You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 210211212213214 251>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 11:34am
In today’s age of Instagram PR and the typically nondescript nature of footballers’ social medias, it truly is astonishing that there’s no one saying to Troy, u know maybe it’s best to keep your private life, private. 
Sponsored Links

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 11:39am
The lad is not the brightest. That is obvious. 
It doesn't bode well for his future. Compare him to Dara O'Shea, worlds apart and Troy is far more talented.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

The lad is not the brightest. That is obvious. 
It doesn't bode well for his future. Compare him to Dara O'Shea, worlds apart and Troy is far more talented.
Parrott is far more hyped, not more talented. O'Shea has played consistently in Premier and Championship football. Parrott has been hit and miss, mostly miss. And I know he's only 21.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 1:01pm
How much of that is down to natural talent and how much is down to hard work? O'Shea's career reads like that because he put the effort in for years as a youth player developing. Parrott probably is a more naturally talented footballer than him though.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 1:13pm
Parrot hasn't anywhere near the ability, talent or professionalism of O'Shea. Plus, one is 21 the other is 23, theres hardly a considerable age gap there. 

O'Shea would be much more of a miss than Parrot.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

How much of that is down to natural talent and how much is down to hard work? O'Shea's career reads like that because he put the effort in for years as a youth player developing. Parrott probably is a more naturally talented footballer than him though.

James McClean is an excellent example. His unbelievable work ethic, drive, and professionalism has taken him to a very, very respectable Pl/Championship career and to two major international tournaments. Compare that to somebody like Ravel Morrison who had talent and ability by the bucketload. The metaphorical letter of recommendation that SAF gave to him in 2011 has extended his career in a way that his approach to the game would otherwise have kyboshed. In fact, Anthony Stokes is another example of how talent isn’t enough. 

Edited by Het-field - 07 Feb 2023 at 1:14pm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 1:17pm

What is he naturally good at? Step-overs? Dummies? Shimmies? The Ronaldo chop? Why isn't he running rings around those who are not naturally talented - like workhorse Dara O'Shea? What good is natural talent if you don't deliver? 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 1:23pm
When conparing OShea & Parrot you also need define talent.

Talent for OShea is defending and somethong he does very well at a consistent basis at a much higher level.

Talent for Parrot is creating/scoring goals, running at the defence, picking put passes etc which he hasn't exactly excelled at at a lower level. 
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 1:35pm
I am 1000% sure that Dara himself would say Troy’s talent far exceeded his.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

I'm 1001% certain he wouldn't swap careers. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

I feel you're - either intentionally or unintentionally - missing the point that's being made. 

Literally nobody is suggesting that Parrott has had a better career than O'Shea to this point.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 1:50pm

Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

I feel you're - either intentionally or unintentionally - missing the point that's being made. 

Literally nobody is suggesting that Parrott has had a better career than O'Shea to this point.
I'm saying O'Shea overall will have a more successful career than Parrott. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 2:01pm
Everyone's saying that.
ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 4:47pm
This Mirror story is from nearly 2 years ago.
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by ontheball ontheball wrote:

I think it’s more the fact he was snapped with the same guy at the weekend
ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Greener92 Greener92 wrote:

Originally posted by ontheball ontheball wrote:

I think it’s more the fact he was snapped with the same guy at the weekend

I get it now. Just thought lads were dragging up something from two years ago when Troy was a lot more immature. I see that now that it's to do with very recent acquaintances. 
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 5:29pm
Jaysus next Parrott will be getting neck tattoos and wearing Snoozy Snooze rap clobber like the lad up in Hull with the funny accent
ProudIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 6:51pm
I’d have far more time for Aaron Connolly now than Troy and that’s saying something . I’ve gone from hoping he would be the next big thing for us to actually hoping his career fades away into nothing. No time for scum pedalling drugs and murdering people or anyone who chooses to associate with them 
Here we go again, we're on the road again
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 210211212213214 251>
  Share Topic