You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 251>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Ah come on Macca, no supporter, regardless of where there from would want to see an academy player flop in the first team LOL 

Terri is being realistic. While it's great to see Parrott see first team action after such a short time at the club, look how many strikers have seen minimal game time due to Kane (as Terri has outlined).

Personally not interested in any of Northern Ireland’s youth prospects who don’t want to play for Ireland.

I certainly wouldn’t be on OurWeeCountry making comments pretending that I hope they do well in the future.

Won’t be a popular opinion on here as you’re not really allowed to say anything negative or semi-negative about the North these days. 

Put it this way. I'm an Arsenal fan, and have never wanted any of the academy players that have been in and around the first team squad to fail to make it. Now as Terri is a Spurs fan, I highly doubt he'd want an academy player (Troy Parrott in this case) to suffer a similar fate to Vincent Janssen, for example, regardless of what part of the island he's from.

I'll state again, his post was actually quite realistic, in comparison to other posts we are bound to see if Parrott sees any more first team action over the next few weeks. All other strikers at that club are playing second fiddle to Kane, and Parrott will be no different.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 12:11am
Originally posted by Sullivinho Sullivinho wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

I enjoy reading TAMB, Pie and Bovril and Welsh Apostle from time to time, but OWC requires you to register before it allows you read its content. I've tried on several occasions to create an account but every time my attempt to register is declined. My chosen email address/user name are entirely inoffensive but still, never any luck. I'm amazed anyone has ever been able to set up an account, ever. What's the secret? And why are they so paranoid?

Out of curiosity, I once registered using a spin on one of their noxious chants as a username. Try that. Imagine their surprise when they had to ban me after one post. LOL Which, I might add, carried no offence except to reveal which team I supported. Looking around the place, it was astonishing how taken they were by us and how much 'the beggars' figured into even the most mundane of their musings.

IIRC, there were additional off limits areas, even for registered users. Because if bulletproof vests or keeping warm have taught us anything, layers are everything. And I doubt paranoia is any exception.

LOL F**king hell!
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 4:31am
Originally posted by Sullivinho Sullivinho wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Out of curiosity, I once registered using a spin on one of their noxious chants as a username. Try that. Imagine their surprise when they had to ban me after one post. LOL Which, I might add, carried no offence except to reveal which team I supported. Looking around the place, it was astonishing how taken they were by us and how much 'the beggars' figured into even the most mundane of their musings.

IIRC, there were additional off limits areas, even for registered users. Because if bulletproof vests or keeping warm have taught us anything, layers are everything. And I doubt paranoia is any exception.
Maybe it was the 'Up the 'Ra' tagline they found to be discourteous?
Sullivinho View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sullivinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Maybe it was the 'Up the 'Ra' tagline they found to be discourteous?

I thought I was being sneaky using the anagram 'Ha, Erupt!', but I guess they got me. Cry
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 12:01pm

Just looking at Spurs first goal against Juve yesterday, Parrott burst his balls to make a great run around the outside of Lamela and he was unlucky not to score himself. He showed great awareness, timing and desire to offer an option. Fair play to him. Hopefully he continues to develop. 
El Puto Amo
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 12:06pm
Would there be anyone against having him in the next squad? I don't see why he can't be accommodated in the squad ahead of Hogan, Curtis and Maguire.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Would there be anyone against having him in the next squad? I don't see why he can't be accommodated in the squad ahead of Hogan, Curtis and Maguire.
Wouldn't be against having him in the squad if one of the above mentioned pulled out with an injury, realistically he should earn his first cap v Bulgaria or New Zealand this year. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 12:30pm
Genuine question and TBH I haven't seen enough of the lad but from feedback he seems a real player. 

If a lad is in or around a PL first team should he not automatically be included in the senior squads. 

*** Of course he can still play underage if needed but wouldn't this help the lad. 

Rooney was fast tracked.

It's not like we are blessed with fantastic players who play for top clubs. If you're in or around the first team for example in a top 4 PL side then you should 100% be involved with the senior side. 

Wales do this all the time and we rave about it when they school us but we are always so reluctant to throw lads in, why?

I never get the negativity towards it. Like so what if he doesn't have 25 PL goals yet. Most of our lads are around the scene of the Irish team and they never play club football, more there because they've been called up before. 

I don't get it at all. 

Edited by kearney304 - 23 Jul 2019 at 12:31pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 2:00pm
If they are good enough then that is enough for me. It helps if players are playing week in and week out as it's easier to judge how ready they are but I would rather have the more talented player that has not broken into the team yet vs. average striker in L1, which is the level we are at when it's coming to the 5th to 6th striker, e.g. it would be more useful to have Parrott in the squad than Aiden O'Brien.
At least for the training squad so they can have a closer look at him and get him familiar with the surroundings. 

Edited by t_rAndy - 23 Jul 2019 at 2:02pm
daveyc View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

If they are good enough then that is enough for me. It helps if players are playing week in and week out as it's easier to judge how ready they are but I would rather have the more talented player that has not broken into the team yet vs. average striker in L1, which is the level we are at when it's coming to the 5th to 6th striker, e.g. it would be more useful to have Parrott in the squad than Aiden O'Brien.
At least for the training squad so they can have a closer look at him and get him familiar with the surroundings. 

Fair point - unfortunately Parrott isnt from the cymru.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 3:17pm
To provide a little bit of perspective, whilst TP is clearly a terrific prospect, and Poch is far more open to giving prospects their chance than most other managers, nonetheless TP is still only one of several such prospects in the Spurs team.

For example, starting alongside him in that Spurs team in Singapore were Georgiou and Tanganaga, neither of whom has made a PL start for Spurs. And coming on on 46 mins (or later in the half) were Roles, Marsh, White and Bowden, with Whiteman, De Bie and Lyons-Foster unused subs. How many of you have heard of those players? (I hadn't, bar one or two).

And history tells us that only a tiny minority of such players go on to make a decent living in the game, never mind a fortune at a top club.

That said, TP does appear to have three things in his favour.
1. At 17 1/2 y.o., he's younger than most (all?) of those others;
2. Even despite his youth, he's still considered to be one of the hottest young talents at the club;
3. He's a striker.

And as regards 3., Spurs are having real difficulty signing/keeping strikers, since none wants to play 2nd fiddle to Kane if they're anyway decent. Therefore should he fulfil his potential, TP will be more likely to get promoted through the ranks at Spurs than a striker at another top club, or a player in a different position at WHL.

But he's still never going to shift HK whilst the latter is still at the club, which could be some time yet.

And as for getting to play alongside him, Son and/or Moura have got that sewn up for another bit yet.

TP will have to be patient.

Edited by Territorial - 23 Jul 2019 at 3:20pm
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 3:21pm
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by eddiebro eddiebro wrote:

Good comments by Richie Dunne https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/richard-dunne-wants-tottenham-wonderkid-18652473
Dunne is absolutely spot-on (imo).

And as it happens, notwithstanding "pulling rank" on Parrott over the U-19's, poch is more receptive to players going off on international duty than most managers, since he sees the bigger picture.

(Tbf, he can afford to, since he knows he won't be sacked after losing 2 or 3 games!)
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

To provide a little bit of perspective, whilst TP is clearly a terrific prospect, and Poch is far more open to giving prospects their chance than most other managers, nonetheless TP is still only one of several such prospects in the Spurs team.

For example, starting alongside him in that Spurs team in Singapore were Georgiou and Tanganaga, neither of whom has made a PL start for Spurs. And coming on on 46 mins (or later in the half) were Roles, Marsh, White and Bowden, with Whiteman, De Bie and Lyons-Foster unused subs. How many of you have heard of those players? (I hadn't, bar one or two).

And history tells us that only a tiny minority of such players go on to make a decent living in the game, never mind a fortune at a top club.

That said, TP does appear to have three things in his favour.
1. At 17 1/2 y.o., he's younger than most (all?) of those others;
2. Even despite his youth, he's still considered to be one of the hottest young talents at the club;
3. He's a striker.

And as regards 3., Spurs are having real difficulty signing/keeping strikers, since none wants to play 2nd fiddle to Kane if they're anyway decent. Therefore should he fulfil his potential, TP will be more likely to get promoted through the ranks at Spurs than a striker at another top club, or a player in a different position at WHL.

But he's still never going to shift HK whilst the latter is still at the club, which could be some time yet.

And as for getting to play alongside him, Son and/or Moura have got that sewn up for another bit yet.

TP will have to be patient.

At what age do you expect him to reach his beak?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 4:16pm

Good comments by Richie Dunne https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/richard-dunne-wants-tottenham-wonderkid-18652473

Dunne is enjoying retirement! Size of him LOL
Here we go again
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 4:17pm
LOL
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Dunne is enjoying retirement! Size of him LOL

He was in Belfast recently doing his UEFA coaching licence. I go to the gym in the hotel that they stay in while over doing it. Big Dunne wasn't in the gym sadly, but unsurprisingly, did see Ricardo Carvalho though

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 4:24pm
He was always going to be a Razor Ruddock type retiree. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 251>
  Share Topic