You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 251>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by BippityBoop BippityBoop wrote:

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/0724/1064922-pochettino-parrott-can-be-part-of-spurs-first-team/

Not an unexpected answer. Seems to be saying that if Parrott is still with Spurs at the end of the transfer window, he has a chance of breaking into the first team. I guess he would hardly say the opposite that he had no chance of breaking into the first team...

Does the "we’ll see what happens at the end of the transfer window" potentially indicate that Parrott might go out on loan this season?

No I think he means if spurs don't sign another striker, then he would be involved with the first team, but they will probably buy another striker
Sponsored Links

Bainneban View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bainneban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 1:44pm
Could mean go out on loan although he is quite young still for that I would have thought as they would surely prefer to monitor and manage him more closely at that age. Might also mean that if they get enough transfers in then he won't be part of the first team, i.e. back down the pecking order.
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Originally posted by BippityBoop BippityBoop wrote:

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/0724/1064922-pochettino-parrott-can-be-part-of-spurs-first-team/

Not an unexpected answer. Seems to be saying that if Parrott is still with Spurs at the end of the transfer window, he has a chance of breaking into the first team. I guess he would hardly say the opposite that he had no chance of breaking into the first team...

Does the "we’ll see what happens at the end of the transfer window" potentially indicate that Parrott might go out on loan this season?

No I think he means if spurs don't sign another striker, then he would be involved with the first team, but they will probably buy another striker

Ah ok, I guess that makes sense too.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Mick has shown time and time again at international and club level that if you're good enough, you're old enough.

On that basis, I think Mick's next squad will include:

- Parrott (if as expected he kicks on and is at least on the bench for a few games at Spurs), and 

- Aaron Connolly, whose performances in Toulon were outstanding and clearly senior level - well able to take on the new Barca right back - reminiscent of Duff in Malaysia over 20 years ago.  Connolly should get a good loan now - maybe to Germany, seems to be a route for the higher level PL2 players (Ampadu, Lookman, Nelson, etc).  Too good to be playing PL2 level now. Wouldn't be surprised to see him come on for against the Swiss for the final 15 min. They could be surprised by his direct, running style - while he has it, at least until he has it coached out of him.

If so, will pul the rug out from Kenny a little bit who has built a nice little U21 squad for the Euro qualifiers.

Unpopular opinion but I think Connolly's performances in Toulon were overhyped. Yes, he showed great pace throughout the tournament, especially in the game against Brazil were Barca's new signing was withdrawn before he was sent off.

But in terms of ability with the ball, I think he is nowhere near Duff's ability at a similar age. Will gladly be proven wrong but he has a lot of work to do to become a first team squad regular at club level. 

Agree fully about a loan move though, playing in PL2 is a waste of his time at this stage. Seems to have the physicality, and spitefulness, to make an impact outside of reserve/academy football.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 3:37pm
I thought exactly the opposite, his dribbling, ball control and passing were brilliant. I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that he's lightning fast from, he's well balanced and has a good burst of acceleration, but he wouldn't be incredibly fast after that.
We're decent enough..
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 5:43pm
If anything, I thought he lacked a bit of pace! He looks top quality though. I’m not sure how you could compare him to Duff either, apart from them both being a bit mad looking!
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 12:13pm
Starts up front with Kane today v Man Utd Clap
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 12:44pm
Established Premier league top 4 striker now......how longs it been since we had one
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 12:50pm
He looks the real deal from the bits I've seen at underage levels and now here he is drawing fouls against Utd, has a lovely quick touch to try a 1-2 with Ndombele in the box, and a lovely flick with Alli to put him in 1 on 1. Only 10mins gone as well

United look very sharp (and have done in all their pre season) for what its worth
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 1:24pm
Parrot, Obafemi, Afolabi and Idah

we're looking in decent shape up front in the coming short few years and longer term
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 1:25pm
Spurs fans are creaming themselves over him on twitter anyway.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Parrot, Obafemi, Afolabi and Idah

we're looking in decent shape up front in the coming short few years and longer term

Not to mention Connolly, Cassidy & Reghba.

Things are finally looking up!
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 1:28pm
Yeah, just had a read there. They're on a horn alright.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

FunkyMonkey View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunkyMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 1:31pm
Lads he looks class :) exciting times ahead
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 1:42pm
Wow what a first half from parrot, arguably spurs best player. Very exciting.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Spurs fans are creaming themselves over him on twitter anyway.

And rightly so he was their best player.

Some great skill and looks quite strong for his age.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

Wow what a first half from parrot, arguably spurs best player. Very exciting.

Cue Territorial coming on to say there are 5 Spurs youth strikers better than him

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 1:58pm
Spurs fans saying he looks very physically developed and strong for his age.

Funny that, as I think most of us were concerned that he was a bit slightly built for mens football.

His technical skills looked as sharp as anyone else on the pitch during the first half.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 251>
  Share Topic