels to Anthony Stokes bring a sense of foreboding.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 11 Aug 2020 at 5:11pm
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 7:14pm
Hope ye are happier about Troy's insta story this evening. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Hope ye are happier about Troy's insta story this evening. 

What was it? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8687888990 251>
  Share Topic