You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8182838485 251>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 11:11pm
Is there a team in the Championship that plays more direct football than Millwall? It gets lumped long to Smith and Jed Wallace tries to make something happen. It doesn't strike me as the best fit for Parrott but obviously better than hanging around at Spurs for another season.
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
Sponsored Links

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Dr. Pat Dr. Pat wrote:

Is there a team in the Championship that plays more direct football than Millwall? It gets lumped long to Smith and Jed Wallace tries to make something happen. It doesn't strike me as the best fit for Parrott but obviously better than hanging around at Spurs for another season.

Cardiff. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 10:58am

It's an encouraging move. He has a good chance of getting a lot of game time for a team that are competitive in a strong league. If he can rack up 20+ starts and notch a few goals, then is significant progress for a young lad. 
El Puto Amo
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 11:39am
From what I've seen of him I think he'll be a standout in the Championship. If he stays fit for the full season I'd expect 15+ goals. 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 11:41am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

From what I've seen of him I think he'll be a standout in the Championship. If he stays fit for the full season I'd expect 15+ goals. 

I'll be backing it for the laugh Tongue

Edited by Fozz - 30 Jul 2020 at 11:41am
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 11:43am
not sure Millwall would be a good fit. Very direct and physical. Be good to see him get some minutes nonetheless. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 11:48am
A year ago he was playing very well in friendlies against the best teams in Europe. If his attitude is right, no reason why he can't have a very good season in the Championship. 

When does the new season in England start?
It would damage this forums' reputation
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 11:49am
Think it was stated that Jose wants Troy to stay in the Capital, so that would limit the options.
I'm happy just to be able to watch him play senior football ASAP...bring it on!
I'll be on the iFollow cheering on Millwall soon, I hope Big smile

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

A year ago he was playing very well in friendlies against the best teams in Europe. If his attitude is right, no reason why he can't have a very good season in the Championship. 

When does the new season in England start?

Champ was looking to start two weeks earlier but it seems likely it'll be back the w/e of Sept 11, same as the PL.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 12:24pm
It all depends on how many starts he gets, its very hard to pluck random figures out of the sky about how many goals said player should be scoring.

In truth, we're talking about a very young and inexperienced player who has very minutes playing at senior level (highest level)

Talk of 20+ goals is baffling.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 1:26pm
No idea why you're comparing him with Greenwood when the only comparisons they have in truth is age, they're two completely different players? Greenwood being one of the top young prospects in Europe for his age to boot .....

Also taking into account one is at Manchester United a side now playing free flowing attacking football and the other is potentially going to unfashionable Millwall who are extremely direct.

Perspective is needed, a return of anything between 5 - 10 (again depending on starts) would represent a decent and reasonable return.

Edited by Green Devil - 30 Jul 2020 at 1:39pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 1:31pm

Agree fully with you here GD. People heaping unrealistic expectations on him is pointless or even counter productive. Let the lad find his feet and hopefully he will a decent amount of game time over the course of the season. 
El Puto Amo
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 1:38pm
I feel Parrott will spend some time under the weight of expectation, simply because he was on the fringes of a team in the Champions League, and in the upper echelons of the PL. We were also reliant on Scott Hogan and Sean Maguire as alternatives to McGoldrick, at the time. In the intervening period the likes of Obafemi, Idah etc have made their own claims, and Shane Long had a decent season at a decent Southampton team. Before the lockdown, Hogan was also scoring for fun. The point is, we have alternatives both young and old, and the expectation doesn't need to be funnelled through an 18 year old with four senior games under his belt.

A good run in a Championship team will do him the world of good, and a decent goalscoring return will make him a hotter property, and his reputation will be built on something tangible.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 1:43pm
The funny thing is that if Parrott fails to meet the high expectations of some posters, it will be everybody else's fault but Parrott's.

Millwalls style of play, the manager, the formation etc...

It will be interesting to see how he does all the same.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

No idea why you're comparing him with Greenwood when the only comparisons they have in truth is age, they're two completely different players? Greenwood being one of the top young prospects in Europe for his age to boot .....

Also taking into account one is at Manchester United a side now playing free flowing attacking football and the other is potentially going to unfashionable Millwall who are extremely direct.

Perspective is needed, a return of anything between 5 - 10 (again depending on starts) would represent a decent and reasonable return.

Exactly, Greenwood is an aberration in the grand scheme of things. It's incredibly rare for a young player to come through (even if they're exceptional) and score as prolifically as he has right from the off. Depending on what shape Millwall are in next season, I'd expect him to be scoring at least 10-12. More than that would be a great return.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The funny thing is that if Parrott fails to meet the high expectations of some posters, it will be everybody else's fault but Parrott's.

Millwalls style of play, the manager, the formation etc...

It will be interesting to see how he does all the same.

To a point Horsey, when factoring in style of play/formations especially, it can most definitely come down to horses for courses. You can't simply expect every player to thrive in every formation or system.

Maybe being at Millwall might be the best thing for his development, the physical element especially given how they play.

Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

It all depends on how many starts he gets, its very hard to pluck random figures out of the sky about how many goals said player should be scoring.

In truth, we're talking about a very young and inexperienced player who has very minutes playing at senior level (highest level)

Are you baffled by 18-year-old Marcus Greenwood? 

I am for sure.

Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Dr. Pat Dr. Pat wrote:

Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Are you baffled by 18-year-old Marcus Greenwood? 

I am for sure.

Hes a human hybrid of Mason Greenwood and Marcus Rashford... rumour has it, he's very good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8182838485 251>
  Share Topic